1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welp, it's happened...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TenaciousD, Sep 19, 2018.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    When our offensive line used to suck and Ben would run for his life and make plays I used to facetiously claim that the offensive line was our secret weapon against good pass rushes. Since it sucked regardless of the quality of the opposing pass rush it essentially neutralized great pass rushes. I think a similar claim can be made about the defense. Any team can seemingly put up 40+ on them so good offenses have no advantage over bad ones.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We have them right where we want them. I hope.

3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    So, 40 points a game from here on out? Well, in a way, it makes sense. The defense can't stop anyone, but as long as the offense keeps scoring it's okay. Had they just not had those two 3 and outs to start the game last week we might be singing a different tune.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Plus the next drive that stalled into a missed FG. Then the next drive should have been a sack fumble TD for KC, but the refs gifted a holding on the defense. That's all been overlooked because the score was close at the end.

5. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah, but Bubby <<<<<<<Ben. I'll never forget Bubby getting strip sacked by the referee!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Just a tad

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I was going to make my own thread but this seems as good a place as any. I really hope we as a fan base, The Steeler Nation, don't fall into this trap that everyone else in the country not a Steeler's fan wants us to. I love the Steelers win, lose, or (cough) draw as do a large majority of the fan base. One of the things I love most about the Steelers IS the fan base. We have some of the most passionate fans in all of the NFL. Please don't give me comparisons because I have been a fan since the mid 1970's, there really isn't a comparison. Here is my point, the rest of the football world wants so badly to push us off our Steeler pedestal that they would do anything to bring us down to their level of fandom. I include sportscasters, broadcasters, other fans, etc. when I say this. We are two games into the season with a little more drama than we as Steeler's fans are accustom to, and the rest of the football world wants to make it like the Steeler foundation is crumbling down to the ground. Yes, we have a little diversity going on, but that is what champions are made of. Be passionate, be critical, agree to disagree, whatever floats your boat as a fan, but don't fall into this "the world is ending for the Steelers" after 2 games into the season! We have been through more turbulent waters before, unfortunately a lot of you are too young to remember.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Show me 10 losses. We have played 2 games so far and lost one of them. This team hasn't lost more than 6 games in a season since 2014. Im not throwing in the towel because they lost to the Chiefs.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    For all the chit we pile on Tomlin he has only finished with more than 6 losses in a season 3 times. I would say the odds are in the Steelers favor to turn this around and make the playoffs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    Until we can get a pass rush, our defense will continue to suck!

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Or how it isn’t a proper win because the opponents left tackle had a bit of a cold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Write your reply...

It's Game #3 folks. We will find out if their is going to be a turnaround, facing another QB that has been lighting it up.

I am very concerned about the lackluster defense. Will simplifying help? Can't hurt at this point. Can't get any lower. Or can they?

And can't have Ben throwing 60 friggin times a game all because they are down 21. The offense needs to come out and establish, get off the couch from the opening snap. He almost brought them back but then a couple of stalled drives at the end was the nail. Oh and the defense.

I have another IV of optimism. Trying to be positive but I understand some who are pessimistic at this point. Sitting on the fence does hurt.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Andy Read is winning without a defense, dont know how long it's going to last but he is 2-0 so far, I have a hunch playing with a poor defense will eventually get him burned....

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    as it will us if we don't get it figured out soon.

15. rocketdog

rocketdog Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2016
    trade Big Ben and Le'von Bell plus 1st. round draft pick to KC for qb Pat Mohome.