1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

WE SUCK WITHOUT WATT!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Sep 18, 2022.

1. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    He's the guy who says the Steelers lost because of the globalist conspiracy to keep white guys named Mitch and Gunner down

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers run defense sucks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Must admit I'm impressed. Losing Watt absolutely hurts but these guys can keep you in a game. I actually like some of our offensive weapons. O-line suspect but I really think with a tad bit better QB this team could hang.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Must admit I'm impressed. Losing Watt absolutely hurts but these guys can keep you in a game. I actually like some of our offensive weapons. O-line suspect but I really think with a tad bit better QB this team could hang.

5. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    I gave Canada a chance but this O is ass, can his ass, open up the field.

Go Steelers!!!

Balt L, Clev L, Cin L in progress.

Can Canada.

And I am Canadian.

Go Steelers!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. DuckSux

DuckSux Active Member

Dec 22, 2019
    Brownie the Elf showed up today!!! AFC East thumped the North today

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The defense messed up on the Patriots game sealing drive, but the Steelers only gave up 17 points. The offense have been playing trash. The defense has to play near perfect for them to win games so far. Steelers offense better show improvements against the Browns on Thursday. The offense is so conservative and do not capitalize on big play chances. If the offense continues to play like this, it will be a repeat of the 2019 Steelers offense.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    17 points.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014

10. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Please Steelers activate and play Mark Robinson for Thursday,s game against a good running club Cleveland has.

11. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Some of the points being brought up about this defense are not mutually exclusive. Yes, they did only give up 17 points and without the muffed punt and with some help from the offense, there's likely a different outcome to this game. However, they didn't get near enough pressure on Jones and at times he had enough time to write a novel before throwing the ball. The middle of the field was continously vulnerable throughout the game and Jones exploited that. The run defense failed them on the last drive but that can be chalked up to them being gassed.
    Clearly, the defense didn't lose this game but let's not act like they don't have things to work on as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    People this team is going to struggle with DPOY out. Offense has to help.

• Like Like x 2
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    On the post-game show they said Bush had a foot injury, Robinson might get his chance to play against the Browns on Thursday.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Our offense, really does, effect the defense. With or without Watt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Total yards difference tells the tale of this game. D did enough to get a W but the O did not. There is plenty of blame to go around. JMO>

• Like Like x 2
  16. Beerburgh

Beerburgh Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2022

That's pretty much what I said so we agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I mean....

I can make a case that Trent Jordan Watt is the most complete defender in all of football; Aaron Donald included. Losing someone like that is going to be difficult to overcome. That said, this is the second time in which not having "that guy" has netted horrific results; the teams record without the man in my avatar being the other case. Now, logic dictates that an elite pass rush can overcome such a loss. That said though, such a rush is not possible given the fact that the Offense cannot even let the Defense catch their breath and never mind get a cup of water to drink. :eek:

18. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    We’re angry that we can’t sniff sacks, and we’re concerned about how our D looks and performs.

Okayyyyy…

I watched the first half on my phone, and the second half “condensed”. Alex/Tommie Lee Jones seemed to know where his mismatch was before the snap. Lots of passes either over the middle or down the sideline (but that might be a skewed perception). NE executed well, the Steelers offense did not, and 2-3 mistakes were the difference.

19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    https://steelersdepot.com/2022/09/k...nts-inability-to-get-off-blocks-make-tackles/

this picture at the top of this article makes me wonder who is teaching this and why are they in the NFL. i see no other team doing this while watching a game. as for the picture, do we have 5 defenders lined up in a row on the left side while the play is going to the opening on the right. why are they all in one area and the wrong area to boot? who does this and why would you? :cool:

20. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Related to Ed To Tall Jones

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

upload_2022-9-20_11-42-17.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Dang. I just now picked the Steelers to win in the predict the score thread. Oh' well. Maybe that trend will discontinue.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats brave! I rarely pick against them but think I might this week in Pickem. Trying to stop that ground game and without Watt *shudder*

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Watt is just too good and makes everyone better.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He played Qb for the Arkansas Razorbacks, and (I know people can't believe this because He's white) was forced to change positions in the NFL, and became a Wr for the Jags.

• Like Like x 1