1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We're going to be alright

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Sep 24, 2017.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Pregame nonsense aside we played like crap today. Shouldn't really be a surprise as this seems to happen alot early in the season over the last few years.
    I still believe we are a SB contender.
    We'll get things together soon and get on a roll. I just hope it starts next week against the Rats.

• Like x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    If BB plays like garbage next week...it's benching time. Furthermore, It's time to cut ties at seasons end with him.

They won't be ok. Sure they'll win this garbage division. They aren't beating NE or Oakland.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    oh please...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought Denver was a super bowl contender last week, and then they lost to the Bills this week. So, I guess you have a point.

• Like Like x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I agree, it’s not like we are surprised. All teams are beatable really. Just get hot and healthy in the end. Maybe Ben stops playing like garbage or maybe Landry turns into 1998 Brett favre(lol) either way we are a 10-11 win team that should have a shot just like everyone else

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Yup it’s September and most “elite” teams look like butt right now. It’s a long season fellas

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We'll find out. That's why you play the games.
    They're not benching BB. You know that's not happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Man I would think not but after today who the he$& knows what they will do.

9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Glen you are probably right, but my eyes are telling me the offense isn't as good as it was last year, without Bryant. And I do not know what to make of the defense. Davis and Tuitt must be pretty valuable pieces to the defense. The talent is on the roster, but I am not sure the mental will to do whatever it takes to win is there.

• Like Like x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I agree with you but it's just very frustrating to lose this way.

Every season we lose to teams we should beat and its coaches and player alike that that are to blame.

If we can't beat a terrible Ravens team though, then it's already over and time to tune into the Pens more.

• Like Like x 1
  11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah crazy today!!! Raiders getting spanked by Redskins:zwin:

12. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    These putrid loses are why we end up playing on wild card weekend instead of having a bye and why we're on the road after that. These games matter and this team is too damn dumb to show up for them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    So far ten teams have scored more than 30 points this week and another eight have scored at least 24 points. Where is the Steelers offense? You would think with the same quarterback, running back, and top wide receiver playing together (and the same coaching staff in place) for a number of years, the Steelers would be a well-oiled machine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    While it’s true, NFL is all turning into “win if you can, style points after”.
    So many calls and flops shifting the tides in every game not just ours. Just need to find ways to win. We won’t score 30 points and won’t always give up 100+ yards on rushing. Week to week everything changes. Just need to adapt to opponents, but that my friend won’t change lol

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Oakland they're getting worked by the Redskins, their defense is worse than the Steelers.

16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Parity in the NFL

Bears almost beat a 3-0 falcons team.
    Vikings team spanked a bucs team who spanked the bears last week, yet we spanked the Vikings and bears beat us.

Dallas got spanked by the broncos who then lost to the bills.

Packers and pats almost lost to crap teams and their d look like trash.

Raisins got murdered.

Hawks 1-2

We ain’t going 16-0 probably ever, our identity is losing to bad road teams but so be it. Still a 10-11 win ball club and last time I checked all these road warriors haven’t gone to the playoffs 3 years in a row, improved a round each year, and lost to the eventual SB champs 2/3 times those years.

How come all these other teams, minus the pats that beat bad road teams not doing crap?

We need to accept who we are and just deal with it. It is what it is, we have 2 Achilles

1. Pats
    2. Bad teams on the road

We still are mainly successful so I’ll just accept it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    At least some of the other AFC contenders lost also today:
    Denver
    Baltimore
    Oakland currently losing

• Like Like x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Raiders down 24-7 4th Q.

Parity my friend, embrace it

19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Those afc west juggarnuats came back down to earth today. Home field advantage is no joke in the NFL.

20. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Raiders died lol 90 total yards so far?

21. Mr F

Mr F Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2016
    Yeah, and we all know which team is going to have it.

22. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Why is BB given a free pass? Dude is a problem.

23. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    My concern is with how this team has performed thus far. They struggled against the Browns and were fortunate to get the Vikings without Sam Bradford. The offense is scary on paper but in real-time play, not so much. Remember all the talking heads telling us Bell will be fine and he didn't need training camp? Well, the proof is in the performance and he isn't performing! I know it's not the popular opinion but I'd like to see Conner get some significant playing time and Watson too. All I know is we keep hearing, they'll be alright. They'll be better next game. Well, we'll see when they go into Baltimore, needless to say, my expectations aren't too high.

24. RPO IZSB

RPO IZSB Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2015
    No free pass
    But even thinking about benching is just plain dumb

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I agree that we'll be OK. Before the season I had penciled in this game as loss #1 in a 12-4 season. When the schedule was released, this game stood out to me as "that" game. I couldn't bring myself to make that prediction in the prediction thread, but I probably should have stuck with my initial gut instinct.

The league is wild this year, and for those whose faith is prone to slipping at the first sign that we're not invincible... well... saddle up because it's going to be a rocky ride for pretty much every contender IMO.

Put another way - every team out there has glaring weaknesses.

• Agree Agree x 1