1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

we need to start wining and beating off defenders-PimplyDan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Cali Steel, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Re: we need to start wining and beating off defenders-Pimply

That season was memorable for a lot of reasons, not only the first 6 seed to win a superbowl but the moments in the playoffs that made it possible seems more like a story book novel than reallity, Von Oelhoffen chops palmers knee in the wildcard round and we win that game: We go to Indy in the division round as big under dogs and Bettis fumbles the ball, Ben makes a shoestring tackle to save the game, and indy misses a chip shot FG to tie the game: Troy gets screwed on a clear cut interception even after the review: In the AFCC game the defense beats the starch out of their QB jake the snake, our offense was crisp and we get an easy win: That was the year that was, and we will probably never see another run like that again....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012

No lose!

3. Cali Steel

Cali Steel

Jan 4, 2012

Must start wining!

4. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011

It seems the miracle of pimpdylan is still in evidence, judging form today's result...

5. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011

Yes... That was a miracle... "Against all odds"...

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

I was just thinking about that Indy game the other day, and just thinking how great a coach Cowher was. On Troy's INT review he pulled his D together and gathered their emotions so they could go out there and get the job done after a bad call by the refs. Not many coaches would think to do that, would do that, or if they did would do it it wouldn't be done as effectively... The CHIN is HOF class material through and through....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

I had heard enough about it for years to get the basic jist and enjoy the humor in it, but once I saw the screen grab and how his name was turned from pimpdylan to pimplydan I was on the floor rolling. I had only heard him referenced as pimplydan and never his actual screen name. That revelation just tickled the crap out of me and still does.

I think the change from his stupid screen name to the pitch perfect mocking one is what might have chased him away for good. Too bad because he's a legend. :herewego:

Thank TTF for finding and reposting that. was it you that posted the original screen grab? Otherwise I don't know how you find that stuff... :hello:

8. Cali Doll

Cali Doll Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Yes. And this run is one of my favorite experiences as a fan. :yeehaw:

I was also there on the old board during PimplyDan. It was an epic time. I actually felt badly for PD because I think he was some geeky kid who got ran off because of the initial teasing. I do kinda hope he came back under a new name and that he knows of his legend.

:thumbs_up:

9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Bump

• Like Like x 1
  10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I wasn't here for that time but I do remember the incredible run. I was calm as a cucumber in the superbowl. I just knew we were going to win.

When we did win I was like "cool" lol.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Hey Knox, do you think we should let Cali Doll in on the dirty secret before she starts a GoFundMe campaign that Pimply Dan was in reality a back alley thug right out of Good Fellows whose real name was Pimp Dylan?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sounds like you had just returned from caddying a few rounds for the Dalai Lama being so centered and all. :shrug:

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I heard a rumor that he changed his name to... something about a towel flying...........

14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    We will crush them...... they all suck!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    30 years from now I'll still remember that thread.

It was comedic gold.:roflmao:

17. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    you summed it up exactly the way it was.

you jogged my memory so I checked and the Steelers went into the Bears game at 7-5 coming off a 3 game losing streak and then apparently took pd's advice.

I did not know that post originated on this site. I thought the original post was on the fansite at steelers.com which is gone. I also did not know the original poster was pimpdylan. But I can now see how the name was distorted as it was a couple replies later which I now clearly remember. The stuff about the global warming , and his solution for world peace etc. which was quite funny and frankly escalated the avalanche.

I also did not know he didn't misspell lose as so many often do. Yep, I am now convinced that the name was accidently misread and also contributed the the ensuing ridicule.

Too bad it might have been interesting to get his take on the worlds problems. Let's see! Global Warming? Kool it off or Turn the AC on.

18. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    You are 100% right about Nebraska's reply to that post. That may have been my first ever literal LOL moment on a message board. Priceless

19. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    No, you were right - it all happened on the old steelers.com MB. This thread was just reminiscing.

Nice bump, Knox.

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not to mention the time he ran down the sideline at the end of a game and stuffed a fax picture in the refs pocket proving they made the wrong call. Nowadays Coach would have to try and shove a whole Microsoft Surface Pro in the ref's pocket. :roflmao:

21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I was calm during the 2008 one too lol. Enjoying it with Cowboy fans rooting for AZ.

2010 I was a nervous wreck but was ok with the outcome as I expected us to be back but...

2011: WTF
    2012: dead
    2013: dead
    2014: god dammit
    2015: god dammit x2
    2016: stupid pats
    2017: I hate life