1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 1 Steelers at Patriots

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelcitian, Sep 3, 2019.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I figured it was another Steelers fan with a Patriots obsession.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Used the collective and possessive pronouns in the responses to much to be an obsessed Steelers fan. We're naught but simple pirates here and Yinzers to boot.

3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    What's a pronoun?

4. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    01766250.jpg

5. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    In todays practice they actually were rotating hilton and Kelly in and out.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am perhaps one of the few fans that think we can beat the Pats and it does not even have to be a perfect game. If the Dline can apply the pressure that I think they can we can keep Brady rattled. He does not need a lot of time to dink and dunk. Play man and no freakin zone and match up with the right personnel and we win. Play zone and be prepared to die..

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That is what I took away from Kelly's interview that "Mike" was getting the majority of reps with the first team at FS.

Is Hilton going to be Week 1's starting FS?

Last year; I could never figure out why Hilton didn't get s shot at the starting CB position with how bad everyone else was playing when Burns imploded.

8. HOT MODELS

HOT MODELS Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2019
    OK WE'LL GO THRU THE ABC'S

SONY MICHEL & WATCH OUT FOR PATS RUN GAME

Some basics:
    Tom 4 or 5 games a year sucks, sometimes the team pulls him out. In a SB, Tom generally has to warm up.
    Tom generally sucks the first game, 4th, and around 12, to 14th.

Josh McDaniels, makes some nice calls and then is a dumb ass and the world is seeing what he doesn't. Example. Much of the Pariots problems against Atlanta is Tom starting slow and dumb ass McDaniels keeps throwing deep balls versus runs, Or running up the middle 2 or 3 downs on 6 consecutive series. Pats need 2 yards and McDaniels the dumb ass, has Brady throwing deep balls when he can't even throw a decent 7 yd pass. AFTER halftime, but not before, I figure Billy B tells McDaniels to smarten up and change the game plan for Brady is playing like ****. But get Tommy warmed up and he's light's out.

Brady deep in his own zone is great for tip balls or a pass into the defenses linebackers hands. OR Tommy is off, his receiver or running back goes for the ball and tips the ball into a linebackers hands.

So as mentioned by your fellow fan, Pats if smart and have a rush coming thru their new offensive line, Tom best start passing to the running backs for a 2 second toss, or hand it off. We all know Tom will do a receiver swing around for they have been doing that play for years nearly twice every game including the playoffs.

However, as good as Sony is, Harris may be better or as good and a better receiver so I'm hoping Harris gets a good amount of carries too.

I've been a member of several Steeler Boards since Ben was drafted. Like Ben but not the Steelers, Yet during Bradshaw days I was a Steelers fan for no-one was a Boston Patriots fan. I also did a lot of traveling thru Penns , Gettysburg many times and would chat with many Steeler fans in an eatery in ben's early days and back with Cordell Stewart days.

I probably watch more Steeler and Greenbay games than Steeler and Greenbay fans. Rogers so overrated tho, can run and throw Hail Marys but it is what it is. Love Ben. Ben plays football and he sure must be happy that at least AB is the F out. And AB just can't shut up in Raider land.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  9. HOT MODELS

Sep 4, 2019
    My feelings is Brady doesn't need to be rattled this time a year. He is good only 1 of 4 games. My concern is the offensive line, McDaniels being a dumb ass when Brady is having a bad game and keep throwing deep balls when Tom can hardly even hand a ball off. Then Goskowski has sucked since he started missing his kicks in every Superbowl Good enough to keep but not much more. For Steelers to win a turnover and two missed kicks can do it. Pats played like crap first game after last banner and it was because Brady suc-s for no reason some games but with the O line, Steelers have a potential opportunity to rattle Tommy into many bad plays. Personally if Pats don't turn it over and at least one missed kick i like their chances for The secondary has been great all pre season and MOST seasons the Pats defense is the worst in the league for the first 5 or 6 games. Pats finally have a defense that makes good tackles. That didn't happen last Steelers game, but a few were out. I'll be there and it will be lots of fun. Not much more fun than Steelers except smoking' the colts or Raven's.

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Go back to Boston cheater

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Thomas with hamstring trouble. Lacrosse the te is injured too both may play.:cool:

12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    yeah, I'm gonna have to call bull**** on that one...

13. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    No kidding. Steelers fans don’t miss Steelers games. And we also tend to rewatch.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Here is me at a Buffalo Wild Wings surrounded by 50 tvs showing every football game on Sunday and one in front of me showing the Steelers.

1cl6jw.jpg

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. HOT MODELS

Sep 4, 2019
    yeah, you're right there. Steeler fans have been passionate for decades. I don't re watch but have seen most Steeler games and preseason games since 72.
    Been pretty consistent. Cordell period was lacking a QB but bet the overall record is right up there

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not so, I have liked our chances from the get go. Ravens and Giants know how to beat Pats
    Be more physical, attack all the time. Get ready for the dink and dunk and be able to tackle.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    We have an area of the forum where fans of other teams are allowed to post called “football talk with other fans.” If you want to discuss this game with Steelers fans, you can start or join a thread there. This section of the forum is reserved for Steelers fans only. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I feel like we’re going to win this one. We’ve played far from perfect the past two meetings and have a win, and a win that the refs took away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A win that the rules took away.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    While that is accurate, it's really a win that Al Riveron took away. He's the one who made the call to overturn it even though there was not indisputable visual evidence that it was an incomplete pass. Riveron clearly forgot that part of the rule in 2017 and it led to multiple overturned calls that shouldn't have happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I would assume based on what I have heard that Kelly would be starting and Mike would sub on different packages. I agree that Burns should not have even been on the field.

22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    This team with many new parts in different places on both sides of the ball is going to be hard for hoodie to get a game plan for. :cool:

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    On offense his plan will be what he always does which is take away what he believes are your best two offensive weapons and make you beat them with the rest. First they will double JuJu. Second will be??? TE? RB?

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Exactly. Many question marks for hoodie in this one.:cool:

25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    QB first, no?