1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watt pissed post fame

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Anybody watch the post game interview with Watt. He made a comment about the NFL being against him in relation to the play he got injured on. I don’t know exactly what he was talking about. Did he get hit low or held or something that caused the injury? Anybody know what he is referring to about the NFL being against him?

I am assuming he is getting sick of the non holding calls against him. At some point one if these defensive players are going to lose it on a Ref. The amount of rediculous penalities are getting out of hand. Especially how one sided they are against defensive players. It’s really hurting the quality if the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. MattCanada

MattCanada Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2022
    Yes he gets held a lot

didn’t notice it much this game but other games this season it’s been obvious ALOT

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I had the impression he got cut blocked. When he was walking off the field he was jawing at an official (line judge?). He looked really p!ssed.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah, I think that was the play he initially got hurt on. They started doing it a bit more after Roberts went down to give Murray a little more time to get to the TE. They did call a hold after that, but when you wait until a guy gets injured, what good does that do?

5. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    TBH I think the NFL sees that the offensive production league wide is getting worse because the QB's keep getting injured, so they're trying to give the offense advantage. They continuously let the OT's line up 2-3 yards deep to protect against speed rushers, they let them jump a split second early, and they let them hold. All in an effort to hopefully reduce the amount of sacks, therefore reducing injuries to quarterbacks. It would make a lot of financial sense for them to do it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Steelvision

Steelvision Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2022
    they’re watering down football to placate the zombified short attention-spanned audience. They’re certainly not catering to the traditional older school football fans

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Fame?

8. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Well they are destroying the quality of the game. What’s the point of investing in a defense anymore? The way games are referred now they are actually hurting the quality if the play in both sides of the ball now. The offensive players are very soft now.
    The quality if qb play has gone down as a result and the defensive players have clearly lost the ability for tackling consistently. Tackling is becoming a lost art.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    QB play has gone down some too because the quality of QB play in college is bad. Very few NFL style players. Tackling is bad because all they're taught to do is go after the ball and create turnovers. Plus the "hit box" of the offensive players has gotten so small and they're restricted in how they can initiate contact. Can't hit too high, not too low, not at a certain time, etc... Hard to commit to a hit anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  10. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    At this point I almost hope he gets traded in the offseason to a team with a chance to win it all. He deserves not to have his whole career wasted here, and this team needs a ground up rebuild anyway

He's not the kind of player to demand it himself, but he's got no chance to win a Superbowl on this team in the next 3 years.

11. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    the league loses its integrity with the amount of penalties in the rulebook that happen virtually every play, such as holding.. illegal contact is another joke of a penalty that can be called on virtually every play. these rules are in place to give refs the ability to call a penalty whenever they deem necessary. think about it, the refs can literally dictate the outcome of the game by picking and choosing when they want to call these penalties, because they take place every down.

12. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    upload_2023-12-3_23-12-55.jpeg

13. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I’m typing fast on a small screen. The F key is next to the G key Jagoff.

14. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
  15. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015
    Next year’s ruling will be QB will be wrapped in Bubble wrap except for the arms. That should stop the roughing the passer penalty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If I am a O-lineman going against TJ and I don't get called for holding, I'm going holding him every play. That is basically what is happening. I'm sure opposing O-line coaches are probably telling them to hold until it gets called.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Watt is mauled on almost every play, and still finds a way to kick @ss

19. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Same thing happened to the Silverback back when he was playing dominant. Another thing Harrison had against him was overhaul and wussification of the nfl that was taking place at the time when he was playing. I'd lose track in games how many times I saw him get held and even dragged down to the ground with no flag being thrown. It's why I can barely watch the nfl anymore. You can see league biases and measures they take to ruin it like watering down what defenses can do and throwing flags in blowouts to get the games closer. The product just isn't good anymore.