1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 9 Predictions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BossAus, Oct 31, 2011.

1. BossAus

BossAus New Member

Oct 25, 2011
    know it's a little early (as the Chargers and Chiefs haven't even played yet), but I really didn't want to study for my exams, so I decided to make my picks for week 9.
    I will be adding predictions every week as well as my mock drafts and other NFL and Steelers info.
    NFL Predictions: Week 9
    Cumulative record: (9-3-?)

Seattle Seahawks at Dallas Cowboys- Winner: Cowboys

Not much to say on this one. Seattle’s defensive line has been stout, but until they can find a capable quarterback, it is hard to pick them to win games.

Miami Dolphins at Kansas City Chiefs- Winner: Chiefs

This game will likely be close, but with the Chiefs at home and with their improved play (pending the game against San Diego tonight), I’ll take the Chiefs in this one.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New Orleans Saints- Winner: Saints

The Saints got soundly beat by what I believed was the worst team in the NFL by what should have been 17 points if not for the touchdown by Brees in garbage time. I don’t think they will come out that flat against the Bucs in the Superdome and Brees will have a big day passing.

San Francisco 49ers at Washington Redskins- Winner: 49ers

The Redskins continue to look hapless after their 3-1 start to the season, putting up a goose egg against the Bills in week 8. The 49ers continue their surprising success and should take this one easily.

Cleveland Browns at Houston Texans- Winner: Texans

After a promising start to the season, the Browns have fallen back to reality. An excellent offensive line and secondary, plus young stars emerging like Sheard, Taylor, Haden, and TJ Ward gives Cleveland promise for the future. But this year is another rebuilding year. The Texans have looked good as of late, and will continue rolling.

New York Jets at Buffalo Bills- Winner: Bills

With the Patriots loss, the Bills have moved a half a game ahead of the Patriots in the race for the AFC East title. They held the Redskins to zero points last week, and should be able to contain a Jets offense that has struggled finding its identity. They looked strong in the second half against the Chargers, but until they can prove to put a whole game together, they will be questioned. Meanwhile, the Bills offense is clicking, with Fred Jackson putting together and MVP calibur year.

Atlanta Falcons at Indianapolis Colts- Winner: Falcons

The Colts looked better last week, which does not take much seeing as they lost by 55 points the week before. The entire team seems to be playing unmotivated football. The defense has not stepped up in Peyton’s absence, which they need to do if they want to win even one game. The Falcons have improved since their shaky start to the season, and the Falcons receivers will be a nightmare for the weak Colts secondary. With Roddy White and Julio Jones running on the turf that favors speedsters in Lucas Oil Stadium, they will have a chance at a big game.

Denver Broncos at Oakland Raiders- Winner: Raiders

After an emotional comeback victory against the Dolphins a week before, the Broncos were routed by the Lions at home. Tebow did not perform well, but the loss does not fall entirely on him. Calvin Johnson had his way with the secondary, and the Lions moved the ball at will. After a three pick game for Carson Palmer, coming off the bye week and further understanding the playbook, I expect the Raiders to handle business at home.

Cincinnati Bengals at Tennessee Titans- Winner: Titans

The Bengals have been the most surprising team in the league. The defense has been outstanding and Andy Dalton has played extraordinarily well for a rookie. This game will likely be a close one, but I believe after factoring in the Titans playing at home and Matt Hasselbeck’s veteran experience, the Titans will pull out a victory.

Green Bay Packers at San Diego Chargers- Winner: Packers

Phillip Rivers has had a subpar year (by his standards), and the defense is not performing on the level it did a year ago, perhaps because of the loss of Ron Rivera. The Packers defense has taken a step back, but Aaron Rodgers and the Packers offense continues to easily outscore its opponents. The Chargers have a chance at an upset here if Phillip Rivers returns to form and limits his turnovers, but I expect the Packers to emerge victorious.

St. Louis Rams at Arizona Cardinals- Winner: Cardinals

What happened against the Saints last week is hard to explain. Maybe they were inspired by their baseball counterparts. After looking absolutely futile in the first third of the season, the Rams dominated on both sides of the ball against what was thought to be one of the top teams in the NFL. Meanwhile, the Cardinals jumped out to a huge lead against the Ravens only to blow it. Despite these facts, I believe Ken Whisenhunt will lay into his team about blowing a game that would have been a great win to build upon, and they will not lose at home against the currently high-spirited Rams.

New York Giants at New England Patriots- Winner: Patriots

True statement: Tom Brady doesn’t lose at home. After being held to only 198 passing yards against the Steelers, Brady will find a way to win against the Giants. Bellichick will ensure that. While Eli Manning has been playing great football, the Patriots will outscore the Giants in what will be a high scoring game.

Baltimore Ravens at Pittsburgh Steelers- Winner: Steelers

Old, slow, and over? Not if the Steelers have anything to say about it, Mr. Sapp. The offense looked sharp and on point and the defense looked quick and got in Brady’s face. The Steelers also haven’t forgotten about the embarrassing loss the Ravens handed them in week one. While the Ravens have struggled for the most part over the last two weeks, this will still be a tough game. During the offseason, the Ravens trained and worked specifically to beat the Steelers. This was evident when after demolishing the Steelers in week 1, they lost to the hands of the Titans the next week. If the Steelers can limit the turnovers that plagued them in the first game, and continue running the offensive scheme used against the Patriots, Big Ben and the Steelers should emerge victorious at home.

Chicago Bears at Philadelphia Eagles- Winner: Eagles

The Eagles looked like most of us expected them to at the beginning of the season when they played the Cowboys last week. The defense stepped up, and Vick looked sharp. The Bears rely too heavily on one player (Matt Forte) for their success, and I believe the Eagles can limit his success and win their second straight home game.