1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Wear your Steeler gear today???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 2, 2020.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    In my community on SB Sunday everybody wears the gear of their fav team. Living in Eagle land there was a lot of them but I was proud that the Steelers were definitely second. Some Giant and Skins but not as many as Steelers.

Only 1 KC and 1 SF.

• Like Like x 2
  2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Normally, put away until next season. But, being that we have 3 going into the Hall ... I will rock my #43!

• Like Like x 2
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I occasionally wear my stuff after the season ends. I have a buddy that never wears anything but Steelers stuff. His wife hates it and told him last year to take a break and wear something else of get divorced.
    He’s still married and still wearing his Steelers gear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Has anyone ever seen somebody in a Bengals jersey? What great player would they wear? Anthony Munoz, the only Bengal in the HOF that people have heard of?

5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Wore my Steelers stuff this week in celebration of NFL!

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I've got my flag out.....

7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    After last game, washed all my steeler jerseys and shirts to get all of the loss and failure out of them for next season. They will remain there until my team takes the field again. Since I don't watch the NFL/ SB if the Steelers are not playing, as you can tell by when I wrote this, I have no real occasions to wear jerseys until our next game. I do have other items I wear to represent during the off season but not my jerseys. The NFL has lost me almost totally unless the Steelers are playing and only then will I watch an NFL game. It appears Art II is ok with people like me tuning out the NFL since he is ok with attendance being down.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I rock JuJu & Watt every week. Need to buy one for every day of the month. Encroach upon Juerry's stranglehold in merchandise sales.

9. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah right!! It's halftime dude, you definitely watching, quit being a poser.

• Like Like x 2
  10. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I have a lot of "everyday" Steeler gear so I rock it all year long. I really don't have a choice as I own a Steeler golf bag that I use every day and stickers on my golf cart. I have 2 pair of "lounge pants" that I change out of every day after work and on weekends I watch football in them. I usually rock my Juju Karma shirt when watching other games but yesterday I just had a plain Steeler shirt. It is kinda funny cause we beat the Cowpies twice in Miami so it was like a salute to them wearing my stuff.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Most of my Steeler gear is sweat weight or flannel. It tends to get put away until the start of the season just from a weather standpoint.

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steel Hog.

I am pretty much the same way once our season ends. I am with you on your quote:

"The NFL has lost me almost totally unless the Steelers are playing and only then will I watch an NFL game".

I am from the 70's era. The game today has become so commercialized it is unbearable to watch at times. That goes for Steeler games as well. Every now and then I may peak at another game if the Steelers are not on. However, that is a are event. I will put the rest of my dislikes in a bullet list to make it easier for you to read.
    • The commercials.
    • Coach challenges/reviews for every freakin' thing.
    • Players celebrating for every little thing even when they make a tackle but it was after a decent gain by the opposing team.
    • All the talk shows.
    • The broadcasters who usually have a home team bias in their voice tone.
    • The 500 variations of team apparel.
    • The fans who are down with participation trophies or it was good game after their team loses. BS Winning is all that matters IMO.
    • Fantasy football (not my thing folks). Maybe my beef is more with the TV shows being dedicated to it.
    • The lack of player loyalty, to a degree. I get making a good payday. However, look at the Brown and Bell circus shows.
    Steel Hog, I could make this list go on and on. I will not. Maybe I am a product of my generation, maybe not. Really, I do not care. I know how I like to see the game played and covered. One thing that will never change though is my passion for the Black & Gold.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    How could you forget Boomer:) I know uno Bengal fan and he wears his Boomer jersey around town.

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Is Boomer a southpaw hof'er? Idk
    Did he get in for losing a SB? :eek:

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Went to a SB party and had my Malkin jersey on and my son wore his Crosby jersey. People kept telling us it was the wrong sport. I told them there was more hitting going on in the Pens Vs. Caps game then there was in the Superbowl.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Solid list and I agree these are all part of the NFL's issues. A couple that would add are:
    Officiating: its terrible and it appears that anyone can be one and it shows. Games and seasons are now at the mercy of their incompetence.
    The NFL's ability to put anything on and know that nothing will matter to their viewership. Trash halftime shows and politically themed garbage seems to be the in thing now and instead of tailoring their product to a family type setting, its pushes the perversion envelop way beyond what it used to. Still, they do it because they won't be held accountable in any way and it make the loonies happy.
    yes there are many other issues that has driven me away from the league, but not The Team. Very happy the NHL hasn't followed the NFL into the abyss.

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steel Hog.

One more for the list; specifically the Wide Receivers today. There are so many times that a WR is looking for a PI call by gesturing the throwing of a flag to the referee. I have never seen anything like it. The WRs seem to be getting softer and softer in the game. I remember when Mel Blount used to beat the mess out of the WRs in coverage and the WRs just dealt with it. Then came the no bumping after the five-yard rule. I can deal with that.... to a degree. However, once again, it is the WRs constantly looking for the PI flag, and sometimes, I really believe that the WRs influence the refs to throw it if they display a "grand" enough of an "award winning theatrical performance". Just Disgusting I tell you.

