1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you truly want?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    With all the drama surrounding idiots in a Steeler uniform, I am curious what people actually want when it comes to people like LB and AB?

If you could wave a magic wand and control the outcome, what would you want to see happen to each of these two guys?

AB ..... I hope that somehow we get solid value for him and he goes to a team where he soon realizes what he had. I'd like to see his combination of blown good fortune and stupidity bring him 3 seasons of 600-700 yards and 5 TD catches, retire as the ultimate idiot.

LB ..... I hope the market let's him know how foolish his demands are and his weight becomes an issue for his next victim. I'd like to see him get his Bell rung a few times because he is with a QB with a lot less talent and an offense that is solely dependent on him; since he is both a running back and a wide receiver:hehehe:

Added bonus Vontaze Burfict ..... I would pay good money to see him in his Bengal uniform go up against 11 starving Bengal tigers, in a gladiator arena where he could not escape, while wearing a blindfold so he couldn't see what was coming much like the cheap shots he puts on people. Oh, and he is miked up:clapping:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I want AB to go to a team with a crappy QB and a crappy offensive system. He'll self-destruct before long. I would then like to see him get suspended without pay and have his career come crashing down around him. He'll still be financially set for life as long as he doesn't blow it all, but I want him to regret his actions and hopefully the consequences of his actions are a deterrent to others. The grass is rarely greener on the other side

As for Bell, i could care less about him. That was business stuff and nothing more. He said some stupid things, but the reality is that he wasn't under contract and had no obligation to show up. He exercises his rights under the CBA, just like the Steelers did. No hard feelings towards him.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Bell? Hope the brother gets his money which he will.

AB just be quiet at this point. Your point has been made and Colbert even further confirmed your point about Ben. Ben is quiet mainly because he is in a position of power but still it's over with. No need for AB to continue to go on these rants. Enough people have confirmed what he said about Ben so move on and let it go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    2 blown ACL's

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    a bigger dong

sorry just read the title lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I haven't seen one credible source regarding Bell's purported increase in weight. If he did that, it would be the single most dumbest thing of his life seeing he's banking on numbers from two years ago for his big contract. So I don't believe that for one second.

Bell is going to get paid with his guaranteed money. He won't get as much as he wanted, but someone will pay up. If he shows up at 260lbs like people blindly report than no he won't get his money, but since that hasn't happened he will get paid. I see him as a NY Jet to help out a young QB.

As for Brown, who knows. There is no predictability with him on any front. For all we know, he will retire because people don't bow down to his demands. It's either a 1st round pick or a 7th round pick. I'll blindly say a 4th as that's what the Raiders got for Moss and how bad Brown had destroyed his trade value recently.

7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Same guy or one each?

8. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    In a fantasy I'd love for both these guys to come back to earth, humble and say you know what. I was wrong, come back to Burgh and ball out for the TEAM. But that'll never happen, so realistically speaking, I want them both to go to teams with much less talent so all of us can say "told you so" to all those who enabled these to guys to feel so entitled when it was the Burgh and Ben specifically who made them, not the other way around.

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't think Bell will get the money he wants. His formerly unique capabilities are becoming the norm and he isn't the standout he once was.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    You mean Tomlin?

11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Not the norm. Only 3 RBS are comparable to his all around ability and that's Zeke, Gurley, and saquon. Kamara is up there as well.

12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I agree, but the last time LB played football he was the only one doing it routinely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Simple. The Steelers to beat sub .500 teams with consistency. :rolleyes:

This would solve a lot of problems the Steelers have such as... playoff seeding and actually making the playoffs. Obviously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    19-0. Is that too much to ask?

As for Bell and Brown. For Bell, I don't really care. For Brown, I want to team to stay firm and not give him away or allow an unconditional release. Even if his situation causes a distraction, the longer term damage of giving into his demands is too much to allow. Credibility is critical for the long-term success of the team in dealing with petulant players. If a players how is inclined to play the diva game sees weakness, this type of BS will never end. If they AB's career suffer from what he's done, they'll think twice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't really mind what LB or AB get up to once they're gone, I just want us to do better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Mike Tomlin replaced.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I was thinking both guys but u pose an interesting question

18. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    My hope is LB and AB have no negative effect on the Steeler team from here on out. As for them personally, I hope they can succeed where ever they go, as I think football is all about money, it's business and money first with team owners and players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Since we are using a magic wand, then I see frogs in the future.

20. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I should say something classy like world peace or the McRib to be a year long menu item (not for me asking for a friend ) but that just isn't my style so I think I'll say Natalie Portman and a tropical island for a profound discussion about the social equities of the genders with pauses for robust rebuttals. Yes that's what I truly want.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    For AB- I truly want him to go to Washington and play with whomever they will have at QB (maybe Josh Rosen???) and see that he won't have the same production value.. as for compensation for him.. At least a 2 or an NFL ready player and a low pick..

For Bell... Heard Bryce Harper wants him in Philly (after he said he was bringing championships to DC... at his Philly press conference).. Wouldn't mind him going there...

As long as neither go to Oak I am fine!

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Or one that remembers what it was like to be a young man.

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    both of their dicks to fall off

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And a princess?

25. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    This & not folding to the Cheats in the playoffs.