1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Kevin Dotson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 25, 2020.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Based on position flexibility, athletic ability, game tape or that you feel Biadasz is just the better prospect?

2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why are you assuming that Feiler is going to Guard next year?

“I was told I would have an opportunity to compete for the starting left guard job,” Wisniewski said Friday on a conference call with reporters. “I’ve been a starter most of my career. That’s my goal — to win that job. If it doesn’t work out, I’ve been a backup guard/center, too. I can do that job as well.

“Certainly, my goal is to be the starter at left guard.”

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I am primarily thinking of being the better prospect and position flexibility. I am a little concerned about comments about Dotson's relative lack of athleticism. I do wonder if not getting to meet with the guy in person made the injury concerns with Biadasz a larger issue for the Steelers.

4. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    After going through the thread and hearing from board members who break down tape it seems like he is really good 1 on 1 and moving that man back. It kinda seems like they might be doing less zone blocking and more of the just maul the guy in front of you. That would be one of the reason to draft him over Biadasz. I felt that some of the struggles in the running game last year was guys would leave the dbl team early to reach the second level when the other half of the double team hadn't secured the block. Then the defenders slips past and plugs the hole

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That was a problem last year, but so was Foster's inability to move quickly enough when he was pulling. Starting a guard who doesn't move well really limits your options in a blocking scheme. Hopefully, Dotson can at least move enough to be an improvement over what they had in Foster last year at some point.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well Art II said he wanted the running game to improve, they drafted a road grader in Dotson, and signed Derek Watt in free agency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I heard a radio interview with one of Dotson’s college coaches today. Not sure which one. And naturally he would say nice things about one of his players. But he was well beyond that pointing out some very positive reasons why this young man has the potential to be a very good player. We will see, but it was a good thing to listen to.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Dotson is a lifelong Steelers fan too.:thumbs_up: