1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of my roster?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel1031, Feb 19, 2012.

1. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

how many 3-4 de's record double digit sacks in a season.... willis was an absolute beast.... how he flew under the radar his whole career is beyond me.... he is more underappreciated than aaron smith ever was

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I was about to post my comparison but I think I pretty much agree with what you've put here.

Agree on QB and RB. Novachek was probably a better receiving TE than Heath, but I'm also not sure that's the best that Dallas can field.

Receivers are hard to judge - both because of different rules (Irvin didn't score a TD where he hadn't pushed off a defender), and because my dislike for Irvin probably clouds my judgement too much here. Bob Hayes, on the other hand, was tremendous, and an all-round athlete (he probably beats Hines, if a straightforward comparison is possible). Like someone else said, a more in-depth position comparison might help here, but I'd probably call this a draw on these four players.

Don't know enough about the Dallas o-line, tbh.

I think the d-line is probably quite a close thing - the domesday defense was dominating, but not for as long as the steel curtain was.

The linebackers and secondary we annihilate them on, even without Rod Woodson.

One of the reasons for the numerous teams vs always a Steeler point is probably due to the number of 90's players, when Dallas was the king of Free Agency.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I mentioned the free agency thing to him and he came back and said they drafted the players on his list. all except deion. I dont think that is right but i didnt argue. I know they drafted smith and irvin not sure about the oline.

4. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I was disappointed not to see Kordell Stewart and Deuce Stanley in there, but well, that's just me.

5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    We can't put Kordell down, the Cowboys don't have a "slash" role equivalent. Unless you count Pacman Jones as football player "slash" convict.

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Woodson IS a HOFer

7. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I now people are upset over the woodson thing, but I wanted to get as many players that just played with steelers as I could. I know is best years were with the steelers, but I knew he would have deion and haley so I wanted players that played with one team. besides jack butler is no scab

8. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    Unbelivealble, I actually got a cowboy fan to admit the steelers have had better players. He said that the current rosters favor the steelers and that the rosters we came up with favor the steelers. he thinks the cowboy offense is better, but did say that the only thing he thinks is alot better was the o-line. He gave us the defense and said that I had alot more players to choose from than he did because the steelers have had alot more greats on d.