1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We trade....

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Myronwemissyinz, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    any picks to move up......I will be pissed!!!...We need every pick this year!!

2. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Who do you think we would move up for? I personally dont see anyone who is worth moving up because a player who will be there at 24 should be just as good as a player at their position. I mean I dont see a position in this draft that does not have at least 2 players at each position with 1st round talent. excluding the saftey and center position because colbert said that is not a need

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I mentioned in a different thread if DeCastro falls as far as San Diego we could trade our first and second for their first and third. Points wise its an exact match, and we don't lose any picks. Think if we get DeCastro we could still pick up a good nose tackle (chapman) and a good ILB (Cole, Wagner or Jerry Franklin) in the third. if we decided to go strong o line Datko or Adcock should still be there in the third.
    Do I think the Steelers will do that? Nope. But one can hope.

4. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    DeCastro is the only guy I see as worth trading up for.

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I think I'd have to agree. Maybe if a super stud tackle fell, but still not sure if I would then either.

6. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Also saw suggested that we could go 1-2 to jets for 1-4 if we don't think DeCastro will last past the Bungles. Jets have a lot of needs. Still can get a nose, an ILB, and either a receiver or another o-lineman.

7. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    This seems like a very weird thing to say for lots of reasons.

1. We're adding 7 or more rookies to the roster this year?
    2. You already know who will be available and when?
    3. You can't even imagine a great player that we could use falling within reach, in any round?

8. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I guess I should re-phrase. DeCastro is the only guy I'd want to trade up for that I see actually falling. If Matt Kalil, Riley Reiff, Trent Richardson, etc fell then yeah.