1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We will be alright

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Jan 14, 2018.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Priorities:

Safeties

Find a way to stop the run

Haley dead.

I got over the loss quicker than I thought

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Good for you. This one will be with me all the way to my grave.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Probably because we avoided the inevitable next week.....it just sucks the way we lost and how the coaching continues to let this team down. They would of let us down even harder next week....trust me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Defense needs a serious overhaul. No position is safe IMHO.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. stangboy06

stangboy06 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Well at least James Harrison will get a ring

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Believe me I’m not happy but I have a 1 yr old and I can’t afford to snap.

• Like Like x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Do we use Free Agency to acquire a safety and take a linebacker or do both in the draft?

That is what I am intrigued at.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Agreed. Only players safe are Heyward, Tuitt, Watt, Williams, and Hayden imo. Sutton and Hilton will hopefully continue to develop. Davis will hopefully improve without an anchor next to him in Mitchell so he can just focus on his game. Hargrave can still develop but wondering if he is strong enough to stay at NT or better to rotate at DE.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Both draft and acquire one at each position

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah me to I'm over this loss, as I get older I can't dwell on a loss for days anymore life is to short!!! I'm proud to be a Steeler Fan ride or die. Looking forward to one day see my Steelers hoist #7. Go Steelers!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hargrave doesnt fit the mold of a run stuffing NT his upper body looks under develped!!! He needs to hit the weights and build some mass!!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe Watt and Hilton.

Tuitt and Heyward didn't show up. Heyward had one measely tackle in this game. If that is what we can expect in big games from him we need to start searching for something better.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  13. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    They are really good players, Jacksonville had a ridiculous line, they are huge. That is really the problem with having a weak linebacker core in a 3-4. The 3 lineman will get neutralized by a powerful oline and you will get no pressure of linebackers aren't sent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    You do what the Jag's did, you draft then if you still don't feel good about it then you use free agency , that is what helped the Jag's this year. I know we are not big in free agency but sometimes it makes sence.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  15. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Top priority has to be linebacker. And I mean inside and outside. Dupree has done nothing all season. Vince Williams has looked like trash ever since Shazier got hurt. The only starting backer that's safe is Watt IMO.

I want Butler dead next to Haley. Time to go another way.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Hollywoodbags68

Hollywoodbags68 Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    I was really impressed with Vance McDonald the last few games. I thought Jesse James was adequate, and I guess he is, but McDonald is so much more athletic and is a real weapon. He looked like Heath Miller today.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    I have no faith in the staff anymore so I don't think it will be alright. More mediocrity to come.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    that's been the case since Tomlin took over this team. Perhaps it's not the players but the coaching that's lacking

19. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Its going to be interesting for sure. I know free agency doesn't always work out but look at how the broncos and ravens finally got over the hump with FA. We need an immediate impact player at safety, mlb, dt and olb. Bens window is closing, defense needs a major upgrade quick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Everything won't be alright. We have perhaps the most talented team in the league and perhaps the most talented team in team history, at least since free agency started. Ben and Brown are getting older. Bell might be gone. We couldn't get by a team that could only score 10 against the Buffalo Bills. We got beat by a QB who they tried to dump in the off season. We got embarassed at home. The game wasn't as close as the score indicated. The Jags could have easily had another 3 picks this game. Our coaching and execution leaves a lot to be desired and I don't see that changing. I have no faith in this coaching staff

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Yes we will be alright instead of great because the standard is the standard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011

Priorties:

Pass rushing OLBs or DE/DT.

23. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Maybe its time for some major changes to the defense. I think Lake has to go I still see confusion in the secondary and I expected more progress from Burns and Davis in their second year.

On offense our Oline protects well and blocks well when they are pulling but they are not road graders that can get a big push straight ahead. Both Pouncey and DeCastro are very athletic but sometimes struggle against large tackles.

We need a new safety to replace Mitchell and an ILB to replace Shazier I don't expect him back and would be afraid for him to see him play again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Va_SteelerFan

Va_SteelerFan Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    I would hope draft. Some defensive good defensive players in the secondary this draft I believe.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Defensive lineman as well.

Inside linebackers is going to be a problem though. Outside of Roquan Smith, there really is not a sure fire first round pick for us at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 1