1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What Could Have Been in 2019

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jay31, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is exactly what this thread needs, more of you crying about how unfair it is that you were proven wrong.

2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I hear ya. Hard to swallow losing the potential of an entire season to gain a better one, but if we can parlay last season and everything that transpired into a championship, most definitely worth it. And as long as we can hang on to the best Watt brother and find a viable replacement for Ben in the next year or so, this team is set up to be good for a while. If 2019 was the catalyst, yeehaw.

3. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    His injury had nothing to do with Davis being "placed" on IR. But Davis' injury happened as a specific, isolated instance that occurred as a result of every previous play. Ben checks out of the last pass that really hurt him, and maybe he plays out the game. The defense has a different number of snaps, and Davis likely is not injured on that play. Chaos theory/butterfly effect. Call it what you want, but it exists. Ben's injury set a series of events in motion that brought Minkah to the team. Without his injury, things are vastly different.

And regarding me adding more to my initial point in subsequent posts is laughable, even for you.

EVERYONE, YOU HAVE BEEN PUT ON NOTICE...FORMERSCRIBE SAYS YOU ARE TO ONLY POST ONCE PER THREAD OR YOUR ARGUMENTS ARE INVALID.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Now you have moved on from ad hominem attacks to a straw man. That isn't what I wrote at all. I am just pointing out that you are shifting your argument because your initial point failed.

That's quite a reach there, that Davis wouldn't have been injured if Roethlisberger was still playing. Once again, you are stacking your speculation against my evidence.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Chaos theory begs to differ.

6. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Just going out on a limb here, but I don't think he knows what any of those logical fallacies mean.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He can look them up. I'm hoping to spark a little intellectual curiosity on his part. It is one of the better arrows in my educational quiver.

8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sadly, I think there will be a thread, "what could have been in 2020."

:crycry:

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Had I seen this earlier, Glory Days would have been banned before today.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sleeping on your job.;) Just goofing with you.

11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ve been moonlighting as a mod on the Eagles board, and it’s hard to keep up.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    First time looking in this thread and yup, had it coming.