1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

we made Tebow look like Montana

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jsteelers077, Jan 8, 2012.

1. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, Denver went all soft zone on us. That helped a lot.

But yeah. We all know the "Team of Destiny" thing. This team felt like the complete opposite. Short of a plane crashing, I don't know what else could have gone wrong this year.

In the end, we got Munsoned in Denver.[/quote:1jqare9l]

LOL! That about says it Ray. I know our team's got issues that need fixed so I'm not looking through rose colored glasses here but I mean have you ever seen chit go south like that ? Oh well, lucky for us the Rooneys wont have the same "Knee Jerk" reactions that some of our posters have here tonight and we'll be back in the hunt again next year. Let the healing begin :thumbs_up:

2. nitrous12

nitrous12 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You have had some great observations and perspective and have articulated it well here tonight in your posts. Thanks for that!

3. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks. I'm as pissed off as everyone else is here tonight but trying to look at the whole mess without having a Knee Jerk reaction and that ain't easy if you know what I mean ;)

4. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

Haha, no kidding. I was there. It was brutal..... and the masses were there drowning everyone in that Tebow koolaid

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    How do we always seem to do this? Its embarrassing! Period.

I can go on and on the QBs we have made look like HOF over the last 5 years. WHY?

6. jsteelers077

jsteelers077 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I just hope we address every need possible in the draft. Whats funny about that if you remember 4 years ago we realy needed to address the OL with the first pick and they waited tell round 5 to draft OL. I sure has hell hope they dont do that again. I say our first 3 picks should be OL with the 1st pick CB with the 2nd pick and NT with the 3rd pick. And at some point we need to draft a young back up QB.

7. BLACKnGOLDsince72

Oct 16, 2011
    Coaching and player human nature. We're very good against the expected but not so good against the unexpected / unexplained. Let's face it Tebow's performance last night versus 16 previous regular season games was very unexpected. By next week he'll be back to his same ole fumbling and INT throwing self.

8. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    We have Dixon.

9. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Finally, someone else gets it without being a reactionist.

Also, we did not make Tebow look like an All-Pro -- He did that himself. It was uncanny, but his passes were perfectly accurate, hitting deep receivers in stride even with fairly good coverage. Our game-plan was to force Tebow to trow to beat us, and well, he did. It was a fluke that seems to happen alot to the Steelers (just like it seemes the Pens can dominate possession and then give up a fast easy goal -- like when we played the Rangers the other night, shots were 11 to 1 toward the end of the period and then they scored on only their second shot to tie it up and grab the mo.) I do not expect to see Tebow do that again and he will return to his inaccutate self next week.

10. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Thank you for someone finally giving Tebow at least some credit. The kid beat us, he made the plays they needed consistently. Truth be told, he was underestimated and we were overrated. We beat one good team all season, and barely beat several bad teams. There are changes that need to be made with the Steelers, some personell, but mostly in offensive and defensive philosohpy.

11. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!: I felt like we were hanging on by a thread most of the season.