1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are very critical of our boys

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by beastlyqb7, Dec 26, 2011.

1. beastlyqb7

beastlyqb7 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... le=HP11_cp

While we continue to go on and on about BA and defensive problems and Mendenhall being soft, the talking heads view us like a dominant defense with a brilliant offense.
    Us Steeler Fans really crave perfection it seems like ;)

2. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    well it is just after a loss...look this week everything is well in steeler message board land

3. sologig

sologig Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    FLY OFF THE HANDLE
    i'd LOVE the copyright to that team's name
    SPORTS?

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    and this is bad , why? :cool:

5. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    We do have a dominant defense. We've shut out two opponents. No one did that last year.

On offense...we have potential and can play well. We're much too inconsistent, though.

6. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Not quite.

It's worse after a loss, yes.

But there's always room for improvement, and I recall many wins where some on this board (sometimes myself included) were not satisfied with the level of play of one, or many aspects of the team.

7. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Because we all know the talent this team has.We want close to perfection because that's what winners strive for.Championships is what the Steelers are all about.Nothing less than that. :rawk:

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We all would like the Steelers to be the best they can be,
    We want the Steelers to reach their potential. But as Coach T says it is
    what it is. Can our defense stop the GB,NO,NE, of the world? Can our offensive line
    play playoff standard football for the next month? If you can say yes to these answers then
    we can stop criticizing the PGH Steelers. And they will win the Lombardi. We need to get
    on a hot streak from here on out, here is keeping my fingers crossed.

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :amen:

10. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I wonder how many of us are as hard on ourselves in our own work.

11. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I'm so much worse when it comes to my own work.

12. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    That's the way I try to be.

13. JD99

JD99 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The bottom line is that It doesn't matter how many Super Bowls we win, how many games we win, how many records are broken etc. there is always someone that is going to be unhappy. Face it, we are extremely spoiled as Steelers fans and our franchise is the greatest in the NFL after winning 6 Super Bowls. But, some people automatically expect that we will somehow go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl year in and year out even though there are 31 other franchises in the NFL looking to attain the same goal and if we don't, then the Steelers are somehow an absolute failure and suck.

So, I've come to the realization over the years, that it doesn't matter if Moore, Walton, Erhardt, Gailey, Sherman, Mularkey, Whisenhunt or Arians is the OC, or Bradshaw, Malone, Brister, ODonnell, Stewart, Maddox or Roethlisberger is the QB or Noll, Cowher or Tomlin is the HC etc.

No matter how good this team ever is, its never good enough for some people. Its been this way since the 70's, lol, it will never change. Some just love to always have a negative outlook and act like they know better than the Rooneys or the F.O. from sitting on their couch and playing franchise mode in Madden on their game consoles. Hell, I remember after we won Super Bowl 40 and 43 there were still people complaining the day after on message boards. Some will always have something to ***** and moan about no matter what.

There are those that are optimists, pessimists, diehard's, fair weather, band wagon jumpers, homers etc. We are all Steelers fans in some aspect obviously, some more than others. However, a true fan and believer in their team realizes that anything can happen in the NFL, any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday and that the so called NFL experts and analysts don't have a crystal ball. I will never count this team out. Do we have some problems, of course, but what team doesn't.

14. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    :this!: :butcher: :drinks:
    And Jd99... yep, yer right...
    We are spoiled!!! :thumbsup:
    We have been watching a team that has been so good, for so long, that we feel a spot in the playoffs is our birthright!! :clapping:
    While I will always point out the minor(or not so minor, in the case of our O.C.), flaws in our team,
    It is exactly because I expect us to ALWAYS strive for perfection, even if it is an unattainable goal! :cool:
    I love this team, and always will, but until we loose no more games, and win every Superbowl...
    There is ALWAYS room for improvement! :yeehaw:
    GO STEELERS!!! :herewego: :towel: