1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What About Todd Haley as a new OC ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jim90, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    from wiki..

As a youth, Haley was a ball boy for the Steelers and attended Steelers training camps with his father.[2] Alongside his father, Haley would watch the Steelers' game and practice film.[2][3] While his family was located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for his father's profession,

sounds like a good fit

2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Not sure about Hailey. He had one big year in Arizona. Then got the head coaching job in Kansas and didn't do much. Then Crennel took over then the Cheifs looked really good. Hard to say, some coaches are better coordinators than head coaches, that's for sure.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    He does love to pound the football

4. black&gold1969

black&gold1969 Active Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing. Has to be better than BA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

5. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    As of right now we already have an OC.

7. 4EvrH8O'donnel

4EvrH8O'donnel Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011

JUST NOT A VERY GOOD ONE.

8. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed.

9. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    the biggest problem with todd haley is that he's an a-hole. players don't like him, management doesn't like him . . . we don't need some young, cocky, arrogant, SOB screaming at our receivers and quarterbacks (see: haley vs boldin in az, haley vs cassel in kc). he's just not much of a leader.

10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would Love Haley, Hue and a few others from outside the oraganization.....I would be happy with anyome besides BA........As far as Fitch goes I
    have seen him try and scold Ben and then BA walks in.....Nothing crazy ,but on 3 or 4 occassions I have seen Fitch approach Ben and then Ba walks into the mix.....BA has protected Ben from being Coached ,,,he has held him back from being Coached......I think Fitch or whoever the OC is besides BA is a good thing.......

Heck I only have a HS resume ,but I can do better.........I will send it in and attach my screen name.....Maybe Rooney will give me a look???The way he talks and the way I feel seem to match up.....LOL....

BA is a joke with the skill level that we have...He plays the game in his mind he doesn't actually think and study what the opponent does do and what they might do.....Anyone can design a play,the hard part is knowing when and how to call such a play......After you master that you master how to set up a play and when to use it......The next step is to keep the OP Defense off balance and to have great calls in the Redzone.....You can't do the last step until you complete the 1st. ones.....BA is stuck in stage 1........We need to make a change we should have made before he even got here.......

11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't want him anywhere near here, he's cookoo. The latest is he is accusing the Cheifs of tapping his phone and bugging his home. :goofy:

12. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will take a nut job over a Idiot anyday........

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Super, put him in charge of your team, he's not coming here.

14. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Super, put him in charge of your team, he's not coming here.[/quote:gb85ac9n]

He might...........And I don't have a Idiot as a OC so no need to upgrade with a nut......If I had BA then yes I would bring him in a minute.....Heck if I had BA I would bring you in and that's without knowing if you understand Football or not.....I would ratherhave a Noob and give him the Coaching for Dummies book instead of BA.....

I mean come on anyone can just let there QB run around and make plays.....I am sure you could do better and that's on the 4 real......

15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Ravens get trounced on Sunday they might consider firing Cam Cameron, I would take him in a heartbeat. He can call a good game. He was the OC when Phillip Rivers had that huge year in 2004.

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    He might...........And I don't have a Idiot as a OC so no need to upgrade with a nut......If I had BA then yes I would bring him in a minute.....Heck if I had BA I would bring you in and that's without knowing if you understand Football or not.....I would ratherhave a Noob and give him the Coaching for Dummies book instead of BA.....

I mean come on anyone can just let there QB run around and make plays.....I am sure you could do better and that's on the 4 real......[/quote:278uojhd]

Ok, I'll come be the OC then if it means keeping Haley out ;)

17. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    :roflmao: That is too funny! But, with Haley's "feisty" temperament, I could see he and Ben getting into a fist fight the first day of training camp. Then we'd have to bring BA back to calm Ben down, so forget it.

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I would love for Haley to come here. His past is all about the passing game, but he also understands the importance of a good running game and has no problem pounding the ball.

He's also fiery and would not put up with Ben's crap. If Ben didn't like it, he could feel free to leave once his contract is up. Good riddance, I'm sick of Ben and his attitude. He has butted heads with every coach we've had except for BA and Tomlin, and that's because they don't seem to coach him at all.

19. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    The problem is there scared of Ben They let him do anything he wants and say nothing to him. he wouldent like a coach that got in his ass a little when he makes dumb choices like throwing in triple coverage like ben tends to do.

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Haley wouldn't be afraid to put Ben in his place.

21. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    you are right but rooney has spoken and he is the man who sign the Checks . will be interesting ,but we have to right the ship

22. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hell, even Brady got his butt chewed on the sidelines this year when he made some bad plays. If he is not above it, neither should our QB be. Ben for sure could use some constructive coaching.

23. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
  24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would love to have Haley as the OC and I actually suggested it on another post. The offense needs some discipline and I think he'd be the guy make sure they played in a more disciplined manner. I'd love to see our OC get in Ben's face after another red zone meltdown the way O'Brien got in Brady's face in New England. It didn't matter that Brady is arguably the best QB (or at least top 3) of all time. He threw a STUPID red zone interception. I actually loved the fact that their OC was ready punch pretty boy Brady in the face. Ben THINKS he rules the offense and all BA did was enable him to think that way. If Haley could come in and take charge of that offense, and he seems like the type to do it, I say bring him in. Maybe he can take the SANDLOT KING and make a more well-rounded QB out of him!!

25. TheWanderer

TheWanderer Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    what people fail to recognize about haley is that he doesn't have the respect of his players (or management). you can get in your player's faces if you have their respect. if you don't, your team won't play hard for you. scott paoli wanted him gone. he saw, quickly, that he had made a tragic mistake with haley and wanted to get rid of him asap.

and did.

look at shanahan in washington. shanahan is not a player's coach. he rode elway's arm to success but every qb that played with him afterwards hated him. i've heard straight from a couple of former denver qb's mouths that they couldn't stand shanahan.

haley seems to have the same sort of appeal.