1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 1 in the NFL

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steel machine, Sep 13, 2020.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, watching the Bucs, it was apparent that that team will need to play the same as NE to be successful with Brady; stingy defense, efficient running game. I still wouldn't label Brady a game manager a la Trent Dilfer, but he's getting close and that isn't going to improve.

2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Watching the highlights, all I can say is, at least the crying Bengals lady, didn’t have to drive home disappointed. She’s just disappointed at home.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

True.

Given what I have seen from Philly, this is Dallas' Division to lose. Hopefully Washington can win one of those two. A good aspect is that the Washington Team does not play Dallas until Week 7. Hopefully Dwayne Haksins is more settled in by then.

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Inspite of Tomlin we will go 12-4 this season, keep your 9-7 preditctions to your selfs.... :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Biggest takeaways from today's action:

- Jacksonville is not tanking it seems. Gardner Minshew and Laviska Shenualt Jr. looks to be a good connection. Assuming Josh Allen and K'Lavon can get up to speed, the AFC South just might not be boring after all. Add the fact that C.J. Henderson made some big plays and Jacksonville might be more competitive than some have given them credit for.

- Phillip Rivers has clearly regressed. Just does not have the same arm talent but that was evident after the game against Pittsburgh when it really reared its ugly head. Should this continue, Jacob Eason might have to start sooner rather than later; not good at all for his development.

- Adam Gase needs fired..... like, a long time ago. The New York Jets seem like they are the ones that are tanking. Whatever defense they had is now gone with Jamal Adams (more on him in a bit) and the Offense is.... ugh. Sam Darnold will never be a good Quarterback so long as he remains a Jet. That said, should a team trade for him?!?!? Depends on how well he does I suppose.

- People might use the lack of Training Camp to cover for Tom Brady. I will not be one of those people. As I stated many times during the 2019 Season, Tom Brady is finished. If the Bucs do make the big dance, thank his supporting cast and not him.

- Browns are so talented yet so inept it is comical at this point. Regardless if you are playing the Ravens or Chiefs, you have to put up a fight. Show some resilience and perseverance. No one for the Browns did that. Should they lose to Cincy on Thursday, book this team as a disappointment for the 2020.

- Mitchell Trubrisky actually played a good game for once! A complete one. Here is hoping he can stack more performances like this.

- Seattle is now primed for a Super Bowl Run again in my opinion. Much like Pittsburgh, seems an all world Safety is just what the team needed. Jamal Adams has already made a difference and made his presence felt. As I stated before, this team is a Super Bowl contender.

- Lamar Jackson picks up where he left off. Not sure if he gets MVP again. However, today's performance was a good first step to do so.

- Way too early to write him off but Joe Burrow played... well, like a rookie. Again, a College QB who has played only one season is going to look very average; conference being irrelevant. Joe should count his stars Derwin James was not available as that would have been a disaster.

- The Washington Football Team is a near Carbon Copy of the 2019 San Francisco 49ers. First round talent all over that Defensive Line. That said, they do not have the horses on Offense. Should Dwayne Haskins improve just enough though, book this team as a surprise Playoff Contender.

- Bill O'Brien.... wow. Make one team a Playoff Contender in Arizona and make the other team an average one. Issue is the team you made average is your own. Even worse, that player is someone your young QB needs.

6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Believe me, I hope you're 100% correct.

• Like Like x 1
  7. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Anyone else notice NBC cameras are zooming in on the names/ slogans on the back of the player helmets more than the other netwrks did today ?
    .......Ididnt even notice them till this game

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Same as last year...:lolol:

9. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I don't know why but I watched the last 10 minutes of the Bungles loss to the Bolts on a Randy Bullock shank.:thumbs up:

What I found most amazing though is how much noise those cardboard fans could make.:eek:

10. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ugly game from both teams. Neither could put it away from a terrible effort from the other team. We was blessed with the shank, put an end to south parkish attempt to let the other team win. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Funny, Just ask any Steeler's Fan if Josh Mcdaniels knows how to design a game plan around a running QB; He made Tim Tebow a playoff winning QB!

Are the Patriots better without Tom Brady this year?

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    The way Marsha played last year? Definitely yes they are better.

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dallas didn’t look impressive.
    Same as last year.
    I’ll give McCarthy a slight break.

14. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Nope Dallas, you tie the game there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. BussyMcBusface

BussyMcBusface Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2019
    So... I see the Cowboys are still the Cowboys.

• Like Like x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Meh

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    ....... :facepalm:

Oh... Dallas...... some things never change.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Perfect description of M. McCarthy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Looks like the Browns are in on the Trevor sweepstakes.

20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well they are a games back with 15 to go:)

21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    If Washington can keep up that defense they have a shot. Eagles won’t go anywhere with wentz. Dude is hurt every year and overrated big time

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I wish he had 0 rings :(

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That is who I want. Looks like the Ravens and Bengals are going to be set at QB for awhile. We may be looking up at them for years to come. Was really impressed with Burrows yesterday. He led what should have been a game winning drive like a seasoned vet.

24. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Unfortunately this is true

25. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Ravens are still the Ravens. We're going to have our hands fill when we play them. I expect them to win the division
    The Bungles are still the Bungles, but they finally have a QB. He looked good. Yes, he looked like a rookie at times, but he showed plenty
    The Browns don't appear to have much of a future. Tons and tons of talent, but no results. Same as always.
    I expect us to finish 2nd in the division, but 50/50 whether we make the playoffs or not.

I think Brady will be just fine. No, he's not making the SB, Yes, he's gone down hill compared to his prime, but I think he'll be fine.
    Brady relies on timing, and it's his 1st game with TB. He also played the best team in the NFC.

As always, Belichek will make the playoffs. I don't really care who he has at QB. Cam is a meat head. Tons of raw talent, but low IQ. Belichek will protect him though and will get results.

Hopefully other players learn from Leveon. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. He was considered one of the best RB's in the NFL. Now he's a has been that no one talks about. Don't leave a good situation to chase money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1