1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We need to rebuild!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CaBurghfan, Dec 22, 2011.

1. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Man, going through just the first page, it looks like the following must be gone......

Mendy...... AVERAGE running back......
    Suisham..... "Good God", why's he on the field!
    Miller...... Can't break a tackle to save his life....
    Ben..... Too stubborn, should sit....
    Harrison...... Must learn to adapt or move one.....
    Bruce Arians..... Nuff said
    Moore...... Why did we feature him so much?"?

Let's start this off season! Whaddya think?????? :roll:

Geez guys, I read the Ravens boards after the loss to the Chargers, and laughed at how pathetic they were. Now I see this place, and it's like the sky is falling. Good lord, does everyone expect up to go 19-0 each year????

I for one, felt the tone was set from the first 2 interceptions. If Ben is healthy, he makes both those throws, and a 10-14 point lead is alot different than playing behind 6 with a gimpy QB. If we match up with that team, heck any team other than GB, we win 7 out of 10 games.

Rest Ben, accept the #5 seed, and get ready to make a run.......

2. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Good point. I take my flack for the Ben comments you mention. However, I would like to point out the following:

1) The Ben comments are in response to posters who are blaming everyone but Ben
    2) I've posted a "Playoff Hope" thread that discusses why I think we'll be fine in the playoffs
    3) Please read "LET'S DO THIS: MENDENHALL" where I address that Mendy is, in my opinion, a great back
    4) I posted a thread on the run game and discussing what the Steelers could do to upgrade the running attack
    5) I've been defending Tomlin and BA (I know, don't crucify me) all week
    6) Most people are defending Heath in the thread about him and breaking tackles
    7) Most people defended an attack on Clark

For the record, I think the Steelers are a great team, overall, this season. However, I do believe there are a couple areas in which they could improve, and I believe all the coaches and players are responsible for the shortcomings. I also believe the team will make the necessary adjustments, starting Saturday.

I think we should keep posting positive/productive threads. It's probably the best way to combat the negativity.

3. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    See- I dont really get this post....you are talking about posts that people made after we played really bad so of course it looks like everyone is hating on this team. Now, if you would review a page after we won or played really well, the posts would be totally different.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't think we need to rebuild, just shore up some deficient or aging spots. it will take time for these new players to get up to speed , so if we wait, the guys that are playing well now will become the deficient old guys. you very rarely win football games with an underachieving offensive and defensive line. more often then not it's going to hurt other facets of your team. :cool:

5. Cbus Steelers

Cbus Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think even after wins most people on the boards dwell on negatives.

We should have won by more...

Ben held the ball too long...

Suisham missed a kick...

I understand that, as fans, we have the right to play MMQB and criticize things that go wrong, can cost us future games, etc. But this board is definitely the epitome of "the sky is falling" and it does appear that a lot of people fully expect to go undefeated every single year and put up about 38 points per game while doing it. That's never going to happen with the Steelers...but come January, no one is tougher than us.

6. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

No need to explain, I wasn't specifically targeting your comments, or anyone else's specifically. I just have to laugh at all the negative comments after one win. And that win was against a 10 win team, who we played equal to in most parts of the game, and had a good excuse (Injury to Ben) as to how we lost.

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    well....well.... it could happen :hehehe: :) :cool:

8. MikeFanForLife

MikeFanForLife Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    So we should pray that BA doesn't get fired. Cause then there would be barely any activity on this board. We'd have nothing to complain about. ha ha.

9. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Yep if BAGot fired we would put TFT out of business

10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No, we need to reload, with tweaks.

12. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You forgot about Timmons, we should not have paid him. You forgot about how Sanders is injury prone and we need to get a replacement. You forgot that Ziggy Hood can't play DL for didly-squat. And you forgot about the entire Oline...according to many of the posts on this board, we are a step away from being an 0-16 team. Oh, and the defense is the worst...

Sheesh.

(I hope every can read the sarcasm)

13. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Does it seem that once we sign a player to a big contract they don't play worth a ****?

14. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well said. Undefeated may or may not ever happen again for any team let alone the Steelers and those teams that are putting up big offensive numbers often have defenses that aren't worth chit. With free agency and sal cap you can't have it all on both sides of the ball and on the rare occasion when you do you certainly can't keep it long. The Steelers even with the problems they do have are one of the few teams that still manage to stay competitive year in and year out and as long as they're competitive they'll always have a shot to win it all. This has been an insane year and when you look at some of the games that took place like KC beating the pack, Colts beating the Texans, etc. our loss to the 49ers, Ravens and Texans don't seem that earth shattering. Frustrating yes but end of the world not by a long shot so there's nothing to think we don't still have a legit shot at the Lombardi.