1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What does Dan Moore have on Tomlin?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Aug 4, 2024.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    He has had three years of showcasing. That should be enough in my mind.

2. Voice of Reason

Voice of Reason Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2019
    What about Alan Faneca, or more recently, David DeCastro?

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    Dulac is a idiot again

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Did Dulac miss the practice when Moore was beaten for sacks on 3 straight plays?

I don’t think Moore is as bad as some fans say, but he damn well isn’t our future at the LT position, and the chance of him being one of our 2 best OTs this season is very low.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I would say a good reason would be to not stunt the growth of our future LT (Jones) by playing him out of position (again). It's not like Moore is some good LT that were just waiting for the kids to outperform... Jones was already a superior player to Moore as a rookie. Not a lot to go on just yet for Fautanu, but I'd say its a good bet to say he likely is as well... We aren't tied financially to Moore past the season. Why is this even a question?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
    True but this is such a concern for me and many others that Moore will be our LT again,no matter what

7. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    With Tomlin, I guess we should expect it. If Fautanu is truly not ready to play, then fine... Its a sucky solution but we have to do what we have to do. If Fautanu shows any amount of readiness, there is 0 downside to starting him at RT and Jones at LT. We know Jones can handle it. He did well for us last year as a rookie. Now Fautanu has to prove that he can.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I call bullsit, Moore has had more than enough time
    with Steelers to show them what he has. Play the draft pick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I was wrong. I get now why they are bringing Fautanu along slowly. After the scrimmage tonight he looks like he still needs time to adjust to RT and the NFL.

10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I’d play Fautanu at left and leave Jones at right.

11. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I agree. Doesn’t Fautanu have wiicker feet than Jones? Plus he can next to Seamalu who can help guide him.

12. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    He'll adjust. Still have 3 weeks to get ready for games that count. Buffalo comes in next week for practices
    with Steelers this should help all young OL. Lets hope these practices are productive and not fight riddled.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    just the reason we don't get rid of moore.

https://steelersdepot.com/2024/08/s...roy-fautanu-suffers-knee-injury-in-nfl-debut/

besides that he gave up two sacks. they called one a pressure but it was very clear he got beat on both. there really is a reason they usually don't start rookies right away. the guys across from them are pretty good too. he will get there, no use hurrying the process. at this point they better get cook or whomever is next up ready. i hate this in preseason. now if troy is not practicing, it will be longer. i for one am glad we didn't trade moore as some wanted to do. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    From what little I saw of Fautanu, I was impressed how well he moves for such a big guy. Also, he looks like he has a mean streak in him too. Hope his injury is minor, because he needs to be in that starting line-up, and Moore needs to be on the bench

15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought I read that both Benton and TF are minor, atleast I hope so.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    let's hope. i haven't seen any more about it yet. this is why i hate the preseason. :cool:

17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yeah the one sack he gave up to Hunter, he forced Hunter way outside of the play but Fields had pressure coming from the middle and spun out of the pocket and ran right into the sack.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    How would you like players to get ready for the season?

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    some of it is needed but i still hate it for the starters. the steelers tackle in practice. the vet's don't need some young guy trying to prove his worth taking out a starter for the season.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Arch Stanton

Arch Stanton Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2022
    Doesn't matter to me what side they play on, as long as they're both in there

21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Preseason Week 1 goes to Dan Moore for the win. Troy Fautanu gave up 2 sacks in the game, before going out with an injury.

You guys had better get used to seeing Dan Moore at LT for regular season week 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Bubbahotep

Bubbahotep Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2022
    I'm going to the practices to watch some fighting, and hope some football breaks out....:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Could be a Pat Meyer thing.

If Pat Meyer has no faith in himself for developing young talent, it is better to keep the veterans on the team.

With all the O-Line injuries this preseason nobody is getting traded anywhere this year.

• Like Like x 2
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Imagine if they listened to everyone saying to trade Moore. LoL. Again I say good thing you guys aren't our GM.

• Winner Winner x 2