1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are truly blessed to have the Steelers as our team!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mdbates2, Feb 5, 2012.

1. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    O.K. Just out of curiosity - and depression that our team is not in the big game this year, I just wanted to look at the history of the Super Bowl. It was then that I truly appreciated what we have been treated to. We have enjoyed 8 Super Bowl appearances in the past 38 years - the most appearances of ANY team since Super Bowl 1 - tied with Dallas. We've won 6 of those - more than any team.

Moreover, there are four teams that have never even SNIFFED a Super Bowl.
    Six more teams have BEEN to only ONE Super Bowl with no win.
    Two have been to TWO SBs with no wins.
    Two have been to FOUR SBs with no wins.

That makes 14 teams that have NEVER won a single Super Bowl - almost half the league.

Even more -

Of those that have WON the big game - 18 in all - counting the Steelers -

7 have only won a single championship.
    3 have won two
    4 have won three
    1 has won four
    and 2 have won 5
    and of course, we are alone with 6.

I don't think we really think about how dominant this team has been for 4 decades. Though one team will join the "4" club tonight - we will remain at the top - and be very much in the running to win number 7 next year.

Consistency is one thing - but consistent DOMINANCE is what the Steelers have given us no matter what "dynasty" they want to call it.

So - root for whomever you want tonight - and hopefully, we'll be filling up this board NEXT February with yet another appearance and another win for the best organization with the best fans in the NFL!

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and during the trophy presentation they called the Giants the "best fans in the world". LOL! Play us in the Super Bowl and there won't even be a hint of blue in the stands. What a joke. Even when we don't win we are still the best franchise.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Can I get me an Amen! :yeehaw:

4. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    :amen: GOOD POST

5. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Let them say what they want about the Patriots and how strong they've been for the past 10 or so years. We have 40 years of consistency in our town - and - Belicheck and Brady may have won 3 together, but Bradshaw/Noll are 4-0!

To the Giants and their fans - welcome to the club of 5 teams that have won 4 or more.

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This is a great post with great perspective.

I've often thought the exact same thing, but never put it into words. This should be made sticky so it can be referenced by those Negative Nancy's that are always crying, bitching, and predicting doom and gloom about the Steelers.

7. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    I just think there are a lot of either younger posters - or some who forget just how the Super Bowl and The Pittsburgh Steelers are so incredibly linked - unlike any other team. The fact that almost HALF the league has NEVER been to a Super Bowl, much less won one AND that almost half of the rest have only one a single Super Bowl can give you the idea of how difficult it is to just win ONE - and we've been to 8 and won 6.

8. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :amen:

9. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    This thread is an answer to the "Negativity" thread. No need to be negative when you have the kind of performance shown in my first post.

10. mdbates2

Nov 3, 2011
    Just thought I'd bump this up - just in case there are some who haven't seen it. Also - the member who "has a bad feeling..." - take a look at the first post here and tell me what bad feeling there is to be had.