1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are two fumbles away from likely being 3-2...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ThrowToHeath, Oct 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Nope but we still have the coach who never had a losing season. So which is it the players making the coach or the coach making the players? We have the same RB who was a pro bowler last season, we have 4 of the 5 starters coming back on the oline. We did have the HOF QB for2 games. We have a better defense than last year, some can say we might have a better TEAM.

I am not debating what we should or could be this year cause honestly we could be 4-1 very easy. I am saying the whole “not having a losing season” thing. Let me ask you a question and give me a serious answer. Are you really happy with the results of this team since our last super bowl? I am not and every year we talk about who should go and who shouldn’t. The bottom line for me since last year is the coach. Jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well when we were 13-3 a few years back a lot of guy were all hyped by our record. They neglected the fact Boswell was lights out that year and we played a lot of back up QBs and struggled to even win those games. But we were a great team? JAX says hello. Then last year a lot of people wanted to blame Boswell saying we should of been like 11-5 placing most of the blame on him and not recognizing how he saved our asses the year before and the back up QB factor.
    FFWD to this year Boz is back to being Boz(9-9) I think and now it’s were a couple fumbles away from 3-2. This team has found ways to lose the last couple of years. That’s the sign of a bad team not a good team if it weren’t for a couple mistakes. It’s not just the TOs it’s the coaching, preparation , execution and mental mistakes and penalties . That’s what usually separates the good from the bad.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    AV made the Pro Bowl on hype alone, he was never that good. Yeah they have a better defense this year, the offense isn't close to what it was in 2018, the OL was better at run blocking in 2018 than this season. Teams are going to stack the box more because Ben isn't at QB, it doesn't matter if Conner was a Pro Bowler last season.

4. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    It's definitely irritating to know that we could be tied for 1st right now...9-7 could win this division, 10-6 for sure does.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with all you said but you didn't answer my question, again I will post:

I am not debating what we should or could be this year cause honestly we could be 4-1 very easy. I am saying the whole “not having a losing season” thing. Let me ask you a question and give me a serious answer. Are you really happy with the results of this team since our last super bowl? I am not and every year we talk about who should go and who shouldn’t. The bottom line for me since last year is the coach. Jmo

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    No I'm not happy with the results lately, the coaches aren't out there fumbling in crucial moments :shrug:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well you just posted in another thread how when Mason is in there the game plan is to conservative well who do you think makes the game plan? If you are happy with the coaching that is fine I am not and judging by the many comments on this board I am not alone. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That sounds like a you problem then :bowdown:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  9. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Sign me to that list too. FMTI

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Another you problem :shrug:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I'm not interested in jumping into the fray between you and NY. I'm just saying that if you think it is just a small group of fans who want to see MT canned, then you must not be paying attention.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It really doesn't matter what any of us think, Art II will make the decision.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    We were 1 on side kick snafu from being 1-5. We let them get back into the game, gave them hope, and made it a one score game Stop with the what ifs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It's not going to happen as long as the team continues to have opportunities to win games. They played hard and had a chance to win every game this year outside of the Pats debacle.

The people that run the organization realize that the issues go beyond the HC, ie FG kicker, turnovers, injuries, or something else. Ultimately players win or lose games.

When this team gets blown out consistently like the Phins or Skins then I think it will be time for a coaching change.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. ThrowToHeath

ThrowToHeath Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    You literally just applied a "what if" by assuming that the chargers would have scored had they recovered the onside kick and then beat us in OT.

16. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Ironic right?

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Nope must be your problem since you keep quoting me. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    TY, I am not interested either but me and 6 usually go through this at least once a year. :shrug:

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The good news or bad news depending on your stance is it’s very likely the tradition will continue to 2021:shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    ........that is bad news..........:shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Good coaching puts us in the position of not losing because of a fumble. Good coaching also teaches players to properly protect the ball. btw we had 8 turnovers created by our defense in 2 games and still lost. How does that happen?

The issues in the 2nd half IMO were 100% on the coaching. The team totally lost focus in the 2nd half. We had several blown coverage's in the secondary - that's something that should not happen this late into the season. Stupid penalties is also a sign of losing focus... focus is coached. We had 2 big plays off of bad mistakes by the chargers that put us up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. So yea we won but it wasn't the blow out it should have been.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Coaches don't commit turnovers. Players commit turnovers. Players know they need to protect the ball. Sometimes turnovers happen regardless of ball security and coaching. Sometimes it's just bad luck.

How did it happen? Poor play by the QB. Especially on 3rd down.

It is not 100% on coaching when players play in the games. Players win or lose games by the way they perform on the field.

The other guys get paid too.

Some coaches might coach boarder line tactics ie the Pats and holding WR's in a subtle manner. I don't think there is a coach that coaches players to commit penalties. Sometimes penalties happen regardless of focus or coaching. That's life in the NFL.

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    And you continue to be wrong :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Or maybe the defense lost Tuitt, Haden, Watt, to injury in the second half, maybe that had something to do it not being a blowout. Also Bush didn't play well in the second half, after he injured his ankle in the first half.

25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    It is a you problem, because you're the one complaining about the coaches not me :bowdown:.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.