1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watt on pace to break JH single season Steelers sack record

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I guess Harrison is back to checking under his bed for @SDOT again....:roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    No doubt T.J. can do it. Question now becomes how soon does it happen?! We will have to wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I think if he's going to do it, the production needs to come against Arizona and NYJ. I just don't see him getting to Jackson or Allen behind the LOS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    So SDOT is sitting in a bar and in walks JH in his Patriots jersey, LeVeon in his JETS Jersey and AB in his straight jacket. He asks the bartender for a pen and a piece of paper, Bartender asks "Are you seeking autographs?". SDOT says "No, I'm going to stab them all and draw up my picket sign".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    He might get 5 vs. Darnold

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    What's the single game record? I remember that D. Thomas had 6 once.
    Scheme him for the single game record, Bell will show us...lol

7. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    That’s what I’m talking about Jack! Just say no to traitors.

I don’t have a problem with him signing with another team since Tomlin was too stupid to play him more. It’s the team he went to. The team he blasted over and over for being cheaters. Stand by what you said all those years and not cave to spite the team. He should have known it was a move that many would never forgive. NEVER.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SDOT.

I voted "Yes". Now, will he is another story. The more he gets regardless, the better it is for the team. So go TJ.

I am not going to try to persuade your feelings towards James Harrison SDOT. You are completely entitled. I have gotten over it. He gave me way too many great memories to hold this over his head. Also, he did not win a SB with NE them so that helps me to forget about it.

And in part, Tomlin forced his hand with the "False Promises" of playing time. Remember, that time went towards Dupree's development. Which in hindsight is working out pretty good so far for Bud. I am not justifying how he screwed JH over. JH just wanted to play. Money was secondary. Can't fault an employee for having a passion to want to work. Take care SDOT.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Disco1981.

Your stance and mine are alike, Tomlin fudged this one up with his "False Promises" of playing time for JH. James tried to stay patient but Tomlin forced his hand. The money was secondary. Plus the fact that NE did not win the SB so that helps to cool things down a bit. Hey, JH just wanted to work. I can never fault an employee for that. That is a good thing. Right? Take care Disco.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No way...Worse than AB, C'mon!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    See you are giving him the benefit of the doubt because his plan failed instead of what he attempted to do. I'm sorry but that's extremely fake. We aren't some fallback/plan C option. Secondly, where do you the draw the line? Are you going to forgive AB and Bell because they gave you great memories? I think what Harrison did was worse than them. I'm sorry but the precedent needs to be set now with Harrison or we are opening pandora's box. Players need to know they aren't going to be welcomed back. First thing AB agents said when he left is he thinks him and the Steelers will be back on good terms after his career. Like no, that's not how this works. Why does AB and his agent think this? Because of how the Steelers have handled Woodson and Harrison.

Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL especially PT. That's what led to a lot of the problems we had. I need to play so and so because I promised. No, you play the best players. Fans wouldn't be mad right now if Burns was playing over Nelson because of a promise?

I've never understood Traitorsons angle. So he went to Tomlin to see what his role the next year was going to be? He was either going to play for the Steelers or retire? So he was getting paid to do nothing. Anybody with a brain after they drafted Watt could see he was there for back-up/veteran leadership. Threw away 14 years for 4 games. What an idiot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Debatable. Apparently he was sleeping thru meetings and causing a lot of **** behind the scenes. Driving to games by himself. He didn't even go with the linebackers to see Shazier. A lot of bad juju caused by Harrison. Might have been the one whispering in AB's ear. What did AB do that was any worse than Harrison?

13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I don't see why not. Don't have to worry about LeVeon gaining anything. He's not exactly living up to his own hype.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    AB and Harrison were together before AB was released from the team. Harrison probably orchestrated the AB attitude that lead to the series of events that ultimately had AB end up with the Pats. AB to the Pats was probably AB's ultimate goal after being "coached up" by Harrison.
    Neither AB or Harrison conducted themselves as professionals at the end of their Steelers' careers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SDOT.

I gotcha'. I truly feel your passion. Now what AB did was just plain down rotten to the core. Actually lets throw in LeGarrette Blount too. Now what makes that situation so much worse with that turdball is that he actually won a SB with the Cheats. Now that really took the cake. No, you are right. Everyone you named pulled a childish stunt that I would expect from a 2nd grader. Man that's actually insulting to some 8-year olds that I know (smile).

Back on track here. None of them that you mentioned carried each of their personal situations like adults. I would have expected better. I also have an original saying that I can apply to these guys , especially AB, "Unbelievable but Typical". Yes, I have very good memories of all that you mentioned. However, I look at each situation on a separate basis. Yes, there are some commonalities but also some critical differences.

In one way we can lump them all into the same pot. I see your points, I really do. And like you, I have my anger towards all of them. It just varies along the scale as I look at each player's scenario on an individual basis. However, like I stated about JH, the man just wanted to work. He was promised to get work. Tomlin did not keep his word. This is where you and I fork in the road on JH. I am not going to get into each one's specific scenario here. We can talk more about this if you would like. I got to run to the train station to pick up the lady. Take care SDOT.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Exactly! So not only did he ruin his career he made us lose the best receiver in the game for nothing. And we really have goofs on here seriously saying they have forgiven him because of one play.

Also, apparently at the beginning of the off-season. Harrison was invited to a Steelers event and that's how he got AB's new number to do the interview and tell all about what really went down with Tomlin. Exactly why you need to keep these traitors away from the organization.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We’re on to Arizona......:roflmao:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think AB had issues that were managed by Tomlin. Tomlin probably let AB have certain privileges. I believe the ownership was "ok" with those decisions because AB was talented enough to help the team win games. AB thought he was to big. He was important enough that the ownership had a sit down to see if the issues could be resolved. Not much can be done for people like AB who lose their minds.

19. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I can't believe so many of yinz are letting Harrison, AB and Bell get under your skin so much still. Wake up call here. This ain't the 70's anymore. Teams aren't loyal to players and players ain't loyal to teams nor fans for that matter. It's nothing more than an entertainment business the same as Youtubers, WWE or any other idiotic reality shows. It's been watered down so much it not even comparative by nature to the way it used to be. Fantasy Football and Roger Gooddell ruined the sport and all the talking heads at ESPN spoon feed the garbage. I love the Steelers much more than the game itself but it will probably self destruct in the next decade or two. Kneeling, horrible refereeing, overpaid primadonna's, the list goes on why it's not worth stressing about.

I have no beef against Silverback. He was an incredible player for us and perhaps single-handedly brought us another Lombardi.

Bell was an idiotic bafoon who now is finding out how much he sucks without an Oline.

AB is a nutcase who should seek a shrink immediately.

And who's to say that any current or future player that you may love so much will find themselves on the same side of hate in a year or two? I love what Watt is doing but should he go to a rival and win for them while getting more money then so be it. I have no control over it and neither does any other fan. Just hope for the best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I am

21. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I heard James Harrison puts toilet paper on the spindle roll-from-the-bottom style. Keep him away from the Steelers!!

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I heard he just uses kittens...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    I still respect James but watt overall is already a better player . I think watt can do it

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Remember when Tomlin was doing his year end press conference and AB and Harrison were doing their little video at the same time?
    Harrison is a dirtbag.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Dude if you think Harrison had any stuff to do with AB WALKING OUT ON HIS OWN BS ACCORD you my brother are crazy.

• Agree Agree x 1