1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you all think of Bell not getting long term deal????

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Dustin, Jul 18, 2017.

1. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    If this is Bell's last season as a Steeler, then i'll bet Tomlin runs him until the wheels fall off. Might as well.

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I guess not but I could have sworn I saw that in writing. Can't remember where. Someone save me here I know I saw it

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Closest I saw was a post in this board where the OP used a misleading title to twist around another writers article.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

We need to find another Fast Willie.

5. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I think he mostly wants the money. However, I have this fear he will end of being a Patriot after this year in order to get a SB in his mind. Many players thing they will go there and get a ring. Personally, I believe the Patriot meddling with Bell began last year when Belichick commented he is a special player for any team. He was cautious not to say he wanted him, but I believe it began. My wish would be he remains a Steeler. But, if he is not going to be a Steeler for life, I hope he gets his ring this year as a Steeler, then goes for the money landing a contract with the with a bottom feeding team that never beats the Steelers.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I do not think that Adrian Petersons situation affected Le'Veons directly.

Le'Veon's situation is more unique. Few backs in the league are like him. His skill set makes him worth the money for sure given the revival of the running back position. The issue though has always been his availability and his suspensions. Adrian did have that issue with his kids but outside of that, Adrian has been more than available for the Vikings for the majority of his career at Minnesota.

Ultimately though, Adrian's contract dispute is a product of Article 41. Superstars lose while average joe NFL players or those with "one hit wonder" production win.

7. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think it's more that.... few backs are utilized like him. I don't see many teams using a RB as both a RB and receiver, I see David Johnson, LeVeon, and maybe Devonte Freeman as the only dual threat RB's. I'm sure there's other backs capable of receiving and rushing, they just aren't being utilized as both. I like Bell, but I'm not sure he's not partially a product of the "system" rather than a natural phenom.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we were down on receivers last year so bell got a lot more touches in the receiving game as a wide receiver, that won't happen near as much this year. :cool:

9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Unless they're on the Steelers' schedule.

(C'mon, somebody had to say it.)

10. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    Isn't this why he should have took the 42 million??

11. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I guess if I was him playing on the tender I would "hold out" to make sure I am healthy and don't have some freak injury. He should not play in a preseason game-not one snap. That would be in the interest of the Steelers and Bell. The first time he gets live game action should be in the first 3 quarters of the Browns game. Let him sit the 4th. We should have that one wrapped up by then. Heck maybe they shouldn't play him at all that game. We need to keep the team healthy this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There are some RB's that can receive the ball out of the backfield, sure, but not nearly as good. If they could, they would.

DWill can do it, just not on the level Bell can.

Bell is a good route runner and has exceptional hands.

13. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers offered Bell a very good deal considering the injury risks associated with RB's, average lengths of RB's careers, and the way the position is paid these days. Bell probably made a mistake by not signing the deal.