1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Well, Ubisoft finally gave AC fans what they asked for...

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Ray D, May 15, 2024.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    More than a decade later. Frankly, I never thought they'd do it after Ghost of Tsushima knocked it out of the park. They scrapped a wild west themed game after Red Dead set the bar too high. But when I tell you I RAN to watch the trailer. LOL And the first time we'll play as an ACTUAL historical person (Yasuke)? OR is he just a non-playable "ally?" Guess we'll find out soon enough.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hell I just found out the other day ....one of My favorite Resident Evil games was remade. Now with this....I may have to get back into playing again.

• Like Like x 1
  3. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I tried one of the early releases of that game and couldn’t get into it at all

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Which one? GoT? Different strokes I guess. I admit the game is a tad tedious in the very beginning. But after that, it flies.

5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Assassins creed.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    LOL. You'd still have to be specific considering there's like 12 of them. They don't all play the same. And the very first one was going back to the very early PS3/ 360 days. Very dated now. Clunky, limiting, extremely slow paced story, etc.

Not that they're all great. There have been a few duds. But when it's good, it's great.

7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Somewhere around 2012. That’s the best I can do without digging into boxes. If it narrows it down at all it would have been on pc

8. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    That's right around the time of "Revelations" or AC 3. One set in Constantinople, the other in the American Revolution. Neither were particularly great, although the American Revolution one suffered mostly from a boring and borderline unlikeable protagonist. Even the game after that was less than stellar with the absolute WORST protagonist of the entire series (Looking at you, Arno. AKA Wish.com Ezio)

9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Pretty sure it was set in Constantinople

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I actually liked both of them

11. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I did too. But they weren't top tier for various reasons. Revelations was bogged down by a slog of a story despite having the best Assassin in the series. AC3 had a great story, but a rather dull "hero." And to be fair, Connor might have only seemed dull because the voice actor wasn't great.

And don't get me started on "Unity." Such a ripe era for a great story. Amazing environment. Plenty of historical intrigue. Even one of the coolest sequences in the series (the duel on top of Notre Dame). All to be ruined by the. worst. assassin. ever. And I'm including Shay Cormac (And Alexios if you go non-canon with Odyssey) on that list. It didn't help that the game was very buggy on release, and the multiplayer aspect they tried was a good idea, but horrible execution.

Last edited: May 15, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't actually get into them till 3....Brotherhood, and then I went back, and played the earlier ones. To be honest Black Flag may still be My favorite. LoL

13. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    That is my favorite too.

By far.

Still waiting to see if this is chutzpah or hubris by Ubisoft making a Feudal Japan game. Not only are they going to face scrutiny and comparison to Ghost of Tsushima based on setting. They're also facing direct comparison because many people (including me) consider GoT to be the best Assassin's Creed game despite it not being an Assassin's Creed game. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  14. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Cool trailer. I wish I could get into it, but I gave up on AC. I didnt care for Origins, and Vahalla was so bad I didn't even finish playing it.

I loved the early games. I am one of the few people that really enjoyed Unity. Syndicate was the last AC game I really enjoyed. To each there own.

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Resident Evil 4 Remake has a VR mode on Playstation 5. I have played it 5 times in VR since it came out in the fall, which I almost never do, and I am probably going to play it again. I love the original RE4, and I probably still prefer it to the Remake, but the RE4 Remake in VR is probably the best gaming experience I've had in my life.

16. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah. The change to a more RPG type game rubbed many (including me) the wrong way. The good news is that they patched Valhalla to enable a "classic" mode that plays a little closer to the older games. That said, Valhalla was the epitome of "too much of a good thing." Great setting and even story. But overbloated to the point where it's the only one I never bothered playing a second time.

Just recently got into playing Fallout 4. Yes, because of the show. I don't know how I ignored that series of games. It's pretty good.

• Like Like x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've played all the Fallouts up to Vegas. I Loved those game, and had all the add on later that came out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Which one is 4....I've played so many I get them confused.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Anyone ever played any of the DeadSpace games??? I Loved those back in the day.

20. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    4 is a single player game set in New England.(As opposed to 76 which is multiplayer)

It recently got a next Gen update.

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Is that the one with the lake monster???

22. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Don't they all have monsters? There are mutants / monsters that live in the water, but idk about a distinctive lake monster (unless I'm not that far in yet)

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    There is one with a "Lake Monster ". Like I've said I've played them all so much back in the day....only certain things make me remember one from the other.

• Like Like x 1
  24. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The one with Leon in the Spanish village.

• Like Like x 1