1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this mock?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrock151, Mar 5, 2012.

1. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I've been all over the place as far as mocks, and who I'd take where, and whatever. Steelers depot has their mock up, and finally I said holy crap, I'd take that in a second. What do you think?

1st- Hightower, ILB, Alabama 2nd Ta'amu DT, Washington 3rd Brooks, G, Miami (Oh) 4th- McNutt, WR, Iowa
    5th- Henry, Safety, Wisc. 6th- Bryan, TE, NC State 7th- Carmon, Tackle, Miss. State

Think it hits on all of our needs (K, FB, 3rd String QB, can all be had with 7th comps or UDFA's). Quality players, and the receiver isn't 5' 10".

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd be happy with that. Although if it were me I'd prefer Nate Potter (Boise St) in round 4 over McNutt... but still would be very happy with that.

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Very good mock and quite similar to mine (See thread SBD's Steeler only mock Contest). I like that you grabbed a TE. I really wanted one in mine and could see the Steelers going in that direction.

4. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Like I said, I would be pretty happy if this was our draft. I tend to agree with SBD, maybe pull in a second O-lineman in the 4th and save the WR for the 7th round. But across the board, this is one of the best ones I've seen. Almost went nuts on one site that had us taking 3 corners and a safety in the draft, including 1st round (Janoris Jenkins), a 5' 10" WR, a running back, and one offensive lineman, who was, I think, the fifth or 6th rated center.

5. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd actually be pretty stoked if we got Jenkins in the first, just because I think he's a top 8 talent... but not gonna happen.