1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about this team?

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by strummerfan, Aug 20, 2013.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    14 team .5 ppr

Flacco
    Rb McCoy
    Rb MJD
    WR Hakeem Nicks
    WR Decker
    Flex Lacy
    TE Eifert
    D/st Steelers
    K niners kicker can't remember his name

B Mendenhall
    B Blackmon
    B Golden Tate
    B E. Sanders
    B Heath
    B Alex Smith

I took Heath as my final pick, even if he's out a month the next 12 weeks justify that position. A similar situation with Blackmon. Yes, he's suspended for a month, but could be a huge steal. I really wanted Ridley as rb2, but he was drafted just before me. I know a lot of people are down on MJD, but he's been a total stud on bad teams in the past and this is a contract year.

2. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Kinda Average. Could have done better at QB esp somewhere round 3-6 depending how big is your league. Dujuan Harris has been named the starter over Lacy. MJD SHady and Nicks will get you the points, I believe Eifert will move ahead of Graham at some point. With the added weapon in Welker I have a feeling its gonna be a hit or miss season in Denver. DT will propbably be consistent.

3. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

It's a 14 team league. I haven't seen any reports of the PAckers naming a starter yet. The closest is they're giving Harris every opportunity to win the job despite being outplayed by Lacy. I was shooting for Stafford or ROmo, but they both got snatched up right before my pick. I ended up taking Flacco in the 8th. I'm kind of high on Alex Smith paired with Andy Reid and might grab him off waivers.

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Very much doubt it's a championship team. Flacco isn't a very good fantasy QB. Too inconsistent. Nicks is always injured. Eifert should be good in the future, but rookie TE's rarely perform all that well. MJD is a huge question mark. Decker is likely going to be the 3rd read on a lot of passing plays now that Welker is there. If Julius Thomas lives up to the hype than that's one more mouth to feed. The Steelers DST doesn't get many turnovers so they're not that good in fantasy either.

I think you're going to struggle to make the playoffs

5. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Not crazy about your team either, to be honest. Shady will definitely get you points, but other than that, I dunno who you can really count on in that list. I'm suspect of the defense, too. Historically in most leagues the Steelers defense doesn't score that much. I'd scout the free agent pool for another wide reciever from a team that will throw alot of shallow passes (Redskins, Eagles, Seahawks), and try to find another RB. I'm not sold on MJD or Mendenhall. And I'd start Smith over Flacco.

6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I disagree with the naysayers. For a 14 team league, that team should be in the mix for a playoff spot. Don't forget what MJD has done when healthy. He can be a top 5-10 back. Also, if Nicks is healthily, he's probably a 1,200 yard, 9-10 TD guy. In a 10-12 player league, I'd be iffy on it. But for a 14 team league, that's a pretty solid roster.

7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    They were like 11th in 2012. The Bengals are talking about using Eifert like a wr this year. It's also being reported that he's becoming Dalton's favorite target. THose two things make me think I'll be able to survive with him until Heath returns.

8. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Look, so even if they finished 11th in fantasy, that means they're among the worst fantasy D's in the league. If you were in a 32 team league, then fine, but 11th in a 14th team league isn't good at all.

As for Eifert, they can use him however they want, it doesn't mean he'll perform. Indy used flee near as a move TE. Jared Cook was used as a move TE. Lots of TE's are used that way, but it doesn't mean they're going to excel. I expect Eifert to be right in the middle of the pack. Not terrible, not great, just average.

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Since you didn't get it the first time let's try another way. He's just a stop gap until Heath returns.

10. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Why come in here asking for opinions on your team if you're just going to get defensive about it? I know Heath is your full time TE, but I was purely commenting on Eifert since that is who you're going to be starting for the time being. Heath had a career year last season and if he does it again, then you're fine at TE. If he has a year more typical of what he's done in the past, then Heath will be a lot like Eifert, middle of the pack, will hurt your team when you're playing against Witten, Graham, Gronk or Gonzo, but other than that, he'll be fine.