1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What do the Bungles really have?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerD, Nov 7, 2011.

1. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    So far I haven't seen anything out of the Bengals that scares me. The same "terrible" defense that Flacco handled this week will probably crush their rookie QB. Flacco has seen it before. If the Steelers don't destroy the Bengals offense next week then I'll have to admit that they are not very good. With all of the negative feelings that come with a loss to the Ravens, I still feel like this team is on the edge of being great. :herewego: :herewego: :herewego:

2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think we underestimate the Bengals at our own risk.

Their defense is very capable. They've been hitting harder and better play reading than in seasons past. Not saying it's anything we can't handle, mind.

Their wide receiver corp is young and promising. Again, not as good as ours, but I don't think they're too far behind.

I hope we crush them, as I think their record doesn't reflect their ability. But we shouldn't underestimate them.

3. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I have not watched a Bengals game this year, but from what I gather from highlights, etc they have a tough defense again and they have an offense with some young dangerous weapons that can get it done through the air.

When I see how we have struggled to put up points and see how teams can still find success putting air under the ball and moving the chains when they need to I start to get pretty nervous about this match up.

Every time we think a QB is going to struggle against us they don't. Recall Colt McCoy making his first start in the NFL last year? Against us and he didn't look all that bad. Dalton is way ahead of where McCoy was in that game last year. He is confident and playing well. We have no consistant identity. I just hope the coaches look real close at the game film and put together a game plan this defense is ready to win with.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    they got nothing we will smoke them

5. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If the players take the Bengals lightly, we will be eliminated from the playoff race.

6. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Bengals are a young,talented bunch.We better bring our A-Game on Sunday.I think we will.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    The Bengals defense is a legit top 10 unit. Ben, Bruce and company had better come out with a cohesive offensive game plan and execute it well. Our defense should be able to do some good things. Dalton is a good rookie QB, but he's still a rookie. Everything points to a pretty low scoring game unless one team starts turning the ball over every other possession.

8. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The way we played last night, we can't take anyone lightly. I see us losing another tight one. Hopefully we can come out strong after the bye.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks like most teams this is their SUPERBOWL, ITS STEELER WEEK.

The y have a very capable defense. If I was game planning for Dalton.
    I would have pressure on him at all times.No laying back. ATTACK.

10. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The Bengirls have a 6-2 record! That should be enough to make them scary. Personally, I think the Steelers have a better team with more weapons, but as some have said, if we don't come prepared for a war, it will be a long afternoon.

11. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They have a pretty good young team. Dalton is playing great and seems to have no fear to put the ball in there in a tight spot. He seems vry accurate. I think the reason that often young QBs do ok against us is becasue they do not know enough to actually be tricked (if you can understand what I mean by that) -- they typically will go with the play call and take either the first or second read and that is it. They do not have the experience to be baited due to a read that the D disguised.

Their receivers are in the typical Cincy mold -- tall and talented, now they got rid of their cancer (85). Their D is legit with their front guys playing really well. There are some holes in the secondary and they miss Joseph. They are playing with confidence and no fear (nice to be playing above expectations, especially with young guys).

Benson still has it and typically has a good game vs. the Steelers.

We need to be on our game for this one. Teams do not get to 6-2 by being bad.

12. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I didn't say that I thought the team should take a week off practice or anything, I just don't see anything in Cincy that worries me about next week's game. Unfortunately I am also not a player or part of the Steeler organization so I'm pretty sure that just because I may take this game a little more lightly than the last two, the players and coaches will still prepare for it like professionals. So I guess what I was saying is if both teams come prepared to play, I like the Steelers chances. :herewego: :herewego: :herewego:

13. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Excellent point Nitro, I was thinking the same thing. Last year when the stains came to town with colt mcCoy everyone thought the steelers would destroy him and win by 40 points. IF I recall that game was a score or two away from being even and McCoy passed for over 250 yards. Dalton is better than McCoy and has a lot of poise plus the Bengals defense is playing with that killer instinct that the Steeler defense used to have. If this game isn't decided late in the fourth quarter I will be real surprised.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    a 6-2 record and belief they are good. :hello: :cool:

15. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Their offense definitely scares me more than their D which I thought I would never say....but after Sunday night, our DB's have to play WAY better or we will lose.

16. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    :this!:

17. SSylvester

SSylvester Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    This. There is no such thing as a guaranteed win in this league. New Orleans found out the hard way. We must be ready to play.