1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Well that’s nice.....if true smh

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers2018, Jan 19, 2018.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    You must be new to forums but you want to give a title that describes what the thread it actually about. Some people come here for Steelers news and will skip right over it because of that lousy title. Mods should change it if you won't.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    This crap by Bell says as much about Tomlin as it does about him. He has no control at all over the selfish players. This is a team in name only. They may wear the same uniform but they are not all working towards the same goal. Too many me players.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    So do you think Tomlin's going reel in Bell? :lolol:

The non excusive tag is the way to go as Diamond posted. If he stays for another year for the run, great. If we get two 1st rounder's, great as well. What's between the ears just isn't jiving with his talent. This is precisely what Tomlin said he isn't worried about. He believes it's more drama caused by the media. Well coach, if the ship was tight with a no nonsense policy then their wouldn't be drama. Already our season is over and the drama starts...

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    As much as I love what Bell does on the field, he isn't nearly as classy as Jerome was off of the field. To many players are more about themselves than about their team these days.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's almost hard to blame Bell (although I do). So many of these guys grow up in ghettos where there's no rules. They become stars in high school and are treated like gods. They are stars in college and again are treated like gods. There's no rules in college because the teams know the players will gladly leave for another school. Then they're drafted into the NFL, given millions of dollars and the money allows them to do pretty much whatever they want.

The only thing that will keep these guys in line is coaches. If the coaches won't crack down on it, how can we possibly expect a selfish, entitled player who has gone his whole life with no rules, to suddenly police himself?

It's obvious there is no accountability in the Steelers organization. Players are doing whatever the hell they want and Tomlin has no grasp on it at all. It's far from just Bell. It starts with Tomlin. That **** with him trying to trip Jacoby Jones said it all. If that's the crap Tomlin is willing to do, it's no wonder the players do whatever they want.

This team has a ton of problems, but talent isn't one of those problems.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    F this. Show me where this happens with a Hoodie, Parcells, Coughlin,etc. team. This is a screaming alarm that Tomlin runs a loose ship to the point of costing us games - including the last one.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Don't let the door hit you in A$$ on the way out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Not sure if anyone remembers that Fournette got benched for a game for being late to the team photo by the Jags HC.

Discipline.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Smh...why?! Why, have our players become so disconnected, undiscipline,and down right unprofessional?!

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    We dont really edit titles unless its offensive, its up to the OP.

Its got 835 views and 33 replies, I wouldnt be too worried about the topic being missed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Steelers2018

Steelers2018 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Thank you

12. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He can go at this point. Strategically speaking, anyway they can help him out of the building with a decent return is what I'd like personally. If his craps tolerated then that explains why other **** happens with others. It's called enabling 101. I appreciate what he's done but in the end, none of it mattered when it was needed most and that's just the truth in all honesty. The team can't afford his demands without suffering in other areas that need paid attention too and if they did pull the trigger, then I can only imagine the buyers remorse that would follow. Giving in to his demands and paying the man won't change his attitude or persona it will likely only further his personal promotion and that's a blueprint others will follow.

Times have changed and the old way of doing things involves a little more tippy thing around stuff than in the past, but he isn't worth the headache, the drama, the negative presence in house he will undoubtedly CONTINUE to bring.

Like I said, hope he can be someone else's new toy for a decent return but at this point all he is in my eyes is another selfish kid who can save the team ton of money by going away. Need to whittle down on the stupidity of players in the club house and Sending bell off into the sunset might send the silent message needed since Tomlin apparently isn't into tongue lashing them into place.

This team seems to be unable to cover up their issues week to week regardless of W's and L's. Ben's broadcasted it, other players have done the same. Former coaches left because of it etc... This enabling of stupidity by players and coaches needs to end.

I don't know if this organization knows how to handle it as its never really been a problem round here but it's getting worse.

Perfect opportunity for Tomlin to reassert himself... Will he?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    That's sort of what I was getting at. It's symptomatic of the system, not the players. Yeah, Bell was being a tool by not showing up. But he's not the only one with questionable attitudes, and if its commonplace (which it appears it is, according to several sources on the team) then that indicates more of a problem with coaching/management than it does anything else. That's why I say he didn't cause the loss - the culture that has been allowed to germinate between games is what caused the loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Mike Tomlin allows it and they know that they can get away with this crap.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Anyone else and they would have been fired by now. There’s a total lack of control and discipline with this team. They are becoming a joke. The Rooneys should be embarrassed at the state of the franchise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Right on Dobbler. I can't believe the Steelers/ Art II will put up with this BS.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not that I have anything against him but I would have preferred them get the long term deal hammered out before this past season, ran the wheels off him in route to the playoffs and then traded him to the Browns for the top pick and drafted Barkley.

• Like Like x 2
  18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    When was the last time a team traded the 1.1 for a RB?

19. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    You mean a RB/WR? LOL

20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    His teams have two Super Bowl appearances, including one championship.They have never had a losing season. They are in contention most seasons and went 13-3 with an AFC North Championship this season. He's not going anywhere.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. mgsmooth

mgsmooth Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2016
    Lipstick on a pig.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2017
    Both of you guys are dead nuts accurate. Mob mentality sinks to the lowest common denominator. Also, the moral relativism is on full display. Mitchell can run his mouth but at least he’s not Facebook Live, AB can FB Live but at least he shows up on time, Le’Veon can show up late, but at least he had the sense to pass a piss test and avoid a year long suspension, and of course no one can stay off social media. I’m happy this stuff is coming out so that Tomlin is finally getting criticized and talk of his firing is part of the public conversation.

23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I agree he's not going anywhere and that to me that is semi-disappointing considering the back scenes garbage he allows and puts up with. What really upsets me is the fact that nobody is held accountable. Not one single coached was terminated due to poor performance and we can expect the same results so long as there are long leashes for both players and coaches. I'm almost accepting the fact that it's good that we aren't playing NE Sunday for the AFCCG cause all week long would be filled with drama and immaturity on the Steelers behalf only to go up with and get whipped once again just like so often has happened in the past. Sure I'd be optimistic about our chances right now but the end result would probably be another stressful joke that would again get my blood boiling more than it should. I believe the fix is in for the Cheaters again but the Jaguars will focus on the task at hand more than the Steelers could right now. I know this got off topic so I will try and return there to finish out. If Bell didn't even show up for the walk thru the day before the playoffs against Jax then he'd probably be up in Boston clubbing half the night before the AFCCG. Truly a me first player and that is reflective on the entire organization in 2018.

Get it together Steelers or you're going to lose a lot of die hard fans!

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't think it's happened but tell me if you were the GM of the Browns and your division rival comes to you with an offer of the best back in football for the top pick you'd be crazy not to listen. As far as Barkley goes I think he is that special of a player to be as good or better than Bell with a higher character and can take it to the house on any given play.

25. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Yea, but we're talking the Clowns with the Number 1 and Number 4 pick. You'd be better talking to the teams with the Number 2 and 3 picks. Plus no way you trade Bell within the division. Out of conference would be ideal.