1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think should happen to Tomlin and the Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by pellynch14, Dec 4, 2013.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Care to elaborate? Did he contradict himself and if so, how?

I heard that as well. And if the tiebreaker goes all the way down to point differential, points scored and affects playoff position for the Ravens, they will revisit the draft pick option. Very unlikely, but possible.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    No, a lot of people make mistakes in the heat of the moment. It likely wasn't a decision that Tomlin thought through. He probably never considered whether he would get away with it or not, he simply reacted. Do none of you guys ever act on impulse? Do you guys really sit down and weigh the pro's and con's of everything you do in life? People react sometimes without thinking things through.

3. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This board would implode if Harbaugh did that to the Steelers!
    :shocked:

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Good Lord, I don't even want to imagine the :bscow::darkness: that would happen here if that were to occur!

5. scruffy

scruffy Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Here are all the related posts.Of course you might want to verify what I'm telling you by listening to his entire presser again. :lolol:

If you do listen to the presser again, pay close attention as I think there is a second lie, misconception, selective memory, or whatever term you might want to give it in there as well. Sorry, but twice is all I can stand ... that in part is why I want a full text version to peruse. :smiley1:

6. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    TTF would have to look for a new server because the current one would likely burst into flames due to all the posts going on at the same time. The madness that is Black Friday is nothing compared to what Steeler nation would do if harbught interfered with one of our players.

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You mean much like it has now??? I don't think the 5 or 6 posters in Tomlins camp would put too much more of a strain on the server had Harbaugh done it.

8. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I do. I think what you're seeing now would be multiplied by 100.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Hmm... maybe it spygate that killed the old MB? :hmmm:

10. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    Well Jack, what's your thoughts now? :shrug:
    Did you re-listen to Tomlin's presser, or find anything else of interest?

11. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I looked it over and listened to some of it. In the office so not as thoroughly as I might later. I still haven't read or heard anything that would make me think he was trying to intentionally affect the outcome of the play. I stand by my contention that he'd have to be insane to do that and nothing in his past would make be believe that he's willing to stoop to that level.

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    c mon did you see the video from behind , at soon jones take the sideline (on about own 15 yards) tomlin position himself on the line with all the body as much as possible inside the field , then look from the corner of his eyes and does the spin when jones is about to hit him . cortez allen was catching him anyway but tomlin made it intentionally , there are 3 moves all in the direction of jones . when is start to run when is coming and when is about to hit him ..too much to consider it a casuality .

13. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    Do you agree that Tomlin lied in his presser when he said he hadn't talked to the Rooneys (yes/no)??

I stand by my contention that he lied or intentially mislead people at least twice in his presser.

Am I going overboard, I don't think so ... keep in mind although he wasn't my most favorite coach, I was ok with him up until this year, and that I wasn't even calling for his head, until after I listened to his presser (twice).

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You? Stop, of course not, you of the 5 million face palms every time you mention Tomlin. I'm sure you aren't jaded at all.

15. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    Get me a full Text version of the presser, and I'll show you overboard. :smiley1:

16. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I don't think Tomlin tried to intentionally physically interfere with Jones or have any thought at the time of impeding his progress.

What I think Tomlin tried to do was to attempt to pose in his "cool" way as Jones ran by for some psychological gain. I am not exactly sure why, but I feel that it was an ego thing on Tomlin's part. Something like saying "You aren't good enough to return this kickoff for a touchdown on my team."

Unfortunately, he got too close and had to react by jumping back, but I honestly think his movements towards the line were driven by his ego.

Beyond that, I don't care nor will I call for his demise because of this. I watch the games because I want to see the team succeed and win games, not because I want to watch holy Jesus-like figures scatter around on my screen.

17. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    I can maybe agree with your theory as to how Tomlin got there or was trying to do/not do. All I want is a coach that doesn't lie in his pressers. Tomlin lied twice in his sideline presser (that I could find).

BTW, I'm so relieved to hear that we didn't let anyone return any kickoffs for a TD against us this year. I'll bet Danny Smith is finally relieved to hear that too, he might get more bubblegum this Christmas. LOL :lolol:

18. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    According to Tomlin in his "sideline presser", this return never happened this year. Maybe we started 0-4 this year because Tomlin missed the entire pre-season. :roflmao:

[video=youtube;_Wx9C-cpXxM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wx9C-cpXxM[/video]

Danny Smith is just too much ... also seems to have a little "nose itch" too.
    Iffin ya got yer ears on Danny, this diddy is fer you. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9DAGsIo0Q0

19. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    One thing is for sure, you wont see tomlin standing on the outer edge of that white line again: To begin with, that white line is 6 feet wide, and there is no excuse for a coach or a player standing on the outer edge pretending he doesn't know the keep back sideline rule, of course that white line isn't near as wide as it needs to be to fit tomlins EGO.........

20. scruffy

Jan 3, 2012
    Did you happen to see where Tomlin was standing in that KC kickoff return video (above)?? :rolleyes: