1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We got a BIG choice to make Mr. Bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Jan 20, 2018.

1. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    When I dig down deep to think about this situation, this is all I can see happening in reality.

Not saying it wouldn't be warranted on some level, but it would surprise me greatly if they don't find a way to make a deal.

2. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    What would be his trade value? He's arguably the best RB in the league, but we can only trade away one year of his services, and at a very high cap hit. Add in his suspension history and we might not get as much as some here think.

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    I can see it from both sides!In my opinion he is the best back in the league all-around with his dual treat of running the ball and a receiver in the backfield.No brainer I’d love to see us keep him but someone will pay him more than us definitely as we only have so much money to pay him with other glaring needs on the defensive side of the field!Kind of puts the Steelers in a pickle and he’s already shown by his actions and words if he’s willing to take a little less with us than a few other teams would pay him.His actions and words say he would even go to a non contending team for the money.You could say that his actions are all part of the game to get a better deal but I wouldn’t be surprised if we tag him next year.He’s not taking off a year or thinking about retirement as sitting out a year would definitely hurt him big time for free agency!I hope he has a change of heart as team is way more important than any individual player.

4. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    YOU have to at-least franchise him. Can not let him go to ravens or Patriots. And you probably could work out some sort of deal cause your not gonna have to pay shazier a big deal which was coming this spring.,

5. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    The reason we always come up short is, Tomlin lets "veterans" Express themselves. Make a stop on 3rd down then taunt a guy for a first down. SOS every year/ Put Tomlin on the bus right next to LOLandry

6. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    ****can bell. He don't want to be here anyhoo. Belicheat will not touch him and he will stink anywhere else

7. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    He was offered a contract that would've made him the highest paid at his position, which would've raised the value of his position as he's stated he wants to do. In my mind that's pretty damn fair. Stafford in Detroit doesn't matter as he doesn't affect the Steelers payroll... His payday has been set by his peers as well.

I think they can win without Bell and use that money to fix the obvious holes on the team that are the glaring weaknesses needing upgraded in order to get past the same result with or without Bell that we're getting used to here lately.

I don't dispute anything you say about him, he's great! Just isn't worth the cap hit hand cuffs he's gonna come with.

8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yep the D lost it fair and square. The D lost it last year too albeit minus Bell... That's why I think his hyped pay day should go to where the obvious upgrade is needed. This O will hum just fine and there are plenty options out there that can be star running backs or dump off receivers ( for a hell of a lot cheaper and with a hell of a lot less BS) for this team.

9. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I think they should try to work a trade with SF for Carlos Hyde and a draft pick. SF is flush with cash and can afford him. Carlos is a really good back, but he doesn’t fit their scheme. SF would love to counter Todd Gurley. We could run Hyde, Conner and Ridley.

• Informative Informative x 1