1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We'll Have To Punch The Patriots in Their Mouths...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerEmpire, Jan 16, 2017.

1. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Even tho the defense had a good performance, the "beat down" we put on Miami was not duplicated in Kansas and it kept their 'spirits high' in the game.

We'll have to take it to the Patriots and play as PHYSICAL AS POSSIBLE... smash mouth ! Those "made of glass crybabies" have always been intimidated by hard hitters and don't play those teams well.

It would also help if the offense scored more touchdowns than field goals.

Our sides microphones and communications not working, deflated footballs... it's all comin' at us

Just my opinion

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I so want to see deebo drive Brady to the ground next week.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I totally agree that we need to show up and play physical. That's the one thing that can get to those receivers. Hit them early. Hit them often. Hit them hard. It seems like they're constantly just running free.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. The Texans did a bit of that on Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    In the regular season game, Brady didn't really kill us. Gronk catch was the final dagger, but it was Blount who really hurt us. He was averaging 5 yards a clip. Maybe that was Coach Butz plan, not sure?

We need to shutdown both their RB's though.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Start with Belicheat!

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Harrison flat out said tonight that their plan was to come in and stop the run. Next week that will be a riskier proposition because of the qb situation. I say let Bud run right at Brady and Shazier kill those crossing receivers. I don't know man. They're tough to gameplan for no doubt but I just have this feeling that Tomlin really wants to win this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Have we ever figured out how to defend the dink and dunk? Cover a a good TE?

9. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I still don't understand why some team, especially one that was gonna get blown out by the cheatriots, hasn't thrown everyone at Marsha Brady, with the intention of making him pay. If he's gonna throw a TD on you anyway, make him feel it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    on one play, then see Bud slam him the next, and finally Timmons right up the middle. All on their first offensive series!

• Like Like x 2
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No, what I'd like to see is Brady driving himself into the ground the minute he sees 92 rounding the corner. And then Brady drawing a flag for overacting and delay of game. :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    1. Belichick will not let Bell beat them. He will key on him. But the Steelers should not abandon the run game. (see #4)
    2. Haley better come up with the game plan of his life. Where the hell is the play action? Perhaps it's an ace in the hole for the offense, because the Steelers haven't shown it much at all.
    3. Jesse James will have to come up big.
    4. The offense has to have long, clock-eating TD drives.
    5. The Steelers have an advantage: the Pats team they see on Sunday is not as good as the one they lost to earlier in the season; the reverse is not true for the Pats. Not sure this means anything, but...

13. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The prior few games Timmons played his best with many plays in the backfield. Seems like that wasn't the game plan yesterday. Hope the get back to him hitting people

14. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Keep Tom Brady off the field. Make the most of your chances. There is one way to beat them play perfect. Anything less, and your going home.

15. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Also can't be afraid to hit Brady in the mouth. It seem like against the Chiefs, Dupree let up some when going after Smith, I'm wondering if the fine he got for hitting Moore had something to do with that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Pats fans don't think we are good at all lol. Ben bad on the road, defense overrated blah blah

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    NE is tough to game plan for. They have the power game in Blount and the speed game in White/Lewis. They have Edelman who is a nightmare to cover as well. You just have to play disciplined defence and not get caught cheating. We have more talent than they do on an individual basis. So if we play disciplined defence, our guys can beat their guys 1 on 1.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Don't forget hulk hogan

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Better yet I want to see Dupree blast Brady.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    They have the arsenal to keep defenses honest and on their heels. We won't see the gifts Houston got on Sunday.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Lay the wood!!!!:club:

22. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Blast the evil emperor and his Death Star to pieces!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    They need to play the receivers tight. Not let Brady throw it right away. Give the pressure time to get there and hit him. If they lay back, Brady will never get hit.

24. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Would be interesting to see if they try to jam up the receivers a bit more on the line.... they did it a little with the TE last night but i think that was it.

25. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    And Dupree, and Shazier, and...

• Agree Agree x 1