1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome To The Steelers Terrell Edmunds

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 26, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Those are actually bad stats between two dbs... a lot of Dbs have stats like that by themselves in ONE YEAR with the exception of tackles.

2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Heath Miller was from UVA.

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    My memory is not so good today, but mike vick was a one pick and he was from va tech, I can remember that.....;)

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    A lot? In they're first two years? Show me.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Eh, we will see.
    Not thrilled. Hope he works out.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    For whatever its worth, Chris Simms of Bleacherreport stated his comparison for Terrell Edmunds was Sean Taylor.

Not saying he is going to be like Sean but I concur with Simms based on what I have seen. Edmunds' movements are a near identical match to how Taylor moved when looking back at those old University of Miami tapes. Both were very athletic but coming out of college, Edmunds was the far more explosive player. Taylor ran a 4.5 40, jumped 39 inches on the vertical and posted a 121 inch broad jump. Here are Edmunds;

[​IMG]

Here is another feather to Terrell's cap as well:

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Really? Lol Marshawn lattimore as a rookie last yr had 18 pass deflections and 5 picks.

Tredevious white had 18 pds with 4 picks.

Jalen ramsey had 4 picks and 17 pds.

Those are just corners and I can go get more for you and I didnt even get to safeties.

Landon collins SECOND YEAR 100 tks, 5 picks, 4 SACKS, and a fumble.

Kevin byard last yr 8 picks and 16 pds with 62 tackles.

Honey badger 2nd yr 5 picks, 80 tackles, and 19 pds with a sack.

I can go on and on with rookie and 2nd years guys with much better stats

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Edmunds is gonna be fine...I actually put more emphasis on the coaches being able to put that athleticism to the best possible use. They haven't done a great job in developing our secondary but I wanna see what Bradley can do....

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I like the pick. People crying reach have no clue as they are true believers in all of these draft 'experts' and mock drafters hiding in their basements. :)

This guy was the Steelers answer on pass sub packages to help against the pass and run. A spread league utilizing tight ends for mismatches. This is a good thing.

The Steelers tried to trade up for Evans, and quite frankly I'm glad they were unsuccessful. They got some great players deep in the draft also with starter potential in time.

As for additional help in run support and added depth at ILB, I say bring back Lawrence Timmons.

Things have gone quiet in this realm, and if they could bring him back at a reduced price and a supportive role than in my opinion it'd be dumb to not do it.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Players like Terrell Edmunds are the reason this cliche still rings true:

"That is what you pay coaches for."

I believe in Bradley more than most. He has had a rock solid collegiate record. While the NCAA FBS/FCS and NFL are two different entities, the core principles of playing defensive back remain the same;

- Tackling

- Technique

- Discipline

If you do not coach and reiterate these messages, chances are the players will not compete to their fullest.

11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Agree and it frustrates me that our HC didn't realize it sooner. I don't believe Lake was doing any of those things and he wasn't a X and O guy like Bradley supposedly is. Honestly I think Tomlin thought Lake was just good enough and that he himself would help out our secondary....judging by the lack of improvement and player development I'd say it was a failure that took way too long to admit. Our coaches hold the key to our success these next few years. I think their own accountability and holding all the players accountable will determine our success.....

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    That's 3 safeties and 3 corners. Hardly a lot.

Collins had 2 picks ,1FF, 6 PD,0 sacks he did have 99 tackles last year.
    Davis had 3 picks, 1FF, 8 PD, 1sack and 90 tackles.
    Mathieu had 2 picks, 1 FF, 7 PD, 1 sack and 74 tackles last year.
    Bayrd had 8 picks, 0 FF, 16 PD, 0 sacks and 87 tackles from the FS position. He should have more picks and PDs than a SS.

As you can see Davis is right there with those guys so don't make it out as they are so much better. I get it you don't like him but don't make him out as a bad player. Don't say there are a lot better because it's not true. PFF has him as the 28th best defender last year. He's better than most are giving him credit for, especially a guy that shouldn't have been playing SS. Now show me a duo on the same team with two years. :cool:

Last edited: May 3, 2018
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Tomlin especially. How I see it, this might be it for him.

Tomlin really has had more leeway for me than the other coaches; position coaches included. His ability to persevere through adversity is one of his many admirable traits. While he does not adhere to the principles and fundementals of the NFL like Bill Belichick does, he does obtain every single ounce of capability from the players under him.

However, that being said, him dropping games that his teams have the better talent but underestimate has worn me thin. Should we not reach the big dance by season's end, I will also be one of the people who believe it is time for a coaching change as marking ten years since the last time one has made it to the big dance is not a very ringing endorsement of confidence.

Within the same vein, I also believe one of the most undervalued promotions on the team in John Mitchell will see to Tomlin not allowing his emotions run over him so often. Add in these coaches who can handle the "X's and O's" and all signs point toward Tomlin having a "do or die" approach to the season from my perspective.

14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Make up your mind. You said FIRST TWO YEARS. Not last yr so dont try to change the narrative now. I can show you way more from Sherman, chris Harris, Xavier Rhodes.. virtually every player that's pro been pro bowl or all pro. Off has him ranked there but another list has him ranked as one of the worst starting SS in the nfl. Plus like I said dont change the narrative dont one minute say analysts and aficionados dont know anything in another thread but then quote pro football focus....

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Edmunds will win the naysayers over with his versatility, he could play some FS,SS and dime LB.

16. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Jeremy Fowler
    @JFowlerESPN

Some might have been surprised to see Terrell Edmunds go in first round but NFL teams were not. Spoke with several execs/coaches this week and all said he's a first-round talent. One likened him to a skinnier Keanu Neal. Another said he was a top-15 player in the draft.

9:23 AM - May 1, 2018

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    People do realize that the intangibles within a player is a massive reason they go towards that team's first pick right?

Granted, finding those intangibles are virtually impossible as they are, well, intangible. Obtaining the answers within the questions a team seeks through the prospects via Pro Day Dinners or Pre Draft Visits is the best available method.

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Analysing something that hasn't happened yet and using facts of something that has happened are two quite different things. Analysts are giving an opinion, these stats speak for themselves. They are not manipulated by hate for said player. Burns had 13 PD last year, not too far off your quoted players stats. Be real and admit that our two players are not as bad as you make them out to be.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Pds and picks. And analysts dont just use stats to judge players. They mainly go by film and the eye test. And they are trash. I can name several players for both id rather have. They are at the bottom half of the league at their positions.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    If you ran the team that would mean something. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This will get dismissed quickly by naysayers and squeaky toys.

• Like Like x 2
  22. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Doesn't responding to every post that you don't like with a "squeaky toy" remark kind of make you a "squeaky toy"?

• Like Like x 1
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As I have been stating for years the game is changing just like the HS game did . Teams need more Rover types on Defenses. The game for the O is to use packages to force certain Defensive packages to create mismatches . Defenders who can play multiple spots against multiple packages gives the DC more freedom to call different Defenses with the same player on the field.

I am not sure if this kid can fit that mold or not? But if he can he will be more than worthy of his draft position. I like the fact we are looking forward and trying to have the ability to be more flexible on D .

24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Apparently.

25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    No thank you. I'd rather play and not run the team.