1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do we do in Rds 2 and 3?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Cbus Steelers, Apr 26, 2012.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree Cordy Glenn will be a great OL guy as well....Look at his 2010 tape at Guard he is very close to Decastro and those 2 would fit great together....Glenn is a little weak in pulling and quicker guys give him trouble,Decastro is a little weak against big strong guys and is a great puller and trap guy.....

Haley and coach K could use the scheme to get the most from these guys,run behind Glenn force the D to put there big guy on his side which helps Glenn and puts Decastro on the smaller guy or he gets to trap on a LB......

I say move up and get Glenn,I expect a run on WR'S including Fleener from the TE spot early in round #2....I still think we want a Big WR and I still think Brian Quick could be that guy if we stay put....Tomlin is a x WR from a small school so I could see the Love,,,plus it would match the Decastro pick getting a big body WR for the Redzone who could win 1 on 1 off of PA....Because our PA game got a lot better last night so we need a WR who can force his way off the line as well IMO ....

2. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I agree. Our biggest need and we filled it with the best prospect at that position in the past decade. Couldn't be more pumped that he fell to us.

Will be interesting to see what we do tonight. Maybe we trade up since we lucked out and got our guy in Round #1 without having to do so.

How much would we have to give up to move up 10-15 spots into the early part of round 2 to get a guy if there is someone out there that Colbert really wants? 4th rounder? I doubt that happens but given the talent that slipped last night, who knows???

3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    In order to get up far enough to get a REALLY good player, I think we have to give up our 3rd, which I don't really want to do. I would have no reservations of moving our 4th if it meant we could get a coveted player.

4. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The 5 remaining players that I truly covet are Martin, Upshaw, Silatolu, Glenn and Janoris Jenkins (although I will freely admit that I have only seen about 15 minutes of film on Silatolu). I would probably throw a 4th into the mix for one of those guys. After that, there are about 15-20 players that I have a nearly identical grade on, and I would just sit still and let the draft come to me.

I know that we will pass on Jenkins no matter what, and I think it's a shame. The guy is a legit top 10-15 pick in terms of raw talent. Maybe top 5.

5. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think we will take a running back in rounds 2-3.

6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't mind Pead in the 3rd, but I want nothing to do with one in Round 2.

7. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I am biased since I live in Oregon, but L. James would be a GREAT complement to the Steeler running game. He is very quick and surprisingly strong for his size. Maybe round 2 (if high quality OL, NT, def.back are not available), definitely round 3 (if available).

8. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think they go inside linebacker and offensive line today. Not sure which order or which players, as yesterday came as a shock to nearly everyone.

I have to think some GM's are sitting there saying "hey did we really let an 'unsexy' OG pick slide to the steelers?" As much as the first round had it's share of defensive players go, I think the 2nd will have a bunch of OL guys snatched up. Which may clear the way for us to pick up Nebraska LB Lavonte David (give him a chance to learn the system instead of throwing him right into the starting lineup).

OL, I could see Brooks from Miami in the 3rd.

9. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I say Worthy or Ta'amu in the 2nd
    James Michael Johnson or Audie Cole in the 3rd and
    Josh Chapman if Worthy or Ta'amu are gone in the 4th

10. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Sticking with my mock.

2. NT Alameda Ta'Amu (We will have to trade our 4th round pick to move up to get him).
    3. OG Brandon Brooks (Miami OH)

11. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    :dfense: :amen: :this!:

12. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think if we want Chapman it needs to be at the end of the 2nd.

So I'll go with Josh Chapman (NT) in the 2nd and either Brandon Brooks (G) or Markelle Martin (FS) in the 3rd.

13. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I want the best available OLman 2nd round...If we dont move.. Massie(most likely not there but)..Brookes..Oseleme...Adams(yeah I know)...We get one of these guys round 2 our OL is cemented for YEARS to come!!YEARS!! And that is our main weakness.That doesnt take into account trading up(way up like top 3 tonight) to maybe get Glenn or Martin...But the way the first went maybe one will fall to us.NOT

We could wait till next years draft to address NT or maybe Chapman in round 3 if we stand pat!!