1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want to see in the second preseason game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Aug 15, 2023.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Did I?

did not know I did that.....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

More like $16 and they still expect a tip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LOVE to see if we can MAUL a defense!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I actually do 25 minutes in the freezer

And if you stick a room temp beer into an icy slushy cooler it takes 7 minutes

I put a thermometer in a bottle once and timed

They don’t take cash at the games any more only a card and I’ve found beer tastes better if I don’t look at the receipt

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Really. I haven't been in awhile.

6. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Every place is going cashless. Stadiums, Concert venues, airports to name a few. Soon it will be all bars, restaurants, grocery stores and everything else under the sun. Even the bums on the street will be demanding you to Venmo them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmmm. That sucks, and shouldn't IMO be allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Back in the very very early 90's my then girlfriend told me at the moment I first started using an ATM machine that the United States would eventually go to a cashless society. I laughed her off but now I realize that we are closer than ever before to that happening. BTW - I still use cash for most everything. It's funny getting change sometimes. Most kids these days don't know how to do simple math.:eek:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I bought a can of nightcrawlers at the bait shop from a teenage girl who was the clerk. The cost was $4.17 so I gave her a five dollar bill and a quarter because I didn't want a bunch of change in my pocket. She gave me back 83¢ plus the quarter. I told her no I didn't want all of that change just give me back a dollar and she could keep the 8¢. She ran off and asked for help and an older guy came out and finished the purchase.

10. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

No lie. I went to McD's about 2 months ago and my bill came to $12.01. I gave the kid $13 and he had to have someone else count me out .99 cents change.
    This country's in trouble!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    So funny, my Dad used to paralyze a cashier by giving like a $20 plus an odd change so he would just get a quarter back or something and sometimes the cashier had already punched in $20 vs $20.07 and it would cripple the entire assembly line. I told my Dad stop doing that. On a side note, the day we are cashless is just another step to ceding control that we shouldn't want to. When gas cars go away your car can be stopped from driving via software or shutting off the grid to limit charging thus movement. Not to be Orwellian but that is no bueno. I just got back from Western Pa and left at 5:30am from Erie and drove nonstop to NJ in 5 1/2 hours on one tank of gas. Good luck in an electric car.

Lastly, what's up with every single establishment looking for a tip. I'm in McDonalds, you make bugers, I have to fill my own drink and now even punch in my order and you are looking for a tip, WTF???

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Totally embarrassing!! He probably wanted a tip as well. Its crazy how much Mickey D's is now but unfortunately the majority of people voted for this insanity. This is the effect of pumping trillions (yeah trillions) into the system. We get higher costs and less service everywhere!! Remember when ATM's replaced tellers and "it will cost less" then they added a fee for using another banks ATM. What happened to all the money saved from less tellers along with their benefits. Just like "we will use a toll only until the road is paid for or until the bridge is paid for." Total BS!

• Like Like x 2
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    I had the same thing happen

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Just chilling

Oct 26, 2011
    In 1936, a statewide temporary 10% tax on alcohol was created to assist Johnstown PA with the city's recovery from the flood.

That temporary tax still exists and is now 18%

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    When I was at a music festival in Germany, it was cashless and they gave everybody wristbands with a chip on it that you put money into online. Then at the festival you just let the cashiers scan it for beer or food or merchandise. I've heard some events have tried it here in the States and I can only imagine more will follow suit. Worked super slick with no problems at all. I'm fine with most places being cashless. I don't carry cash most of the time anyway.

16. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    I bought a pair of tennis shoes at the Nike store around 10 years ago and paid for it with a check. The kid behind the counter was totally confused and went and got 2 other clerks to help him. It took the 3 of them around 15 minutes to finally figure out how to cash a check. I've never paid anything else with a check after that.

17. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Nothing better than that person holding up the line at the convenience store by paying with a check! Hell, I hardly ever write them anymore so when I do, I have to think about it for a second.

18. Wolfepack88

Oct 16, 2022
    Or at the grocery store and they don't even have the "TO:" filled out yet. Always a great day when that happened. Now we have to bag our own groceries with our own bags. As Sebastian M said, "Now I work at the grocery store!!"

19. Hanratty#5

Apr 20, 2019
    Yeah that was me at the Nike store. I was already out of place being 40 years older than anyone else there and when I pulled out my checkbook everyone looked at me like I was Festus Haggans trying to pay with beaver pelts.

20. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    So…for the 2nd preseason game I want to see colder beer and lower taxes.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2014
    Hopefully Benton and Joey Jr are back unless they play in the 3rd game for starters. No hurry if they are starters

• Like Like x 1
  22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    That first drive against TB he got beaten twice and almost got Pickett sacked but he threw it away. I do feel that he will be gone next season and Moore will take his spot. Or maybe if he struggles he will be replaced by Moore. I don't see Jones playing RT being a rookie he is learning the NFL game as a LT which is his natural position.

Guys a beast and can take on multiple blockers but Watt can as well who ran with the 1st team. If he is cut hopefully lands on the PS. Or Adams gets the gate.

Side note a bit worried about Ogunjobi. Wearing a walking boot on the leg that he had the foot injury. Hopefully is just a precaution. No news on what it is.

23. Viper69

Viper69 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2023
  24. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Hmmm, how will all this work at a strip joint?
    TIP INCLUDED?
    OOPS, OH yeah football.
    Umm..
    SCORE a lot? NO major boo-boos.

25. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    That was you?!!?!!?

I got tired of waiting and dropped my sh!t and walked out SHOELESS!!!