1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watt skipping otas?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, May 31, 2024.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Have to agree with you on this. LJ is one of the most overrated players in NFL history.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Whatever happened to Footballanalyst98? I miss his worship of Lamar, AB and OBJ.

Also miss SDOT. Pure entertainment. I don't which was funnier.... SDOT's posts or the reactions to them.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I think the kid analyst donated half of his salary from his paper route to AB to help with Brown's bankruptcy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I dunno man.

While Lamar will never possess the throwing talent of a Mahomes, an Allen or even a Herbert, what Lamar has done is be more efficient with the football. As me and you discussed, his MVP Performances don't happen against Pittsburgh for Mike Tomlin had studied him well at Louisville way back in 2017 and also had a chance to see him firsthand in 2019. Given how Tomlin is the longest tenured Coach in the AFC North, I think Tomlin has an idea on how to neutralize Jackson.

It also helps when you have three HOF level players in Heyward, Watt and Minkah assisting as well. Joey Porter Jr, to me, possesses All Pro Potential; though me and you both concurred that him going in Round 2 was a travesty and a steal at the same time. Compared to the rest of the NFL?! Very few teams have that level of Defensive Talent and, if they do, don't possess the players on Offense necessary to beat Jackson. Outside of Pittsburgh, Kansas City, Cincy (assuming Burrow is healthy which is now officially a concern), Houston and possibly Indianapolis, there isn't any other AFC Team at the moment that can win against Baltimore through either of these means.

I would add Buffalo but I will have to see how they perform after losing Stefon Diggs.

• Like Like x 1
  5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I dunno man.

Winning 75.32% of one's games isn't what I'd call overrated personally. I agree that his playoff record is now officially in question. That part is what is adding the "overrated" moniker to his name. As I told STD, his passing ability isn't touching Mahomes ever but he has shown he is good enough to get by.

In addition, only Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Houston and Indianapolis have what it takes to stop Baltimore; doubly so in the Steelers case. Tomlin knows Lamar all too well; him having three HOF Defensive Players making his job even easier. Even with Zay Flowers (someone whom I loved coming out), Joey Porter Jr or Donte Jackson will be able to handle him no question.

6. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Steelers fans shouldn’t be ragging on anyone for not winning big games. That is our new MO

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers don't have a two time MVP at QB like Baltimore does, Lamar doesn't impress me at all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    He certainly hasn’t gotten over the hump. Not sure if he ever will because he’s just not that good at making big time throws consistently.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Steelers really showed TJ for not coming in for OTA. Took everyone to Kennywood for FREE!

Not sure Justin Fields enjoyed it though, sitting behind center (Frazier).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024