1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What did I miss?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Aug 13, 2021.

1. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Wasn't able to watch the game nor could I record it. Whoever watched it can you give me a quick rundown?

Sounds like Haskins outplayed Rudolph. Berry fought for his job. Anything else?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Mason efficient

Haskins scored all the points

Najee ran well but tried to hurdle twice when the defender didn't go low

Chuks didn't look good in first action

Dan Moore did in his 2nd game

Dotson about to take back his starting role

Steelers traded for Schobert

Watkins from Jax is a fast man

HACK

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
  4. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

So Najee 's gonna get himself killed in the preseason?:rules:

5. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Nah...I feel completely fine with him being who he is.... no matter the risk

Hack

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I was at the game and you give a better account then I could. I was around a lot of drunk people and was more concerned for safety at times. Due to distractions I saw Harris only run once but know he had a few good ones. That hurdle is a good way to end up on the injury list.

7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    3rd drives stalled by his ineptitude is not efficient.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Mason was efficient as mentioned but if Haskins keeps the arrow pointing up he will get the #2 nod. He needs to see some action with more of the starters. Ben will start the game against the Lions and then I want to see Haskins. He showed command against the eagles and has earned a chance with the starters.

Its possible someone could be a trade partner for Rudolph and possibly get back the late round pick (whatever that is) for acquiring Schobert. Dobbs can hold the clipboard. Or keep Mason as the #3.

I knew Dotson would be fine. Chuks is another matter. Moore needs reps with the 1st team. And Banner has yet to see game action in which I feel the knee is still bothering him, reports saying he will be cleared on Sept 13th. That's concerning.

Who didn't hold their breath when Najee leaped and fell hard out of bounds?

9. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I've seen a few people say now that Ben will play game three. Has that been confirmed anywhere? I'm trying to think back, and I can't remember. Did Ben play at all last preseason?
    I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't play at all in the preseason. The team knows what they have with Ben. I'd rather see Haskins with the 1's against the other 1's to see how he does.

10. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
    Tomlin said Ben plays next week and there was no preseason last year

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I haven't heard any confirmation of Ben playing but at minimum he should be in there for at least 2 series. I'd actually have him in there the entire 1st quarter and possibly into the 2nd quarter if they have a drive going. He needs to get some in game action before heading off to Buffalo.

12. SteelHack

Oct 21, 2011
  13. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Watkins from Jax?

Taking you meant Eagles

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Dude is so fast, he changed teams.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  15. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    "Efficient" doesn't have to be a positive indication of play. It's like being asked if a girl is pretty and you respond, "she's okay." You don't really want take her out, but you don't want to hurt her feelings. And you don't want to completely burn that bridge in case no one better comes along. That's Mason Rudolph. You don't want him replacing Ben, because he's milk toast. But he's not the worst you've seen and pickings are slim. He's "efficient." Haskins is the sexy girl who you're afraid might be batshlt crazy. You're going to give her a shot even though you're pretty sure she's going to snap at some point and stalk you. But until that happens, she'll be a lot of fun.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Great way of putting it, but I think Mason is a little bit better than "she's ok" .... of course as my friends growing up have always said ....You have a strange taste in Women. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Be careful. You are making multiple references to females without offering reparations for suffrage. "You know who" will be replying soon that you're mysogenistic.

• Like Like x 2
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah. I don’t care. LoL. If he hasn't learned that biology makes us different yet(still equal , but different)...well he never will.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Since there was no preseason last year Ben did not play. I do believe through the on line training they all were getting refreshed on beating off defenders.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Somewhat unrelated but your post reminded me of Ian Holloway’s attempt to frame his teams win a few years back:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Those penalties hurt when Mason was in the game, that led to stalled drives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Checking down beneath the sticks on 3rd down killed the drives. Paint By Numbers Mason needs to make plays when everything isn't perfect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Not to be that guy but milquetoast is what you were looking for. Sorry to be the grammar nazi.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    Huh?

I had to look it up to be sure, but Merriam-Webster defines:

milk toast

Definition of milk toast
    (Entry 1 of 2)

: hot usually buttered toast served in hot milk and sweetened with sugar or seasoned with salt and pepper
    milk-toast

adjective

Definition of milk-toast (Entry 2 of 2)

: lacking in boldness or vigor : MILD, INOFFENSIVE
    //milk-toast policy of dealing with criminals

Best I can do is accept omission of a dash. But no apologies are necessary. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  25. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    And Tomlin needs to win in the playoffs. But neither are going to happen. Here's some rose colored glasses and a doobie. Walk a crooked mile in the other side's shoes for a while. When you sober up, take off the glasses and rejoin reality. You'll go back to pointing out the obvious and pissing people off, but at least you can say you were an apologist for a day. But forgive me if I don't join you. I'd rather not spout nonsense about how regular season wins are the benchmark and that not scoring, aka "efficiency," makes you a capable QB2. ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1