1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We just witnessed the death of the NFL

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by SDOT, Feb 3, 2019.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Worst Super Bowl of all time.

Worst half time show of all time.

Worst commercials of all time.

Pats get their first 3 points because the Rams didn't let the guy who caught the ball get enough time LOL what? I've never heard of that one.

Then they called a phantom hold on the Rams stalling their drive when they finally got momentum, giving the Pats good field position, and they drive and score their 1st td and pretty much seal the game.

I know I've said it before but I'm done with the NFL. Steelers have become a joke and so is this league. I'm putting my energy into more important things. **** this league.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Horse manure, the pats won. You don't have to like it. But it is a fact.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    See you next season :thumbs up:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Yep, it'll be the same mediocre coach and same result. Anyone remember when the Steelers were the best franchise in football? Good, because they aren't anymore. And they won't be with Mike, I'm really just a cheerleader, Tomlin in control

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Man commercials did suck.

Where were all the awesome movie trailers?

6. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I loved the beat down the Patriots defense put on the Rams. So yeah, I can see the league overreacting about the negative publicity of the lowest scoring super bowl of all time and making it even easier for offenses to score with more rules changes. So I agree with OP to some extent!

7. Big30

Big30 Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Man the old school nfl one was good tho and the bud lights were ok

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They had plenty of movie trailers on the streaming broadcast. One silver lining to this is Ben no longer holds the record for worst performance in a SB. I think Goff owns that one now or and McVey has beat out Pete Carroll for dumbest coaching job in a SB as well.

9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Also Brady holds the record for most SB wins for a QB but also most SB losses as well. :lolol:

10. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  11. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I thought the award for most SB losses goes to Jim Kelly?

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    You just saw how to run an NFL football team.

No one cares about the lousy musicians of today or the worthless commericals that sell you **** you don't need.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    As bad as we all hate the Patriots there is a very good reason. We wish we had the success they are having, we wish we had the coaching they have , and most important we wish we had the players that play as one and for each other that they have.

There is no doubt the Steelers have as much talent if not more but until we get better coaching and better teammates it's not going to change. We can all say they cheat, were done with the NFL but next year I know I will be as much a steeler fan as I was 10,20,or 30 years ago

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I believe you're right. Pats (and Denver) have lost 5 but Brady only 3 personally and Kelly 4. I may have been the source of the rumor that Brady had lost 5 and if he lost this one he'd be the GLOAT. Doen't even make any difference to keep track of any of this anymore. The Rams/KC game a few months ago was the best game this season and should have been the SB.

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I enjoyed the Bud Light / Game of Thrones Crossover add. (When the trumpets started sounding, I thought "Is that The Rains of Castamere? Nah... can't be." Then the Mountain shows up. :lolol:

As to the game: I love a good defensive struggle. But this felt more like incompetence.

Pats win... again.

All is lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Rams were terrible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    On offense.

18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Calm down, so the hated cheats are tied with this once proud franchise. Look on the bright side, ol popcorn Tomlin is still the coach :eek:

And this great Ram defense let that punk Edelman torch them time after time. Was Butler secretly calling plays having a linebacker cover him? :lolol:

Glad that junk show is over, only watched the 1st half at my local watering hole with the lovely Olivia serving up the swill. The best part is I didn't hear Romo! That was a win as far as i'm concerned. He finally made it to a Super Bowl :applaud: Scrub...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The refs in this league stink. Not just this game. :cool:

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I hope you're done with this site too

21. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Worst Super Bowl of all time. Unless the Steelers had won.
    Worst half time show of all time. Unless the Steelers had won.
    Worst commercials of all time. Unless the Steelers had won.
    Pats get their first 3 points because the Rams didn't let the guy who caught the ball get enough time LOL what? I've never heard of that one. Did James Harrison ever do this?
    Then they called a phantom hold on the Rams stalling their drive when they finally got momentum, giving the Pats good field position, and they drive and score their 1st td and pretty much seal the game. Creative viewing. Whine along with me.
    I know I've said it before but I'm done with the NFL. Riiiight! Sure! Pure bovine scatology!
    Steelers have become a joke and so is this league. Hey! You got one right!
    I'm putting my energy into more important things. **** this league. Ya sure! I'll remind you when you don't. :hehehe:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Lowest rated Super Bowl since 2003. NFL is dead!

23. standupsteelerguy

standupsteelerguy Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2017
    Yep, I'm sure the NFL will file for bankruptcy tomorrow lol.

I'm equally sure everyone who says they are done with the NFL will be watching games next year.

I'm equally sure that had the Steelers won this game everyone here would be calling it is the greatest game ever due to its status as a defensive masterpiece.

I'm equally sure that had the Steelers won everyone would be talking about how Ben came through with one good drive to get the touchdown when it was needed.

You boys should stop whining and start acting like real Steelers fans, support our team, forget about the patriots, and let's hope the Steelers get their act together so we can have a chance in hell of beating them within the next year or two.

So far the plan is to do it without bell or brown. God help us all.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1