1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We SUCK

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerFanInKC, Aug 21, 2014.

1. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing but I am so pissed about the way we played last night, that I couldn't make myself joke about it. :huh:

2. Wreck

Wreck Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    And we're back with your regularly scheduled Steeler forum season posts.

3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Well not EXACTLY because they actually do make a prediction of the temperature. Hines wouldn't do that.

4. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Unfortunately, it's getting monotonous the past 3 seasons.

6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Primus SUCKS!

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Nope. He'd just say how bad the weather's going to be, and how it's so much better everywhere else. Then, after it hasn't stormed for weeks, he'd say 'see! I told you it was going to storm!'. Also something about how stupid you are for enjoying the nice weather and how much of an idiot you are for not agreeing when he said it was going to storm way back when.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Ya know Mark Twain once said something that makes me now think he must have been a Steelers fan. He said "everyone complains about the weather but nobody does anything about it." With as much passion as we all have for the Steelers we really should go play for them. LOL.

9. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Pathetic 1st team dress rehearsal, they stunk on both sides of the ball, so we cant go into detail because there was too many individual bad plays made on the field to list:

10. Steeltradition83

Steeltradition83 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This. The team found out there 1 and 2 backs got busted for pot and one got a DUI. That will shake you a little. How long has it been since we have had a promising back like Bell? How long has it been since we had a bowling ball like Blount? I think the answer to both questions is the Bus. I'm sure it rocked the team a little finding out all of this information the night before the game.

11. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    So is that an excuse for them to play like a bunch of scrubs?

12. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes the play was horrible but there's a lot of over the top posts in here.

13. Steeltradition83

Oct 21, 2011
    Looked like a totally different team from week 2 to week 3. So I'd say yes, it's a reasonable excuse.

14. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Well, it's not, they were out played and out coached this week by a team that was a lot better than the bills, and a professional player with a multi million dollar contract shouldn't be too concerned because two pot heads got busted on a misdemeanor pot possession charge that will only result in a fine and no jail time.....

15. Steeltradition83

Oct 21, 2011
    But could result in a suspension. I don't believe the system will work fast enough for a possible suspension to affect this season, but what if it did and Mr. DUI was lost for the last 2 games of the season? Or maybe Roger doesn't wait for the justice system, wouldn't surprise me, it's not like he is exactly consistent when handing out punishments. Bell is a vital piece to this puzzle and I'm sure the thought of losing him for a game or two would worry his teammates.

16. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    One reason I dislike Thursday night games is because I don't get to watch them live and miss out on threads like this.

There was a Primus reference and everything.

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep. That and, I'm not going to tear myself up over it until they show me this is how they are going to play in the regular season. People are acting like its a foregone conclusion they will start 0-4 again. I liked what I saw the first 2 games, the 3rd game they sucked. 3 games into preseason and youd think they just finished 8-8 again by some of these posts.

18. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'll agree with that. I think the biggest thing you saw is that maybe the offense got a little ahead of themselves with the success they saw in games one and two and maybe just were taking for granted that they were still going to have to have that edge. Maybe edge isn't the best word that focus they had in the first two preseason games.

19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Ive said it, you've said, we've all said! Every time there is an L some people panic and make asinine comments, and some other people get pissed and hit the nail on the head. Were a passionate bunch I believe and will continue to be so.

I'm a mix of both groups I mentioned above. I find myself in a state of panic at the wrong times and a hitting the nail on the head at some of the right times. I expect good things out of this group this year, barring injury that is. I'm more than willing to take another trophy to the case while acknowledging that we probably weren't the best team ingredient wise. They've made me this way the last 2 decades. Different coaches and staff, same usual play that sometimes yields different results as conflicting as that sounds.

Every time an L... Coach sucks or has no emotion. Or the team has no talent, or is too old. Now it's too young but a lot of fans here are screaming not to bring in veteran LEADERSHIP via a few snaps and good tutelage because it stymies the growth of people who aren't ready to play at a consistent level. It's this scheme or the lack of that scheme. It's being unprepared or uninspired, etc... hell, I agree with all of it at different times because each week is different, each season is different but this team as it differs in personnel year to year always has the same mentality but it's been screwy most of the last few years! While I think that the continuity is what a lot of us love about them, I believe it is time to bend a little. Sure, run the front office old school, but damnit adjust your friggin schemes to the now. Playing old hat don't work in this league no more. And players these days don't believe in the mystique of their predecessors, they're about dollar signs... Not dynasties! Having the old school come in at the half or linger on the sidelines ain't inspiring none of these cats that ain't looking to be inspired!!! It's terrible and it's with every team.

Maybe it's the coaching... Maybe it's just our current team coupled with today's day and age. I don't know but I don't like it! I'll root my ass off in spite of it, and will root even harder the moment these guys show some damn pride in their lineage as a steeler and W,L or draw at least act inspired to wear the colors. Those of us that have some history here know hot to lose, but not when you have a winning mix on your team. We expect the best even in the darkest times. We are in a transitional phase and are so with an aging stellar QB. He alone gives us the missing ingredient or at least the old common known missing ingredient. I think Ben wants to win so bad, that it forces him into mad silliness at times. If the rest of the team outside of the stalwarts don't give a rip, then we're in for another heave of a ho. I remember those days after the glory days and never gave up on them... But in those days it was a talent issue. It wasn't coaching and it wasn't heart! These days, I can't really say to be honest.

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I was thinking today after I had some time to sorta analyze things a little more that the offense probably wouldn't have looked nearly as bad if they hadn't been force feeding Wheaton all night. When Ben goes to AB that tandem is lights out and I don't think they've lost their mojo at all. I think one of the things about last night was that Ben was trying to build a rapport with Wheaton and that REALLY put the offense out of sync. So that is ONE thing I'm taking away from this game that is maybe not a cause for concern. Also even though the backs didn't have outstanding games or anything they were pretty much constantly moving forward and not going down on first contact. I welcome that as well. So maybe it's not AS bad as we think but even Charlie Batch said on Cooler Talk last night that he "is concerned" with the way the team looks right now. So people aren't crazy to be a little nervous.

21. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I thought that last preseason I had made it very clear that I had copyrighted sucks, sucking, sucked, suckage and all other words pertaining to the word suck..

Any copyright lawyers in da house?

22. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    dammit man

CHUPA CHUPA

MUST REFRESH OUR MEMORIES
    it's like our team sometimes
    we simply just forget

[​IMG]

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think we're all acknowledging that the Steelers looked flat, and that the defense was incredibly undisciplined. We're also saying that some of that can be attributed to both teams working on certain specifics, and that this is not exactly what we would see if the game counted. There are people calling for the firing of coaches and declaring the season over because the schemes were weak--in a preseason game.

24. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Whatever the Steelers were working on, it was pretty awful.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not going to argue with that !