1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watt AND Tuitt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Aug 30, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    We open up against a very good Buffalo team, and as it stands right now...Watt AND Tuitt will not be there!

No padded practices, and " obviously " not a word from Captain Dumbass...I mean, We're just lonely Fans but..What a weird and secret preseason...

I was / am so excited for this season..A great Draft IMO, with Rooks looking to help right away! Loved the Ingram and Schobert signing, Bush coming back...A seemingly " fountain of youth " Ben... we all hope...

But idk, Without arguably your 2 best , 1st line of Defense players, against Josh Allen...

I'm losing my warm and Fuzzy feeling

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    As far as Watt I think a deal gets done, think Steelers are just waiting on the final cuts, and see who else gets cut from other teams to see if their is someone they want to go after, that was they will know where they sit on the cap situation.

We might not see a new deal to the 11th hour.

I hope it gets done, or else its going to be a major distraction all season long. Even if Watt doesn't sign a new deal, he won't skip game checks.

I think Tuitt has something wrong, with an injury they aren't saying much. They keep saying death of the brother etc. but I think there is more to it than that. Tomlin not saying anything until he has to.

We may be without Tuitt the 1st 5-6 weeks.

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    I hope it's only 5-6 weeks, and I'm hoping there is an injury. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him to be injured. But injuries heal with a relatively predictable timetable. If this is all mental, there's no timetable. If there's no injury, we might not see him back this season, or worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011

It could be mental health and I am not rushing judgement of that, everyone is different in that regard.

5. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I hear ya! When we drafted Najee and Ben "seemed" to be excited my hopes for the season soared. IMO we are in the roughest division and really need all hands on deck.

My excitement has taken a hit with the Watt & Tuitt situation. Watt is pissing me off, the older I get the $$$$$ part of sports really turns me away from sports. That said we need Watt big time. When Watt is firing on all cylinders he disrupts the hell out of offenses. I'll go in panic mode for the season if he holds out. Tuitt, I've written off for the start of season. Not happy but have accepted it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    So we agree?

7. troybellringer55

Nov 17, 2011
    I'm just saying it could be physical injury or in could be mental health.
    But, personally I think its more along lines of a physical injury of some sort and Tomlin isn't saying much because he didn't have to.
    But, if he is still out with a physical injury leading up to Buffalo he will have no choice on announcing it.

But everyone is different with losing a family member so I don't want to rush any judgement on that with Tuitt.

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Watt may be demanding to much on purpose..Some players are more about legacy and championships , this Team is really not close so I have no ideal he is thinking this , but he may just see no hope and wants out ?

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    @PWP you should check out what the Carolina Hurricanes just did to the Montreal Canadians as payback over the weekend. It's hilarious but cautionary as well

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Let's trade Watt for DeShaun Watson

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  11. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Don't doubt that or laugh...Watt SEEMS to be a player who is highly motivated, all about winning... MAYBE, He thinks that Popcorns Country Club does not have what it takes to achieve what he wants ( Championships )...

It isn't worth the money? I've said it on here, and " maybe " he thinks/ sees the same... You're not gonna win a Championship until this HC is gone...The lackadaisical effort and Coaching from this Bunch, Just Isn't gonna cut it...

Money " usually " trumps all...But does it?

• Like Like x 2
  12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I believe it's money. Especially if he's like his brother JJ. JJ. Has followed money not titles no matter what He likes 2 say. Problem is when you get paid Like that....you are not helping Your team win titles.

14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Amazing

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Just trade Watt and be done with these shanagagins!

• Like Like x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Hello 4 win season. Where have you been all these years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I doubt it PWP, he seems a lot like JJ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I'm from Atlanta. And remember a few years ago they had a player who lost a brother, and he didn't recover mentally and just quit..... I can't remember who it was.

I've heard of a few players it happened to. And someone barracaded themselves in a hotel and took their life. I think that was a charger player

It's possible tuitt is taking this harder than we can imagine.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What? What makes you say that? You think he is hurt or is just gonna retire?

20. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Rooney's have to be one of the most patient owners in the NFL.
    I have to think that Tuite is hurt and I know TJ Watt is one of top players in the NFL.
    I was never a believer that you can just turn on or off a performance. It is not like
    in College ball where your opponent maybe some Phys Ed teacher down the road, The other team
    gets paid it is a hell of alot harder to turn it on and off in the NFL. Limited production for 4 -5 weeks
    hurts the Steelers. Would this happen in the real working world? I have a feeling
    there would be consequences if your not meeting goals.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Seven4Steel

Nov 28, 2020
    That is my fear as well. If so, I pray that he gets help, a lot of it. Because if he's struggling this much now and leaves football, what will he have left and who will he be? I'm not talking as a fan here. He has busted his ass for most of his life to be one of the best at his profession. If he doesn't come back, there will be another huge void in his life right beside the larger void.

That's why I said before that I hope it's an injury. That can heal on a timetable. That is something understandable and part of the profession.

Prayers for him and his family.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You are probably right, but younger brother might want to show up big brother so to speak in look I got hardware and you didn't I was the better player .. We will find out soon enough if he doesn't sign long term with us, by the team he does sign with and for how much ?

Ben on his last year probably no good QB to fill his spot .The OL in rebuild our best and only coverage CB near the end..1 of Our best DL hurt or something..A safety who can't play deep.. It's fairly easy to make a case of why a young star would want out...

24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Damn... and I thought I was doom and gloom.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Steelers likely waiting for final cuts before any signing - need to scour for potential adds.

• Agree Agree x 1