Yes, I am glad also that the NHL has not followed the NFL's lead on this transformation into a BS show. Honestly, I am not a super big hockey fan but I am a true Penguins fan at that. I do follow my Penguins and am loyal to them. I have yet to ever go to a hockey game but I must get to Pittsburgh to watch them. I am sure it is a great show to watch. Just the marquee players that have come through Pittsburgh that I have missed out on I regret not seeing; as well as the ones that are there now. I have to get there. Maybe I will try when the playoffs roll in.

18. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I generally wear Steelers stuff all year. In the summer, I wear Steelers t-shirts. In the winter, I have hoodies and long sleeve shirts. I typically only wear my jerseys during the season, but I did wear a Ben jersey to a Super Bowl party yesterday.

19. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, again agree. But sometimes you can't blame them if they really are interred with as in the Saints game last year that destroyed their season. Again, this leads back to the incompetence of the officiating. The rule they created to correct for that no call was a band aide on a sucking chest wound and did nothing as far as i can tell. NFL had to save face somehow and that was their way out. The talent is the NFL is at an all time high and the culture and character of the players is at an all time low IMO. Hard to tell what crimes NFL players can commit and still be able to play or have their union try and bail them out. I guess that is just how they were programmed going through college and getting away with just about everything. This pertains to some of the players but not all. I just see the percentage of the poor examples growing every year.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This is something that’s come in from soccer. Shouting at the ref and telling them who to book etc has become a part of the game. Managers would encourage it. Problem was, the superstars doing it filters down to the kids, and now there are problems at grass roots level because people don’t want to be refs, given the abuse they get.

Anyways, time was you watched other sports like NFL or rugby, and players were very respectful of the refs. Now, you see appeals for flags all over the place.

Out of interest, what’s college football like for it?

21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey Thigpen82.

Yeah, my Step-Grandson plays Recreation League Basketball (9-10 year olds) this season. In two of the games, the coaches were making complete jackasses out of themselves with their verbal abuse of the referees and the players. I inquired about coaching around three years ago with one of these coaches. I think he was on some committee for the league. I can't remember exactly his position.

However, he made a statement to me that the league is about fun and they do not want coaches who go over the top with theatrical performances of screaming and yelling at the players and the referees. What a f-ing hypocrite. He had his son in tears who was on his team. The referee had to tell him to shut-up and sit down. However, get this. The ref called more fouls for the coaches' son then any other player in the game. The kid must have went to the foul line seven or eight times. You talk about caving in. The second most of any other player was maybe, maybe two times to the foul line. In the end the other team did lose. Needless to say I was happy about the outcome but in part for the wrong reasons.

The other coach did the same exact thing a few weeks later in another game. Again, the ref (the same one mind you) caved in sending the coaches' son to the foul line an excessive number of times compared to any other player. This time it made a difference in the game and unfortunately our team lost in overtime. You can directly blame it on the number of foul shots the kid made which sent the game.into overtime; which should never have happened. I will talk to our coach and see if he is going to complain to the league administration. I can deal with losing but even our kids expressed how they were "robbed" and compared it to the other game I told you about above. I am getting pissed off all over again as I am writing this to you.

On a side note, sorry if I am a bit slow on this. Your Quote: "Out of interest, what’s college football like for it"? You lost me on this. Can you elaborate for me. I would like to respond if that is what you were looking for. Take care.

22. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Steel Hog.

The one thing I like, and respect, about the Steelers' Administration is that they will not wait around for the League or the Judicial System to hand out punishment. Now, we are not perfect but I think we are the best organization for handling some of these things in-house and on top of that accept whatever punishment comes from the League or the Judicial System.

Just one Example: The year we won Super Bowl XLIII, Santonio Holmes was arrested the week before the Giants regular season game. I think for weed. Tomlin, to his credit, suspended Holmes for that game; no questions asked. I cannot remember if the League delegated any punishment of their own. Nonetheless, that is when I was a big Tomlin fan and highly respected that move on his part. We ended up losing that game which sucked. However, in the end, as you know, we won the Super Bowl. Holmes, made that unbelievable catch to bring it home. How is that for irony. Like I said we are not perfect. Remember when Silverback hit his girlfriend and the Steelers' Brass did nothing about it. Yet, once again we are way more pro-active than the other teams in the league at handling these things in house.

Other teams will say something to the effect: "Well, we will let the process play itself out". How about Patrick Chung for the Patriots and getting arrested for Cocaine way back in the Summer this past season. He played the entire year with no interruption of his services from neither the Cheats, the League or the Law. How about Kraft and his whore house incident. Have not heard anything at all about that either. Makes you go Hmmmmmmmmmm. That is more the norm for the NFL where the Steelers course of action in most of their matters is the exception. This, is in part, why I am, and will remain, a Steelers' fan for life. Integrity does mean something in sports; at least it does to me.

23. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    As in, do receivers in the college game do the same amount of appealing for flags as in the NFL? Or is it worse at pro level?

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm sure he diplomatically conceded some and she probably gets to wear her Wonder Woman Underoos. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    My wife and kids commandeered all my wearable Steelers gear. It's fine because Steelers fans would identify me and they love to talk Steelers 24/7, who has time for that?;+)