1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Well, I'll be... (old board)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Ray D, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Looks like someone must have looked at that board today.

All our threads about this board, and even the one about the petition are GONE. :roflmao:

So they'll delete threads, but not do anything to make it work? :shrug:

(oops... I've been a bad boy over there lately. :blink: )

2. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Well, I'll be. They must have finally figured out how many times you need to hit tab to delete a thread. :lolol:
    At least that thread where Beastly had the web address wrong in the title got deleted. ;-)

3. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    The petition one's gone? The original thread about this place is still there lol. :lolol: Page 4.

4. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah, they missed that one, and another thread where I gave the link to this site.

So they came in today to clean up, but weren't thorough. Why am I not surprised? :roflmao:

(patiently awaiting my ban... :shrug: Hopefully, they let it slide. I still have a few fond memories of the place. )

ETA: 4th page? You kept the default settings and only show 10 per page? :p It's still on my first.

5. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Then I say bring on my ban. That would make ot easier for me to leave it.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    You talk as though all the features of that board worked. :lolol: I never could get preferences to work there.

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :roflmao:

I thought I couldn't post for weeks before I figured out the tab thing. The good news is, they must have seen this place by now out of sheer curiosity if nothing else. I wonder if they joined...

I bet it's Ray D and Knox!! Twisted sickos...

8. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    They actually fixed the "submit" button too, apparently while they were deleting threads.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    LOL, I could totally see that.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Just messin' with the slow kids...

11. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    :p

Nope. Wasn't either of us.

Someone over there said they e-mailed them requesting the buttons be fixed and our threads deleted.

Really? REALLY? People have been trying to join that board for over 2 years. Some people haven't been able to post in years. The board is left in an unusable condition for months on end. People have sent e-mails complaining many, many times. But they just happened to read THAT one single e-mail. :doh:

12. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Wonder who he sent the email to? God? Because there isn't anyone manning the helm over there from the Steelers. When you click on the "contact us" link, you go to a page that was last updated in like 2004. I think they even had a yahoo email address for awhile. They said you couldn't sign up with a free email account like a yahoo or gmail, but that's what they were using - hypocritical??? um, just a tad. I still assert that there is some admin out there - probably from some rinky-dink company who bought the server from the defunct company that sold it to the Steelers in the first place, who doesn't have anything to do with the Steelers organization and is just playing a game with everyone over there. I'm sure they are getting a good laugh watching this social experiment play out. We are all ants in someone's on-line ant farm.

13. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    This is what I've thought for awhile. Ever since it was removed from the Steelers' website I've been convinced the Steelers organization is no longer involved. I always assumed it was some kind of former employee. Maybe some guy that they hired part time to run the website.

I don't think it's some random person, because they clearly have an agenda: keep it up and running (when they get around to it -- they just don't check for weeks at a time), protect the board by not allowing smack talk about it (again, when they get around to it), protect themselves (the only time I was ever banned was when I implied they were moronic cowards), and to some extent protect the Steelers (they deleted any thread about Ben R. back before last season, whether it was negative, positive, or intellectually sound). I believe that took place after they were separate from the Steelers website.

If it really is someone that's still connected to the Steelers, that's just pathetic.

14. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I've noticed this board doesn't jump recent posts up to the front. Took me a while to realize there was activity. But I can't complain. It took me over two years to get an account on the old site, then because of whatever reason I've only been able to make 18 posts. Still can't post. After just two weeks or so, I have almost that amount here. Now, I've been busy in life and haven't had the time I would like to have, so that just goes to show how nice it is to have a message board that actually works!

Go Steelers!

15. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Might want to check your user settings. I always see most recent threads at the top.

You'll also notice that a thread that has had response since last you read it, the icon will be red. ;) Plus, you can always open a thread, and click on "first unread post" at the upper right to hop straight to the ones you haven't read yet.

I prefer my post order to be oldest to newest. If you want newest first, that can be changed in your user CP.

16. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Save yourself a click and just click the little pink rectangle by the thread title on the main page. Just figured that out yesterday.

17. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That was, and is, incredibly childish. Deleting threads to another Steeler fan board.

Geez, if anyone thinks the old board is worth it, you gotta wonder. That is something I would expect from a kid, not a professional organization. They should be glad that there are other areas available where Steeler fans can meet.

There are no ads here, no one asking for money or selling anything, just words....just words...

Yikes, this behavior is scary, at least to me.

rutan

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I was about to post that as well...going over to see if they fixed the smileys too!

19. SteelersGirl25

SteelersGirl25 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Yippee- so they finally fixed the submit button and *maybe* smileys while playing big brother with their mass deletions. :roll: I couldn't tell ya since I have NEVER been able to register or post there. Not once. And it's the same for a dozen others here at least. I'm not going to bother trying there again. I think they have had plenty of time to make things right for everybody who considered that board 'home'- yet those who could participate lacked basic functionality and countless others couldn't even join in for years. No thanks- I won't be subscribing to the whole battered spouse and making excuses for the abuser syndrome or giving loyalty when it hasn't been earned. ;) Puttin' down roots and getting comfy here myself. :swordsman:

Besides- the smileys here are just fun... :cool:

20. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep, better than theirs, which still don't work with anything but Explorer.

I'll likely keep posting there. But this is my new #1 board. :yeehaw: :herewego: :towel: :herewego: :yeehaw: :herewego: :towel:

21. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes the "Submit" button has mysteriously appeared again and minimum censorship is taking place over there. I'll know they're serious when they RE-link the board to the Steelers main site. Until then they're just toying with us. :hehehe:

22. jhmiller3

jhmiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Mimimum is right. Someone dropped an f-bomb in one of their posts and it is still there. I tried to quote it to comment on the mods and filters, but the quote got flagged with the dreaded <bad word>.

Like it has been for years, very inconsistant.

23. beastlyqb7

beastlyqb7 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Lol yeah sorry about that :(

24. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Aww, it's all good. I was just razzing ya. :thumbsup:

25. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    F.... that board this is the place to be!!!!