1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What about Kaepernick for backup QB?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Emperor Lebaeu, Jul 10, 2017.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well 35 aint young. That's for sure. Unless it's the new 25???

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Ah ha! So that's the real reason you don't want Kappy - he has bigger hair than you. :hmm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't know, i'm almost both those ages.:facepalm::cool:

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Oh heck I've got you beat plus I'll raise you BB's #. School was so much easier when I was a kid cause history wasn't a subject yet. We didn't even have tablets - we chiseled our notes on walls inside of caves. The Cubs hadn't even started their century of bad luck.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    When I was a kid watching the Bears play the Vikings, they were real bears and real Vikings.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    nobody forced you to sign on that dotted line either. did you not agree to all of that before hand lizard?:shrug: also thank you for your service.:applaud: :cool:

7. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Absolutely not!!!!!

He was raised Christian but turned away from that and embraces NOI---- Louis Farrakan's Nation of Islam--- which is a racist org... A perverted form of Islam.

That causes me pause and wonder. The straw that broke the camels back is Kneeling..... Members of my family has served in Every War for this Country. I Love this country, recognize its faults, failures and successes and while I celebrate his "right" to kneel and protest I maintain my right to not support him.

I informed the steelers my disappointment in them signing Vick, I will go even further if they sign Kappy!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Why is there always an accusatory tone with that first sentence.

I'd know for damn sure most kids that join have no idea what the full implications of signing that line is. That's why many get out after the first enlistment. (It's also why we get knuckleheads that need more training...) Being subject to the UCMJ as well as any local law is a ***** sometimes. Kids don't know that they can be taken to non-judicial punishment when they first join either. It usually takes seeing someone else go for it to sink in.

Think about this.
    1. You had to clean the copier at you employment and didn't use the "approved" company procedure.
    2. someone found you doing it without said procedure in your hand and it being signed by your supervisor.
    3. you get sent to a hearing with your company president because of it and lose half your pay for 2 months and restricted to your building.
    4. there is no recourse for this and it stays on your performance appraisals regardless if the machine works better or lasts longer.

I'm pointing out that when people use that as an example of what employers can do, that they are usually wrong with the analogy.

They always say "Look what they can be accountable for in the military!" without the understanding that it's a totally different animal when you sign on the line and I did it multiple times knowing what it could cost me not only for "stupid" infractions, but for a mistake in the field or at sea.

The thanks goes you guys for supporting us.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Geez.

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

why wouldn't you do it as you were trained? thats why they train you. lets say a guy is trained to hook up a load on a crane and he takes it on his own to do it in a way he knows its wrong and someone else gets hurt when it fails. the company gets fined, sued and loses one of its biggest contracts over it. whos at fault? what should the company do to that employee? this guy signed a contract stating he would follow company procedures and was trained in those procedures. whos to blame? doesn't he deserve what he gets for doing it his way instead?

i'm not accusing you of anything my friend just saying you better know what you are signing into and taking responsibilities in your actions. :smiley1::cool:

11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't want kapernick because he disrespected the Flag on National TV. No other reason. I love that Flag and fought for it for 30 years. Then the dumb ass said fidel castro was a great man

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i for one am glad you were there sarge and lizard and all the other service members. you guys and gals are the greatest. :applaud:

a very cool story from thurs. i was so proud of my youngest son who turns 21 in a couple of weeks. he goes to school. he's going to become a teacher. his choice to do that right out of HS. he works part time at subway. an old guy 80 years old came in and they got to talking. the guy said he was a marine for 30 or 35 years. came out a gunnery sgt. he said back then he made about 17, 000 dollars. much different than now days he said. he ask my son if they honor vet discounts. my son said yes. he then said, i'll give you my employee discount too for my lunch instead of me taking it that day. then he said i'll do you one better, i'll buy the rest of it for you and he did. the old man said, you don't have to do that. my son said it's the least i could do for your service to this country. i'm a proud papa. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    [
    And I'm pointing out that it's a totally different situation.

You don't sign into a job in the civilian sector that basically puts you under a full set of regulations that you can be held criminally liable for.

Here's another one for you. True story from Norfolk, VA.

Kid goes out and has a few drinks.

Picks up some people needing a ride back to base.

Swerves and crashes killing one and putting another into a coma. Says he doesn't remember why he swerved, but that they were yelling and he was trying to get them to settle down. (I'm paraphrasing here)

Goes to trial and gets acquitted based on video evidence from a public bus that showed he inexplicably swerved for no apparent reason and some evidence shows he may have been hit in the head.

After acquittal he's turned back over to the military, brought up on UCMJ charges and is serving time in Federal prison.

All I'm saying is that using the military as an example in what is legal for employers to do is not a good example.

The UCMJ has enough things in it that you can be punished for almost anything under the sun if someone wants to.

No other place can you be imprisoned by your employer for things done outside your workplace.

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    ben was suspended for no charges at all. brady was suspended for some guy deflating footballs. :cool:

15. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Awesome story Mac!!! My oldest son turns 21 August 1.... My youngest is in the Navy, on an aircraft carrier ...

Cajun

16. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Thank you Sir for your sacrifice and service!!!

Besides, we don't need Kap.... We got Landry!!!!

Cajun

17. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    ?????

18. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    You deserve to be proud of your son Mac. Shake his hand and tell him it is from a 30 Year Marine Sergeant Major friend of yours.

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Haha cajun yeah we got ole LOLandry

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm not saying I want him in Pittsburgh either.

He just doesn't fit same as when some folks wanted Tebow. Just not what these receivers and the O-line need to worry about.

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Just saying the dude has Christian tattoos all over himself and has been outspoken about his faith. There's no evidence he converted other than a disproven gossip site.

I'm no fan of him or the 49ers. But I understood the point of his actions, just as I understood the words and actions of MLK Jr. (No, I'm not saying they're historically equal men.)

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    will do sarge. thank you. :smiley1::cool:

23. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well in that case let's sign your son instead and never think about the poser hack from San Fran ever again! Problem solved! There's not a genuine bone in kap's body but your son sounds like an actual American to me. I'd be proud to have him on board and he couldn't be any worse than Landry could he? LOL!

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Geezburger geezburger geezburger :herewego:

• Like Like x 1
  25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he probably wouldn't play that spot bft. LOL he was a LT in school. 6-2 325 and strong. both my boys are around that size. biggest legs i have ever seen. solid as rocks. they look like actual tree stump legs top and bottom. tops ain't tiny either. one played LT and DT, one played LG and DT and C in school. ya shoulda hadda feed em. :smiley1::cool: