1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do we do in Rds 2 and 3?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Cbus Steelers, Apr 26, 2012.

1. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    What do you guys think in rounds 2 and 3? Any chance we made any kind of trade up to get a guy like Levonte David or Mychal Kendricks? Or any chance those guys are still there at #56?

Do we go after another OLineman in Rd 2 and try to really turn the line around? Silatolu? Sanders? Osemele? Brooks? Trade up for Massie?

Ta'amu will probalby be a 2nd round pick and Chapman might be there in the third...we definitely need to address NT.

What do you guys think??? Great feeling going into tomorrow knowing we got DeCastro tonight!

2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Im done with ILB's in this draft.....I would go with back to back Guards...or take a swipe at Stephen Hill.

HACK

3. SteelMojo

SteelMojo Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Two id go Janoris Jenkins 3 id go Isaiah Pead

4. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    No clue...a number of guys fell well below where they could have gone...and theres still a lot of potential first rounders out there to be had in the second. I think they could easily some good talent when they're picks come up...without having to trade.

5. Badboy212

Badboy212 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Gonna be interesting for sure. Hack said no on LB's but I see a LB and 3rd is NT

6. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Amini Silatolu, Stephen Hill, Lavonte David (to play ILB), Bobby Massie, Mike Adams

in that order.

7. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yup. After DeCastro fell to us and Irvin being picked #15, I really have no idea how the 2nd will play out. Heck, at this point pick your favorite player left and there's a good chance he may be there when we pick.

8. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Need to get a NT, whether its Ta'Amu in the 2nd or Chapman in the 3rd. NEED to get one of these guys. I still don't mind getting another OL in Round 3 (Brandon Brooks/Zebrie Sanders) if we get Ta'Amu.

I'm with Hack, Hightower was the 1 chance to get an ILB. Not really a priority for me anymore.

See if a Safety like Iloka is available in the 3rd.

I'm not a fan of it, but take a look at Isaiah Pead in the 3rd.

Locking in on Ta'amu now!!

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I don't see them carrying 3 NT's on their roster. Unless they are willing to cut Hampton I don't see them drafting one.

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Keep in mind McLendon cam play DE also...so if they didnt want to keep 3 NTs...they could could one less DE and still have 3 NTs on the roster.

11. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I dont see why some are saying theres no other ILBs around...and they had to get Hightower or they get nobody.

12. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Im not saying there are not some possibly good ILB's....but I am not interested in any of them...they all have holes...and probably would not beat out Sly let alone Foote.

and as for 3 NT....Steelers have done so for a few years now...so not unprecedented.

HACK

13. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    WE may take a shot with one later in the draft, just can't see it happening in rounds 2-4.

14. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    A few more head scratcher picks like Jenkins, Irvin, Jones and Weeden, and we could be looking at another quality player landing in our laps. How about doubling up on Stanford linemen with Martin? I'm thinking Osemele has a good shot to be there. I definitely want Chapman in R3, and I think he'll be there, but the round 2 pick is looking ever more intriguing.

15. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Ronnell Lewis is really the only guy I like left at ILB....and he is an OLB that they think could play inside.

HACK

16. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The Steelers were patient in round 1 and got a great pick.

There is a part of me that think they need to be aggressive in order to get the guy they want in Round 2 who is really a 1st round pick.

17. Steel Here In Va

Steel Here In Va Member

Oct 16, 2011
    astounded with our first pick couldn't be happier. Next pick should go to DL or Secondary to challenge Lewis since Gay is thankfully gone. Agree that ILB will be needed on our next draft unless we get a hidden gem in the later rounds.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Address the NT position, then ILB.

19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

I too was confused with some of these picks by other teams, I beleive Chapman is on our radar
    If we get him and with Decastro this would be huge. Now that the Steelers have their main man I believe the Steelers will now deal to get the person (NT) that they want. This is a great day in the Steel City with Decastro falling to us. Unbelievable we just got a whole lot better with 1 pick
    now if we can parlay 2 more this will be outstanding.

20. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If we could get another Ol and a NT we'll have our lines set for years.

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    thats my guy next hack. i have him in my mock. he may need a little work but he'll knock the snot out of people. players go backwards when he hits them. our kind of guy. :cool:

22. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    Keep in mind that McClendon has rotated at DE as well as NT, so he'd probably be a swingman on the DL. I could see Kiesel, Ziggy, Heyward, McClendon, Casey, Rookie.

23. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Any chance we now look at Burfict late in the draft as a total boom/bust option at ILB?

24. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I also want to just throw in I'm going to be pretty happy with this draft no matter how the rest of it shakes out.

25. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Well, I think we all agree that the 1st round pick was golden. It addresses the need and we got the best player at his position. Him and Pouncey will make a great duo.

I think the Steelers will do what they always do, they will sit and watch how the draft is going. Once you get out of the 1st round, the draft is known for "runs". One team takes an OT and then everyone else hops back in there in order to get the only remaining 2nd round or 3rd round talent left on the board to address their own needs. As I see it, there are probably at least 6 Olineman left on the board who I would give a 2nd round rating, with Cordy Glenn being the best of the bunch at G. I would LOVE to see the Steelers go against their normal operating procedure and go up and get him in round 2, but I don't think that will happen.

I think they will address OT or OG and NT with the next 2 picks. They still need more depth on the Oline and NT is a position of need. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers passed on NT all together in this draft. The NT options next year are supposed to be that much better. If Hampton has a solid last year, and McLendon develops, it may change our perspective.

Lastly, if we can run right behind: Pouncey/Foster/Gilbert imagine what running behind Pouncey/DeCastro/Colon is going to be like....wow!