1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What about Tannehill?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by PSYCHOSTEELER, Mar 15, 2012.

1. PSYCHOSTEELER

PSYCHOSTEELER Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    I just saying if he's available do we tak'em and groom him.

2. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
  3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Don't think that theres much of a chance of him being there at 24. Don't think that taking someone who could possibly be a starting qb makes sense in the first round. If he does develope, remember that Ben will only be 33 when Tannehills first contract expires. Prime age for a qb. Then we lose him in free agency, and nothing for a first rounder.

4. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hell no Tannehill is overrated throws too many ints in crunch time. The Steelers needs are o-line, nt, and ilb.

6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I think I'm the only one in the world that believes he will be "that guy" that drops like a friggen rock. I personally don't see him going until early in the 2nd round.

So when he's sitting there... yes we PASS on him and select best player available for our needs, no QB's in round 1.

7. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I'll put $100 on Tannehill not getting out of the top 12. And it has nothing to do with Tannehill's skill set. I put him in the same category as Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, and Christian Ponder... who were all over-drafted b/c they play QB...

His ceiling is #4 to the Browns.

8. IggySteel

IggySteel Active Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No Way! QB is not a need (not that the Steelers draft that way anyway) and he will certainly not be BPA on the Steelers draft board even if he makes it to 24.

9. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Word is Browns have interest at 4....and that several teams are going to try to trade to 3 and take him.....NFL net basically had Luck,RG3,and Tann as the first three picks

HACK

10. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I understand the hype and need for some teams, but he's not a day 1 starter. And even though Gabbert and Ponder played, I wouldn't go calling their seasons a huge success.

I see him slipping past Cleveland, Miami, Seattle in the first round, there are other talented players at positions of need for all those teams. I just see that these bad teams are going to be bad again, so they can try again next year for their franchise QB, Tannehill does not look like a franchise QB to me. Sorry.

Of course just because I think he'll slip, doesn't mean one of those teams doesn't make that stupid move (see Josh McDaniels / Tebow shocker).

11. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    He could slip, very possible is the Stains don't bite.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have far to many needs at this point to pick a player that won't play RIGHT AWAY.
    Are first three DRAFT PICKS NEED TO PLAY FROM DAY 1.