1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT A JOKE

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by TOMSTEEL88, Feb 3, 2019.

1. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I don't know about everyone else but I think you underestimate the disillusionment many of us have with the NFL. I'll pay attention to what is going on, but I'm not giving up my Sundays if I have something else to do to watch a fixed league.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So what you’re saying is you might not watch? Way to make a stand bro.
    The NFL is not fixed. It’s a tough game to officiate. Plus the refs are very inconsistent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I didn't saw I wouldn't watch. I'll still watch, but, for me, Sunday isn't a drop-everything-its-football day for me anymore.

This is from 2013 and it is a long read, but it's hard to just completely dismiss. It is an argument from a Broncos fan about why he thinks the NFL is fixed and we've been the beneficiary of it too. Maybe it's just conspiracy theory nonsense but when I found out that the NFL can legally fix games...I don't know anymore. Former players like Joe Thomas think this is happening too.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sh...he-NFL-an-Entertainment-Business-like-the-WWE

4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Games have been thrown due to calls made on the field. Ask Orleans. And the Chiefs. Now old Goodell and the owners are not only embracing gambling, they are in bed with Vegas in where they always took a hard line stand against ANY forms of gambling distancing the NFL from this.

Tough game to officiate? They are now full time. There are cameras, Riveron ect.

Inconsistent. This should not be happening. They also are untouchable. If a call turns the game they get a total pass.

Things better change as far as adding more plays to be challenged. Games have been altered by the officials. Its the only way to try and throw a game.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Come on.

6. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018

The lowest ratings and worst possible match up for the NFL is anything Patriots and the crappy rams. NO vs KC would of been 10x more viewership, if the league was fixed they would want NO vs KC.

Nobody likes the Pats, not even the league. The fact that they are boring & smug as f makes their viewership numbers suck. Vegas lost money because the Pats won, explain that.

Refs just suck, it's plain and simple. You want to see pass interference watch everytime that big idiot Gronk runs a route, they hold him. He rarely gets a call. It's the playoffs they call less penalties.

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    :lolol:

• Like Like x 1