1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

watt about tj

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Jan 29, 2017.

1. StillHERNation

StillHERNation Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2017
    Von Miller weighs 249. Not everyone has to be 255 or 260 to be effective.

Debo so big he should be a DE.. dude is 275 but he's 6ft tall. Lol

2. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
  3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    And you still see Shazier get trucked at times. Saying beating college double teams is the same as beating NFL double teams is ludicrous.

And you are quoting weights for a lot of ILBs, not 3-4 OLBs

4. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    Shazier gets trucked because he gets sloppy.

Von Miller doesnt get trucked.. 249. Anthony Barr 247.. Sean Lee 229.. does not get trucked.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. If going from college to pros was so seamless, you wouldn't have nearly as many busts.

You face the best of the best week in and week out in the Pros. Big difference.

6. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    Its not ludicrous they dont go from benching 30 reps in college to 90 in the pros. Lol

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    And Watt has no where near the athleticism that Miller has. Sean Lee is an ILB, he doesn't play on the edge.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    Exactly.. you face the best of the best.. weight means nothing.

If size really mattered, wouldnt Sam Mills been cut a million times? Dude was 5'9.. and a pro bowl LB and HOF correct?

Let's see how many OLBs I can find his size that are starting today. I wont use Greg Loyd.. he was 222.. and he's outdated now.

Couldve sworn skill meant more than size NOWADAYS.

9. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    He doesnt need the athletcism.. KEVIN GREENE DIDNT NEITHER.. AND HE STILL SMOKED OL.

10. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    so you're saying he doesn't have the athleticism and doesn't need the prototypical size.....lol

Hey, I'm not down on the kid, I'm just saying if we selected him at 1:30 we would be passing on much better athletes at different positions. If they could get him in the second that would be great, I just don't think he falls that far in the second.

11. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    Deandre Levy 238.. rated the 8th best OLB in the NFL.

KJ Wright 246.. rated the 7th best OLB NFL.

Thomas Davis 236.. rated the 5th best OLB in the NFL.

Sean Lee 229.. rated the 4th best OLB in the NFL.

Anthony Barr 247.. rated the 3rd best OLB in the NFL.

Lavonte David 234.. rated 2nd best OLB in the NFL.

Im pretty sure 249lb Von Miller is number 1. So I'll leave it at that.

TJ Watt aint too light at 240 after all huh?

Every LB doesnt have to have Bud's athleticism, if you have hustle, moves, technique and brains? Thats all you actually need.

TJ Watt was a TE, before he switched to OLB. JJ taught him all his moves.. thats why he has been so successful. He eats that backfield alive!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  12. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    Name an Edge Rusher outside of Haason Reddick that can actually play the 3-4 OLB position better than TJ Watt? No EDGE rusher can cover.

Prime example. Bud Dupree.. he is by far our worst cover LB. But what a great pocket collapser.

13. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    I dont think he'll be there at 60 either. 30 yes.

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I wasn't exactly giving Watt a ringing endorsement, lol.

I was saying that shedding double teams against players that mostly won't even get drafted is a big difference than going up against the best week and week out in the pros.

Watt has to prove he can do that before you can start saying its the same thing.

15. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    You act like Wisconsin is a scrub school. Lol

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    where are these ratings coming from? You already said you don't trust PFF for sheet

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Doesn't matter, only 1.6 percent of college seniors make it to the NFL. Can bump that up a little for the juniors who declare for the draft.

Point is, Watt isnt facing nearly the amount of talent he will once he gets to the pros on a weekly basis.

18. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    TJ 11.5 sacks.. 15.5 tackles for loss, 1 pick 6, 4 Pass Defensed and 2 FF for his 1st year as a starting OLB in a 3-4 defense. That's crazy!

Instead of using his size as a poor excuse I already proved you wrong with players smaller than him that are tops in the NFL at his position, use something more concrete.

Dude is a beast!

19. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
  20. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    So you mean the LTs and RTs that'll be picked in the Top 20 this year, he wont see in Pros? Come on bro. Lol

21. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    For the ones that will be available at the end of the first, there are not many. I'm assuming McKinley will be taken. And I wouldn't base the majority of my OLB criteria on pass coverage skills, I would be looking more for pass rushing.

I think the OLB class is pretty weak this year after the first couple. I am still not reaching for a pick based on need. Especially one that has had two knee injuries and only one year experience at the position. He does have a lot of potential but I think they will have other players graded higher imo.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    You're missing the point. He'll see them in the pros, how often does he see them in college?

If you think the talent he faces on a weekly basis in college is the same as he will in the pros, you're sorely mistaken.

He's going from a boys game to a mans game.

23. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    TJ weight is perfect for his height. He isnt 6'4..
    I think Takk will be there. I like him too. I like a lot of OLB prospects, but Takk reminds me of Bud completely. Raw, but talented as hell. I can name about 7 OLBs id love to have.

24. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
  25. StillHERNation

Feb 7, 2017
    i uunderstand there are levels to the game but to say his size wont cut it is ridiculous.

However.. i didnt know he was 6'4.. i thought he was 6'1.. so he could use 10 more pounds depending on how much he can bench. If he can get close to 25.. thats cool. Shazier benched that i think. He's strong for his size.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017