1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We got a BIG choice to make Mr. Bell

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by THREE RIVER SHIVER, Jan 20, 2018.

1. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Alright guys,
    Lev Bell is an awesome talent..Maybe a future hall of famer..Productive almost anytime on the field..Been durable of late...Can catch and run,but we already know all this....
    Another thing we know is we have ALOT of holes on this defense.....this defense is pathetic up the middle...Been a long time since I watched this D look so damn soft...We need some serious help on that side of the ball...We lost a real playmaker on the rise in SHAZIER....
    With the offense we have in place for the near future ,we should be super competitive..with or without Bell..Not downplaying his importance to this offense,but would we better served to spend his[what would be astronomical salary] on the Defense?....Typically if you are paid in such a way ,you are expected to carry yourself accordingly..You are expected to show an example to the younger guys...IT is your responsibility..That should go without saying...You should not be a distraction in ANY way...This is a team sport ...You don't get to be great on the field and be an a**hole in every other aspect...Try being great on the field and being great off the field and in real life.. ex.JEROME BETTIS....It should mean something being a Steeler...Appears the only thing that REALLY matters is how much cash he makes....If he checked all the other boxes[didnt act imature,was a leader in the locker room,was a team first guy,set a good example for the organization,] then buy all means pay him....BUT THAT JUST AINT THE CASE....

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steelers2018

Steelers2018 Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    When the football game starts, he’s the guy I want on my team

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He won't change. Let him go to another team and find out how much greener the grass is.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011

He’s really helped a lot since he’s been here...not

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steelers2018

Jan 17, 2018
    Are you an idiot? Yes he has helped more than A LOT? He’s the best RB in the league? Oh also footballs a team game. He doesn’t play defense does he? smfh

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He is great talent, his skill set is great. I hope the Steelers deal him somehow. Nobody is bigger than
    the Steeler organization/brand. We will find another RB. Maybe Dion Lewis. Just another great Pitt football player
    that perform when the lights are brightest.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Steelers2018

Jan 17, 2018
    Smh you really didn’t just compare Dion Lewis to Bell did you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. aces4me

aces4me Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
  9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Q: WWBBD?

A: He wouldn't put up with Bells ****.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Funny. The Pats seem to go further with Lewis than we do with Bell year in and year out. I bet Lewis and Burkhead show up to meetings and practices too. Guess what, they are also a whole lot cheaper. Leveon can take his dumb ass somewhere else. Having guys like that help you beat Cinncinatti twice a year. But that won't help you win championships. He can take his talents to Miami for all I give ****.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No I did not, I said we will find another RB maybe even Dion Lewis. I believe he is a FA.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steelers2018

Jan 17, 2018
    Oh they go further because of Lewis n Burkhead? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sad sad argument lmfao. Might possibly be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. You’re right BELL DOESNT SHOW UP that’s why he’s AN ALL PRO right? Grow up

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  13. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Bell is a cancer, a me me me guy, want nothing to do with him, rather have a guy that has worse stats but shows up on time and is a team player.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I remember my first beer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Nobody is debating he is a great running back...But your missing the point...This defense need help,and the money they aint gonna pay him is gonna help fix it..Bell is a luxury not a necessity at this point....If he wasn't such a punk a super bowl throphy would have been his main concern,his actions leading up to the game proved otherwise..Not smart enough to realize that with the RING and hard work lots of money would have followed....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Folks, we have to keep in mind that these players are people and they have different personalities. He wants paid what he feels he is worth, you really can’t blame him given the AB makes $17 million and he has twice the touches and three times the abuse to his body. If we want him, we should sign him because he is talented. None of know if he is a cancer and none of us know if he is the only cancer. If you’ve followed this team for a while, you know that Lambert was a hold out and a problem. coach Noll was asked about his hold out and he said “I do not currently have a player named Lambert”. Heinz started to do the hold out thing also. There was a player we were going to let walk just a few years ago over $50,000.

17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Lambert and Hines weren't idiots... Maybe that factors into it somehow. I don blame the guy wanting a contract, but I don't think he's really in a position to play the athlete victim or strong arm the team. He believes he's earned a whole new payout plateau for his efforts and in all honesty, he has not. This team has don't pretty much the same with or without him injured or being suspended. He hasn't exactly catapulted them onto some other plain... Just the truth. He isn't worth the worry of what he thinks he's entitled too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Bell is a great talent, nobody will ever dispute that, but how much is he worth? Is he worth more than Brown? More than a QB? Hearing that he basically skipped the final walk through is garbage. Tomlin should have sat him, but then Tomlin doesn't have control of this team so it's not a surprise there is no ramifications for it.

Can the Steelers afford to pay Brown, Bell and Ben that kind of money and still field a team that is competitive? Steelers should offer him a fair contract, like they did last year and if he refuses it, franchise him again. There is no way he's walking away and retiring, it's a bluff.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    They offered him a fair contract... He **** in their faces. Had a fine season after his hold out and slow start only to bump his gums and take a back seat in the playoffs once again... This time non injury related. The team would be better suited to spend his me me dough on areas of need... Namely the side of the ball that can't quit ****ting the bed with or without bell on game day in crunch time when it matters. If he was the missing piece to these last couple of playoff runs, then with him in the mix this go round ending in a similar result really brings things full circle. Fix the D!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    I don't think anyone disputes that this team needs to grow up on and off the field.
    Tomlin needs to scare these guys. Keep things in house and away from media.

On the field, the defense needs to clean up 3rd down and get off the field and let Ben run the show on offense.

21. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I get what you are saying, however, he is the best back in the league hands down. His receiving ability is unmatched from the backfield. He adds a threat that teams have trouble matching up with. He plays hard and there is no denying that. They lost the last game due to defense, period. The offense put up 42 on arguably the best defense in the league. Our receivers have great games because of the threat he presents. There are always going to be players we don’t like, you say the Lambert and Heinz weren’t idiots, well Lambert is my favorite player ever, but he is a idiot who refuses to acknowledge the fans in Pittsburgh and refuses to participate in any activities. I consider him unappreciative and a narcissist, but dam he was great!

• Like Like x 1
  22. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    What is a fair contract? Who judges that and what do you think of the QB in Detroit getting $26 mil per year? He can’t even make it to the playoffs. Running backs have short careers because they take the most punishment. He has more touches than anyone on the team. If they don’t think he’s worth it, cut him loose. In the end they will sign him, because he is a once in a generation talent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Name calling huh? Nothing says “my argument is weak” like slinging names. Good job!

Nobody here says he’s not talented. He’s just dumb...and all about himself. He’s NOT a team player. I don’t think he cares if he ever wins a Super Bowl. He’s all about the dollars. He’s bad for the locker room. Having “the best RB in the league does not mean you will the Super Bowl. Sign him, trade him, give his job to someone with the drive and will to win it all. There ya go, addition by subtraction.

And if you notice, I didn’t call you any of the many names that probably fit. It’s that easy.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You don't sit Bell in the playoffs for showing up late, fine him the max though.

25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The only one who needs to grow up is #26.