1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 1: Steelers @ Broncos Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mthomas184, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    On the losing player. Cut these china dolls and get some guys who don't break when you look at them, ain't doing you no good on the injur report

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    overall i didnt realistically expect to win this game going in,and for the most part the O was OK they(ben) missed alot of plays,you would expect the O to struggle a little bit its still new and they were playing in a tough environment.The thing that is really upsetting and disturbing is that the D was given every opportunity to play a good game they were barely on the field and they were atrocious ,no pressure ,no creativity just pain vanilla D made with sour sour milk .. The jet game will be alot harder than we had thought it would be.we need to wake the ****-up. Good Nite All.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Interesting stat: The winners of the last 7 Superbowls are all 0-1 after week 1 FWIW.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Alright, I'm out of here, jerk off posts are starting to fly in. Keep in mind we came out like **** last season too, that turned out alright (talking regular season).

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I tried. Swallow away, but at least wash it down with a Guinness. :lolol:

6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
  7. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That's crazy haha, definitely makes it easier to swallow tonight.

8. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's supposed to make anyone feel better??? This was almost 2.0

9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just gotta sweep the Division opponents and everything will be ok

10. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I've got a better idea.

Why not just forfeit everytime we have to play Denver? Would save huge money on gas, travel, and we wouldn't get any injuries.

We cannot win in Denver, period. Why even play the game when you are going to play like this?

One thing is for sure, Haley is not the sharpest tool in the shed and make Bruce look like a razor blade. His play calling is about as pathetic as it gets.

Then, let's not talk at all about the Defense. We simply have no players. None. Timmons is a waste of uniform. Woodley was no where to be found. And our secondary is non existant as usual.

But as usual, the local talk shows and the papers will focus on Ryan Clark and Harrison not playing instead of looking at the real issues.

That god they had a decent preseason because the real season is gonna be over real quick.

rutan

11. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    We were 1 play away from getting the W guyz.

With everyone out, I think we played pretty well. I was surprised how good Ben looked considering the line, Zero Run game, and Harrison and Clark being out.

The D was against one of the best ever.

I more concerned with our run game. There is none w/o RM, which is exactly what I've been worried about going into this game.

12. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Did they all look like a bunch of limp **** cowards on D?

13. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The offense didn't possess the ball because of a running game. They were in no huddle and PASSING with Ben milking the clock down to zero on every snap. It was very Arians like

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    OK Took a deep breath. i will be cheering for my Steelers next week too

15. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Yes. Yes they did.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow! I'm glad I was on the road on vacation after our first game last year! :roflmao:

17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think we ran out of gas everywhere....My biggest concern is the OL ,these guys are going to have to play better....Our D did OK ,but Manning took over the game ,I think we really need to consider a switch to a 4 or 5 man front....With the way the Jets played today we better get a lot better and fast of course they don't have Manning....LOL...

18. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Regardless, Arians didn't do that last year. The offense definitely needs work in the redzone, but they gave the d the fighting chance that they never did last year.

19. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't care who the QB was, there was no pressure on him.

Bronco receivers were wide open.

You knew for a year that you would be back at Denver, if Troy can't play without Clark- fix it.

20. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not talking about poor ply. I could almost live with that. I'm talking about playing like they're scared of their own shadow. Allowing the other team to play pitch and catch all day without so much as even TRYING to rush the QB or contest a pass.

LeBeau has been a God to me. But it's clear the game passed him by. Hell, he's not even running his own defense anymore. He's running pansy ball.

21. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I could have sworn I saw tyrone carter out there tonight. Seriously, can a lousy #23 on the guys jersey make him look completely lost...happy feet and all?

22. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You do no Ben has two superbowls and Manning one!!!
    Manning is great in regular season, but teams get him in the playoffs.

All of Mannings stuff is not always the best.

The big play change in the game only had 2 holds right in front of the officials. Not why we lost, but that is how close game was.

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Last year I checked into my condo in Branson MO. Third Bn Fourth Marines from Vietnam reunion. The rats had just scored their 2 nd td when I got my puter working. We'll be ok

24. Greg the man Lloyd

Greg the man Lloyd Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    At least Carter could tackle. lewis is scared to tackle.

25. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I'm not talking about poor ply. I could almost live with that. I'm talking about playing like they're scared of their own shadow. Allowing the other team to play pitch and catch all day without so much as even TRYING to rush the QB or contest a pass.

LeBeau has been a God to me. But it's clear the game passed him by. Hell, he's not even running his own defense anymore. He's running pansy ball.[/quote:3ifyf4w8]
    Sorry, I was joking. I have little idea as to how those defenses played. Not well enough I'd wager. To be serious though, I disagree. The game hasn't passed him by. He's still a defensive mastermind. It was a tough game in a pumped up, high altitude stadium. We had players not executing and out of position on defense. I think it's a little harsh to lay the blame on Dick LeBeau.