1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We're going to be on hard knocks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by shaner82, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Has any team that has been on it done well that season? I've never watched it so can't even tell you what teams have participated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    It has been on since 2001. I remember the first season with the Ravens it was the year after they won the SB. Most teams on the show did not have a good season. Some teams have been on twice like the Cowgirls. While it would be cool to follow the Steelers that way I would think it's a huge distraction. I enjoyed the season with the Browns, watching the players getting cut and then praying another team would pick them up. One guy said something to the effect if the Browns don't want me who the hell would.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The criteria for being on the show is such that the teams that are on are typically bubble teams that have a lot if excitement about potential like the Browns or a good team looking to rebound like the Bucs a few years ago. While the distraction the film crew bring doesn't help they also aren't the reason most teams on Hard Knocks struggle as the season gets into full swing. The Raiders had problems way before the production crew showed up and chose to spotlight AB and after it all I think Gruden did a good job getting his team to play the way they did.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ouch :lolol:

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I was really excited to watch the Raiders because of AB hoping it would be funny but it was a small part of the show:(

6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think it's strange that some of the responses on here want the team to act in ways that they never do just to avoid a TV show crew prying back the curtain for a month.

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I read somewhere that the team chosen has final say on what content is or isn't released to HBO.
    I don't think the Steelers can afford the distraction Hard Knocks would bring.
    Tomlin would love it.

[​IMG]

8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I hear the Steelers just got contacted by Rosenhaus inquiring about AB coming back just for training camp and preseason. Don't know what that's all about.

And strangely, Adisa Bakari just contacted the Steelers and said LBell is interested in rejoining the team and actually participating througout training camp and preseason.

Truly strange, no?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Where in the world you hear that

10. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I think those people are afraid to see what is behind that curtain, that it might not be what they expect. Ignorance is bliss.

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    It's a hard-knock life for us
    It's a hard-knock life for us

'Stead of firings
    We get tricked

'Stead of playoffs
    We get kicked

It's the hard-knock life

• Like Like x 2
  12. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That could be true. I was reading one of the weekly Q&A sessions Tomlin does with Labriola during this season and it was eye opening. I've always subscribed to this belief that while Tomlin is very knowledgeable about football one of his shortcomings was on the offensive side of the ball. After reading that article I saw that really isn't the csse. He knows a ton about the offensive side which made me reconsider why then is there such a problem crafting a team consistent power house. I think it goes back to his philosophy on every season and every team is unique so there isn't a building on the foundation of the previous year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats because he froze his feet off.

14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    On a complete side note, I’ve sometimes wondered if a team representative screens HK episodes before they’re put out, just to check nothing confidential is being broadcast.

Like if the camera catches a play design on a screen by accident, or in the background of a scene there’s audio about call signs... stuff like that. Or even how an episode covers a player’s misdemeanour, which might reflect badly on the team. Does anyone know what rights the team has in those cases?

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...that-coaches-approve-all-hard-knocks-content/
    Hue Jackson confirms that coaches approve all Hard Knocks content

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    I would be interested to see what is written on the white board by Tomlin or a play drawn from Fichtner's "offensive" playbook. Or hear the coaches talk about whether JuJu is a #1 receiver.

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Again?! .... I thought this whole season were episodes of hard knocks?!:shrug:

18. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I would love it, bring it on!

19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    HBO should follow AB around, much better ratings imo.

20. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So the USS Steelers/Titanic is in jeopardy of backing up and hitting the iceburg again? That would be pitiful. Flipping burgers is the only future for AB and LB soon.

21. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Generally only the weaker teams qualify, so it would stand to reason that most wouldn't do very good

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    At least it HK isn't like being on Madden. How'd that work out for AB?

But yeah, I don't watch HK. Glad I never had to. But being in the running for it is just another slap in the face.

On the other hand, maybe it would be nice to see Tomlin not be able to hide behind the franchise. As HC of the Steelers, he has gotten his brand elevated to that of the organization. He gets media attention, but not the scrutiny that goes with a second tier team HC. The Steelers have been heralded for many years as a pillar of the league and the organization lauded for doing things the right way. Tomlin, by virtue of his position, is part of that, even though he sucks.

So, maybe it would do some good to have the veiled curtain lifted and possibly expose him for the fraud he really is.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Get your Popcorn ready...

Popcorn.jpg

24. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They could start right now following Ben and his super weight loss program :lolol:

25. Dustin

Dustin Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2016
    I am pretty sure the Ronney's will say no. They will prolly have to pay some kind of fine to the league, but I am guessing that number would have to be pretty high for Mr. Rooney not to just pay, and not deal with the BS.