1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Weather in Cleveland

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lostyank, Jan 1, 2012.

1. lostyank

lostyank Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2011
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...LE&textField1=41.4797&textField2=-81.6785&e=1

New Year's Day: A chance of rain showers before 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Increasing clouds, with a high near 44. Windy, with a southwest wind 20 to 23 mph increasing to between 31 and 34 mph. Winds could gust as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Might get nasty out there. Fans of the up-the-gut game might enjoy this one. I guess this may affect "weather" Ben starts/stays in the game today? It'll be interesting. HAPPY NEW YEARS! :towel:

2. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The wind is already horrible this morning. Expect a tough game on the lake weatherwise. The key will be to go up early to get the Stains wanting to pack their bags for sunnier skies.

3. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Would not put him out there in the slop when you need to have solid footing. That's just asking for trouble.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we've played in the crap weather up there before. they should be ready for it. :cool:

5. pellynch14

pellynch14 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    With that kind of wind we should be running the ball a lot but we all know that the play calling will have us throw it 45-50 times.

6. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    I agree with you here. With the kind of game it's going to end up, we can win with Batch. As much as I want Ben to have some in-game reps before the playoffs, playing him would be a bit too risky for my taste today.

That said - look for Stains Stadium to become Heinz Field NORTH today. Stains fans will be staying home in droves - and tickets are cheap. I had a guy offer to sell me 2 tickets (good seats) for $50 for BOTH of them. I'm not one to sit in the wind/rain/snow, so I turned him down, but I'm sure there was a Steelers fan who took him up on it. Look for the Terrible Towels to be waving, providing yet another day of embarassment to the pitiful Stains fans.

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    That would bother me, because when the Old Browns were there they'd sell out even if it was a 2-14 season.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that bothers me more that mdbates wouldn't sit out in the weather and watch the black and gold, because he was in bed at 10:30 last night. :) :-( :towel: :wave: :cool:

9. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    I used do do such things in my younger days - but nowadays, I prefer to sit back in my warm family room - or in a local sports bar with Steelers friends - and root from there. Besides, I like to be able to use my DVR and watch plays over and over again from the comfort of my couch. Lastly, I don't want to get any Stains cooties on me by sitting in their orange/brown seats!

10. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    [/quote:2ae173z2]

just messin with ya mdb. :) :cool:

11. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    I know, mac. :) No offense taken. I would sit in wind/rain/snow/blizzard any day in Heinz field - but I just can't do it in Stains-town. Someday - someDAY - I will get out of this God-forsaken poor excuse for a city.

12. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Its looking kinda nasty in Cincy also.
    Cincy weather

Gusty winds. Snow flurries developing this afternoon. Morning high of 53F with temps falling to near 35F. Winds WSW at 20 to 30 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i went up there one time years ago and sat in that old stadium with the snow flying and the wind whipping. i sat in the dawg pound before they even called it the dawg pound , if that tells you anything. what a bunch of idiots too. :cool: